Re: Top Gear is back Sunday :D

Postby Replicant » 16 Jun 2015, 19:38

Y.N.W.A.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 16 Jun 2015, 21:07

Also, 75 min final special on Sunday 28th June.

Clarkson came in to do unpaid voiceover work for the episode which sees our facv three old men "immerse themselves in the lifestyle of the traditional classic car enthusiast".

Before the 2nd half of the show has them "trying to become leisure enthusiasts with the help of some cheap lifestyle leisure vehicles".
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 16 Jun 2015, 23:57

I saw a tv spot on bbc 2 earlier this evening. It was the old three and just said coming soon. Then I read the Chris Evans news.

Intrigued how CE will take over to make it his own and who the other two (or one, three?!) will be.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 17 Jun 2015, 00:22

I don't mind Chris Evans when he's doing his thing but I've not found anything he's done with cars to be even remotely interesting.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 17 Jun 2015, 10:32

David Sillito, BBC media and arts correspondent wrote:When Jeremy Clarkson relaunched Top Gear in 2002 it ceased to be a programme about cars; it became a programme about slightly tragic men who loved cars.
The essence was banter, lists and brilliant film-making. The problem is what happens when you lose the blokes.
Chris Evans is one of Britain's most successful broadcasters. He loves cars, he understands how to make television and he's a friend of Jeremy Clarkson. But he ain't Jeremy Clarkson.
Around the World Top Gear has appeared in different forms. The ones that work best have Jeremy Clarkson - even if he has to be dubbed into Farsi.

Mark Savage - BBC News entertainment reporter wrote:There's a very telling line in Chris Evans' statement: "I promise I will do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and take the show forward."
The 49-year-old is acutely aware of Top Gear's reputation - and the reaction his appointment will provoke.
On paper, he's a perfect replacement for his good friend Jeremy Clarkson. A car nut with a motor mouth and a track record in steering a television juggernaut to success.
But he's also a divisive figure, with many viewers put off by the unruly, egotistical behaviour of his tabloid years.
Evans even admitted there was a "50/50 split" among Top Gear fans over whether his involvement was a good idea.
However, he added: "In TV or radio, if you get a 50/50 love/hate reaction that usually equals massive hit."
Only time will tell.
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 17 Jun 2015, 12:51

Johnmcl7 wrote:I don't mind Chris Evans when he's doing his thing but I've not found anything he's done with cars to be even remotely interesting.

John

I think that is what has me, not worried, but erm, unsure of how Chris Evans will do as Top Gear host. Seems such a car nut at times that it could be boring to watch. Hopefully not though.

Looking forward to the last 75 mins of series 22.
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Tappy » 20 Jun 2015, 12:04

Johnmcl7 wrote:I don't mind Chris Evans when he's doing his thing but I've not found anything he's done with cars to be even remotely interesting.

John

+1
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 20 Jun 2015, 14:52

I will reserve judgement until I see the first programme or two.
Too many opinions and trash talk going on in the MEjaah to bother wasting my time on.

On a separate note I have been reading that Ewan McGregor is to do a 3rd Long Way.... called Long Way South which goes from Baja Mexico to Tierra del Fuego.

Apparently it will be sans Charlie and BMW, preferring to use a Moto Guzzi (he is a known fan of theirs).
Y.N.W.A.
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 20 Jun 2015, 15:22

I will watch the first few, maybe the first series if it's not terrible to see if it is ok. But I am not a fan of Chris Evans so I'm not expecting too much.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 22 Jun 2015, 22:35

Replicant wrote:I will reserve judgement until I see the first programme or two.
Too many opinions and trash talk going on in the MEjaah to bother wasting my time on.

On a separate note I have been reading that Ewan McGregor is to do a 3rd Long Way.... called Long Way South which goes from Baja Mexico to Tierra del Fuego.

Apparently it will be sans Charlie and BMW, preferring to use a Moto Guzzi (he is a known fan of theirs).

Fingers crossed it turns out well, I thought Long Way Round was great and enjoyed Long Way Down as well. It's incredible the effect it had on BMW sales, that person from KTM that decided not to lend them the bikes must be still kicking themselves.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 23 Jun 2015, 19:05

I liked Long Way Round but LWD had definitely had the corporate glitz thrown on it and was not as good as the first.

I also own a DVD called Mondo Enduro which was filmed in the 90's and was completely unsupported. Far more realistic and shows how 'normal' people do it. Well worth a watch to see how much easier Ewan and co had it.
Y.N.W.A.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 29 Jun 2015, 08:25

I really enjoyed last night's last episode with the old crew. Had myself in fits of giggles and tears coming out of my eyes. I don't know why I was laughing so much! Was making my gf laugh with the amount I was laughing!

Sombre ending and how will Mr Evans and the others follow that?
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 29 Jun 2015, 13:54

I was crying laughing at the SUV bits! but in some ways, it does show that the show is getting old. MAybe a new one will be good? But i'll still watch them on ITV!
LUHG
Born 10/06/14
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 30 Jun 2015, 10:10

I've said it before, but to keep the legacy, I think this is probably the best thing that could have happened to the show before it got old and tired. That being said, I was aloling throughout. It was certainly worth getting those two films broadcast.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 30 Jun 2015, 10:39

shame it ended on a close up of hammonds goatee, did he lose a bet or something?

Kill it, kill it with fire!!

Return to “The Salmon Pond”