Google Android Apps

Mobile phones, PDAs, desktops, peripherals or anything else which doesn't fit in the laptop category
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Re: Google Android Apps

Postby EviL Ras » 11 Mar 2012, 14:00

The easyjet app is really good! but also got the skyscanner app just to check the other prices! Loving the natwest app too! Saved my ass with its instant transfer option, at cash machines! so i can switch a few quid from savings to current in an instant!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Fodder
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Fodder » 16 Mar 2012, 21:52

Mighty Text. Got this one from BBC Click. Install on phone, then install the chrome add-on. Then you can get the texts and reply to them on your pc, you can also see if someone is calling you (handy when you leave your phone elsewhere). Works brilliantly and is free (the service, not the texts as they go from your phone on the ordinary tariff).
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 22 Mar 2012, 14:08

Nice update on the natwest app! Now has the ability to top up 5 phones, and make payments (only to existing payees that have been set up with the card reader on your computer).
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 06 May 2012, 09:34

Been playing with Comicbook on the Note and it's great fun. John could make little comic adventures with his minifigures.
Y.N.W.A.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 06 May 2012, 11:41

Anyone know of a what's app desktop program or chrome extension for PC?

J
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 06 May 2012, 16:18

Just started using the Dropbox android app. Got a free 500MB bonus to my account for using the auto camera photo uploader. The more pics I upload, the more space I'll be given up to a max of 3GB. Dunno how many I need to upload before I get more space but does mean more space for tunage and mixes though!

And the app works well. Quite glad everything doesn't sync automatically to your phone. If you want an offline version kept on your phone then you favourite the item and it downloads it to your phone (my sd card).
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 18 Mar 2013, 22:56

You guys use/recommend any apps to download podcasts?
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 19 Mar 2013, 12:33

Doggcatcher was the only one I could get on with.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 19 Mar 2013, 18:05

Pocket Casts. Easily best I have used.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... RjYXN0cyJd

j
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Mar 2013, 16:48

What do people use for news? I used to like the Google News and Weather application as it was nice and simple just scraping together different headlines from different sources under the main categories but that seems to have disappeared with the upgrade to Jelly Bean and I can't see it in the store nor a replacement. Google Currents comes up when I search for news so I assume it's meant to be a replacement but I find it pretty clumsy.

I've been using the BBC news app and the Flipboard one but I miss having the Google news one.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 21 Mar 2013, 21:47

I just use Google Reader and subscribe to about ten websites I like.

However that is going the way of the dodo....

Trying to use feedly, but it's forcing too many pictures on me and want it a simple as possible.

j

EDIT : The desktop version of Feedly is fine, but can't seem to set-up the app the same
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 22 Mar 2013, 00:33

scarbunny wrote:Doggcatcher was the only one I could get on with.

jurassicjim wrote:Pocket Casts. Easily best I have used.

Cheers for the suggestions. I've downloaded BeyondPod but if I don't get on with that (and the 7 day full app trial) then I'll try one of those. I like how Zune deals with podcasts on my Zune mp3 player and the Zune software so trying to get a substitute for that really.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Google Android Apps

Postby robbo » 05 Feb 2016, 16:49

So, onto the plethora of Android apps! So many!! Spoilt for choice! Anything you guys use daily that I might be interested in? Difficult question to answer I know as I can't think of much at the moment but there have been "oh, not on WP" moments for things I've wanted to use/try in the past.

There a good simple notes/tasks/reminder app? Used to use the build in Tasks feature in the WP calendar to set little reminders that would ping at a certain time.

The Amazon Prime Video App need to be sideloaded from the Amazon App Store?

A few things that are bugging me so far...

Swiftkey is bugging me after a few days use. Am used to how you make corrections to incorrect swipes on wp8.1's word flow - one click of the backspace button to delete the whole word - but here you need to either long press backspace or one click to delete the auto inserted space and then each character - I'll have to get used to the long press as it learns my habits. Will be interesting to see how it develops now MS have bought it.

Using the built in Podcast app at the moment but run into a slight issue there - asked it to download the latest three podcasts but it only downloads the latest one. Easy to get around with manual downloading but would like it work as it should. Will check out those ones suggested above again.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Google Android Apps

Postby EviL Ras » 05 Feb 2016, 17:40

Google Keep is useful for notes! And syncs across devices!

Yes, annoyingly you can only get the prime app from the prime store. Grr.

Dead Trigger 2 is a great game.

Tube map and Uber are both def needed!
LUHG
Born 10/06/14
robbo
100th member
100th member

Google Android Apps

Postby robbo » 05 Feb 2016, 23:33

Does Google notes ping you like an alarm if necessary? I'll check it out.

Not too hard to install the prime video app - just done it. Go to Amazon in your browser, download and install the Amazon underground app, open it up and then find and install the prime video app.

Ah yes, how could I forget tube map. Need train times as well. Already installed uber!

Return to “Other Technology”