What have you bought today - VOL 4

Anything goes here...
Replicant
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Replicant » 21 Sep 2016, 08:59

Pretty much all of my cycling clothing is from the Endura Hummvee range. Mainly because it is slightly looser fitting rather than bein skin tight and the baggy shorts come with a decent set of removable padded shorts.

All of which reminds me I need to get some inner tubes and energy bars for the weekend.
Y.N.W.A.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Sep 2016, 12:03

I usually just buy cheap stuff but read some good reviews on some Raceface shorts which were discounted and are designed to be used as undershorts so thought I'd give them a go. I still have a load of inner tubes I bought for previous endurance races and had my backpack stuffed with inner tubes last weekend as you never know when you'll get a puncture or worse a load of punctures which is the end of the ride if you've no spares.
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 22 Sep 2016, 12:52

A little while ago now but a rug for my living room.
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 26 Sep 2016, 13:27

Spent several thousand on some small bits of metal and wires to go in my mouth. Apparently I can pick up digital radio now though.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 26 Sep 2016, 13:36

nice, I bought two £40 xbox credit vouchers and then 1x forza horizon.

Internet is still down though, I was secretly hoping the internet lords would look kinder on me knowing I had a download waiting :(
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 26 Sep 2016, 13:45

Defaqto 5 star AA travel insurance with "airplane company goes bust" cover. Just in case for the Monarch thing!

But at least i get meerkat movies for another year as well.
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 27 Sep 2016, 17:06

I am tempted by FH3 but usually wait for the price to drop, taking the Forza engine into an open world is a great idea and I do like just driving around with semi-realistic handling (vs the arcadey handling that type of game normally uses) but on the other hand I've found the previous games frustrating for their terrible design and presentation as the tracks rarely take advantage of the open world and there's no sense of progression as the championships just seem pretty random. Hence you end up with a muscle car championship that's entirely off road (and no it's not fun trying to keep a Viper in a straight line while going through a field) and a 4x4 off road championship entirely on road.

That said the cross play on Pc/Xbox makes the digital version a lot more appealing and that's unlikely to change in price any time soon.

I've taken advantage of the Argos deal to complete my Lego Speed Champion cars and also bought three Lego Minifigure blind bags which got me my third, fourth and fifth Mariachi band members...argh

Also got the rear brake on my bike sorted for a surprisingly cheap eight quid, out of the blue the rear disc started catching on the pads just very slightly but couldn't see anything wrong with the caliper however turned out it was the axle I'd somehow bent. I'm relieved it's something simple as I have a 100 mile ride planned for it next week and that wouldn't be much cop with a sticking brake.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 29 Sep 2016, 11:44

Got an Amazon Echo delivered yesterday. Seems good, but jury is still out on wether or not it's actually going to be useful enough to keep.

Also got the WIFI version of this delivered today.

https://anovaculinary.com/

Unfortunately I'm on a stag do all weekend so wont get a chance to use it. £50 off and always wanted one, so happy to take a punt!

j
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 29 Sep 2016, 12:11

jurassicjim wrote:Source of the post Got an Amazon Echo delivered yesterday. Seems good, but jury is still out on wether or not it's actually going to be useful enough to keep.

Also got the WIFI version of this delivered today.

https://anovaculinary.com/

Unfortunately I'm on a stag do all weekend so wont get a chance to use it. £50 off and always wanted one, so happy to take a punt!

j

let us know! was tempted myself :)
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 29 Sep 2016, 12:32

Sous vide? Vacuum-sealing food and cooking it? Yeah, I do that when I forget to put holes in the film of the microwave meal.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 01 Oct 2016, 02:21

I still love the idea of the Echo but just know ultimately I'd never use it for anything :(

On a much more practical note, I bought a big Lego Technic Porsche that's bright orange.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 01 Oct 2016, 18:30

I popped by Aldi and picked up some of their cheap cycle stuff.

John
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 01 Oct 2016, 18:53

Got a trip for 2 to Barcelona for my dad's 60th. £400 for 3 days in a junior suite and flights. Not bad!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 14 Oct 2016, 12:53

Well I have bought myself a Drift Ghost S helmet camera and also a Sena 20s Bluetooth communication system which will sit on the other side of my helmet and will look something like this.

20S-042.jpg
Y.N.W.A.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 20 Oct 2016, 13:38

Some more nick-nacks from Ikea. Didn't seem much but still added up to over £50!

Return to “The Salmon Pond”