Formula 1

Anything goes here...
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Formula 1

Postby Tappy » 10 Oct 2016, 10:16

Oh dear, despite an entertaining Japanese GP, the talk is all about Hamilton's behaviour today:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37600049

I dunno, perhaps the media turning on him is a good thing. He's surrounded by people that adore him. If a large proportion of those stop then maybe he'll reel it in a bit.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Formula 1

Postby Johnmcl7 » 10 Oct 2016, 11:19

That's just F1 in general though, when the cars and racing are so dull almost all the talk and headlines throughout the year have been about the 'dramas' outwith the race.

John
Knowledge is Power - Guard it well
robbo
100th member
100th member

Formula 1

Postby robbo » 12 Oct 2016, 13:36

Was he being rude? Or just modern/current with his social media usage? Hmmm, can see both sides but as long as it wasn't disrespectful and teenage-not-bothered then it's ok. Didn't see how he was in the driver interviews/briefings but guess it's all part of the 'show'.

Looking forward to Amurrrica!
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Formula 1

Postby Johnmcl7 » 12 Oct 2016, 18:38

I'd say he was clearly being extremely rude, I'm normally one to defend Hamilton but I thought he came across really badly - he looked completely bored and disinterested and while I appreciate he is probably a bit fed up at the moment, press conferences are something he has to do.

John
robbo
100th member
100th member

Formula 1

Postby robbo » 13 Oct 2016, 00:50

Obnoxious. That's the word I couldn't think of in my last post.
Tappy

Formula 1

Postby Tappy » 02 Nov 2016, 11:13

At least Sebastian is here to make the other Formula 1 drivers look normal and well adjusted.

It's amusing to chart the arrogance based on his drive.
Sebastian when winning at Red Bull - attitude: driven - personality: knob end
Sebastian when out of contention at Red Bull - attitude: relaxed - personality: nicest guy in the world
Sebastian when at the cusp of competitiveness at Ferrari - attitude: hungry - personality: bat shiv crazy angry man.

In a more surprising shift, the Berg and Hammy were all chummy after the race. I guess, as things stand, Hammy can do everything right and still not win, so there is less tension between them... perhaps?! Maybe Hammy is planning to 'Prost' him at the last race.
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
robbo
100th member
100th member

Formula 1

Postby robbo » 02 Nov 2016, 14:37

I was thinking maybe Berg was going to do a Senna on Hammie!

Ross Brawn to take over from Ecclestone. Could be interesting to see how that develops. Might take a while to see if any changes happen.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Formula 1

Postby robbo » 28 Nov 2016, 10:55

So, over for this year. Well done, Rosberg. Don't even know what happened further down the pack. Shame for Button but it seems like it's a relief that he's finished now.
Tappy

Formula 1

Postby Tappy » 28 Nov 2016, 14:46

Yeah, poor Butts. His car failing did seem somewhat appropriate given his season.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Formula 1

Postby Johnmcl7 » 28 Nov 2016, 22:48

Did you see Jenson taking over Ted's notebook to do Jenson's notebook? I know he's said he's focusing on triathlons and other stuff but I really hope he ends up doing some presenting or commenting, he's got a great manner with the camera and obviously a lot of good F1 knowledge.

John
matt
Cake
Cake

Formula 1

Postby matt » 29 Nov 2016, 11:52

For real John, that's awesome.

Chandock's(?) commentary I think has been really good this year. If you get brundle / jenson and crew on one production team it would be mega (and boot off Ej / T4 presenter in the process).
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Formula 1

Postby Johnmcl7 » 30 Nov 2016, 02:36

I thought Chandhok was good as well although I hadn't realised he was only two years in F1 as a driver (possibly more as a test driver) . I knew he'd been in FIA WEC but thought that was only one year, turned out he was in that a few years.

John
Tappy

Formula 1

Postby Tappy » 30 Nov 2016, 10:30

Yeah, really like Chandhok as well. He always had a good manner with the camera. You can tell because these are the types that they always go to for ad hoc interviews. Same with Button. I don't know if you remember, but he did some commentary at the Monaco GP a few years back when he couldn't race and he was pretty natural.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Formula 1

Postby robbo » 06 Dec 2016, 00:48

Any bets on Hammie's next partner?

I've just started using this so if Bottas jumps ship I'll be good to go at Williams.

tmp-cam--1126286930.jpg
Deo
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Formula 1

Postby Johnmcl7 » 24 Jan 2017, 18:41

So Bernie Ecclestone looks to be out:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38721123

I assumed that he wasn't really out and would still be pulling strings behind the scenes but it does seem like he's finally out of the sport entirely. He's a controversial character and some claims he's done good for the sport but I can't help feel he's responsible for a lot of the sports problems and there's an interesting comment in that article:

The latest company to buy the sport - USA's Liberty Media - has looked at this, at a skewed prize-money structure, at a policy that is threatening to price out much-loved historic races in favour of characterless new ones in countries with questionable regimes, at a refusal to engage with digital media, and several other issues, and decided to ease him out.

I don't know how much control Liberty have exactly but it sounds promising that they want to reverse this as the current way funds are used seem absurd given hosting the F1 has become so expensive, classic circuits can't afford to, the cost of TV rights have forced it mostly off free TV while smaller teams are struggling to keep themselves in the sport. The fact that the teams seem pleased with the buyover is hopefully a good sign.

John

Return to “The Salmon Pond”