Techpond "Lego Minifigures" thread (we're not sad..)

Anything goes here...
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Re: Techpond "Lego Minifigures" thread (we're not sad..)

Postby Johnmcl7 » 26 Apr 2012, 16:39

I thought the same when I took mine out of the packet then also noticed she has a two sided head.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 01 May 2012, 18:40

Went into the toy shop in town today and they only had series 4 figures so didn't get any.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 May 2012, 00:32

No series 4 ones I've seen here, oldest is series 5 so I haven't checked series 4 to see if there's any I want from there. My little robot guy has been busy configuring the new PC:

Only problem is we've been hearing some odd noises coming from the PC which don't sound right, quickly grabbed this shot tonight when hearing some noise at the back:

Little zoom and enhance:
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 02 May 2012, 07:17

LoL!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 02 May 2012, 15:11

this is boss.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 03 May 2012, 15:40

just had a nice little chat with a lady in tesco as she joined me in feeling up packets of series 7 lego minifigures. she was buying them for her kids though.

i'm rubbish at feeling up these packets. thought a had the geek at one stage but then realised it was the stand. kept finding viking lady or the bride but just couldn't tell what the others were apart from some daggers.

im the end i've ended up with the hippie (change the head and then that can be my girlfriend!) and the sea mermaid god guy (got a good bod so can use it for when tennis ace goes on holiday!). no trooper or geek for me yet...
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 03 May 2012, 19:39

It is difficut to start with but it comes quickly with practice, I'd say the key is being able to feel each part in the packet and be able to identify the common parts (head, torso, legs and stand) and know what the unique parts are for each one.

I found a good feel guide I liked which pointed out which part to feel for but I couldn't find it in google searches now I've gone through my history and found it, loaded the page to get a php error and an attempted virus infection so won't be recommending that one. I'm not sure how common the programmer is, he's one I've come across the most frequently but that's only from two boxes. The minifigures are split into three groups from rare to common and the boxes each have so many of each of the three groups depending on the rarity, I think the programmer is in the middle group. I do find him easier to feel though, his laptop is much smaller than the stand and has a couple of notches on one side - if you think you have it, try feeling for the head and the mug - the mug feels almost exactly the same as the head so if you've got what you think is a laptop, see if you can feel two heads and you've probably got him.

I made myself a bit sick of trying to feel for minifigures so I've had a break but I want another laptop so may have a go tonight. I didn't notice until looking again at the shot above that the laptop has a little port for the charger and vents beside it which is quite a bit of detail for something so small.

John
jurassicjim
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby jurassicjim » 03 May 2012, 20:19

I know its totally nerdy and sad to be messing about with Lego at my age but these posts are making me want to!

That alien freaked me out! Was like watching the grudge

J
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 04 May 2012, 18:37

Jim, you can' t be too nerdy here...I did hesitate when I was in a Lego mood a few months back but I'd enjoyed building a bulldozer a few years back and encouraged by a friend who on a visit home at Christmas decided to take out his Lego and build some old Technic models plus I saw on another car forum where a few of them had bought Lego and enjoyed it. So I thought stuff it and bought one..and another...and another and it's admittedly gone out of a control a bit since then but I still find the models enjoyable to build, bit like a jigsaw but with a much better end result.

John
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 04 May 2012, 20:01

Lego is really satisfying. Been a VERY long time since I had any. Maybe I should treat myself.

Theres a new Lord Of The Rings one isnt there?

j
UKIan

Postby UKIan » 04 May 2012, 20:43

Oh god this looks fun, To tescos!

I got some mini figures in my lego starwars advent calendar. All the cast basically, can't remember being a c3po though, will have to look :)
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 05 May 2012, 09:48

I had great fun watching and helping a mate build a little star wars scene. I went from mugging him off to asking to help in 10 minutes.
UKIan

Postby UKIan » 05 May 2012, 19:29

matt wrote:I had great fun watching and helping a mate build a little star wars scene. I went from mugging him off to asking to help in 10 minutes.

It's impossible not to.
Tescos was a bust. They seem to have run out :(
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 05 May 2012, 23:25

Turns out he has quite a few of the little blighters. I was going to take a photo but felt a bit weird as A) he wasn't in the house and B) it was to brag on the internet my mate is boss at collecting lego.

I did smile when I clocked the little robot administrator quietly on the top shelf minding his business and pwning all!

Also, the death star tends to overshadow his collection. The thing is HUGE!

John, did you buy the kit you linked to the other day? If so a timelapse build would be great fun to watch :)
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 06 May 2012, 11:56

I'm proud to say I managed to resist both the Tydirium and the Executor mainly due to the size, the Executor is around 1.25m long and the Tydirium was bigger than I realised as well. Plus I was concerned that the models were cosmetic particularly the Executor which lacked a solid subframe which meant its hull flexed.

John

Return to “The Salmon Pond”