What have you bought today - VOL 4

Anything goes here...
jurassicjim
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby jurassicjim » 25 Nov 2016, 10:46

They really should give people a free digital copy with a physical purchase. It would encourage me to buy more books for sure.

j
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 26 Nov 2016, 02:17

jurassicjim wrote:Source of the post They really should give people a free digital copy with a physical purchase. It would encourage me to buy more books for sure.

j

Exactly what I've thought especially unlike music, video and games downloads the e-book downloads are tiny in size. I thought that's what one of the publishers I use were going to do when they started to offer physical/ebook bundles and would have paid the couple of pounds extra to buy the books direct from the publisher. However it turns out their 'bundle' was almost double the price of the physical book with just a couple of pounds knocked off compared to buying the physical book and ebook separately.

I've bought Recore, Yi 4K and a 12 month Xbox live subscription in the sale - all stuff I was after anyway so good to get a discount.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 20 Feb 2017, 00:25

Wow, this topic has fair got old!

Speaking of old, I picked up a new mp3 player - I've had a Cowon J3 for a good few years now and it's been quite odd as there's been nothing in that time I thought worth replacing it with. The market seems to have split in two with really cheap entry level players and then super expensive ones which aside from the cost usually have a pretty awful design, are bulky and have terrible batterylife. However Cowon finally brought out a worthy successor in the form of the Plenue D which I considered picking up but decided it wasn't worth the upgrade while the J3 was working fine. However I noticed the Plenue D seemed to be quietly disappearing and advancedmp3 had a good deal on a package with the case so I've picked one up. It's short and fat compared to the J3's longer and slim design, I think the latter is better but it's a really nicely made mp3 player which feels like a premium item itself and some pretty nice packaging as well. Sound quality is better over the older J3 and usefully it now has a micro USB port rather than a proprietary one.

Also feeling like a bit of a relic I bought a 'New' 3DS XL after stupidly leaving mine on a plane which is really unusual for me, I've been toying with whether to get one or not as the 3DS is obviously now at the end of its life so thought perhaps I should just wait and get the Switch. That has its own issues so decided just to get a 3DS and have to stop constantly looking in classified and HUKD for one, doesn't really seem much different from the old 3DS and does feel like a lot of money for what it is. Got myself a nice Pokemon Sun Steelbook (I bought Sun for the trip and lost it with the 3DS having never played it) so just need to get a suitable case and I'm pretty much sorted.

I've managed to pick up a few accessories for the Mavic so now have an additional battery, spare props and a higher capacity memory card so just need some slightly better weather to get it out in.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 21 Feb 2017, 11:59

Not sure what I've mentioned on here but I've bought a few things the back end of last year.

An extra pair of Sonos Play:1s to add to the Sub and Playbar for 5.1, it sounds rather good and no messing around with wires to the rears. Just so expensive.

A Hue starter kit, nice and easy to set up, fun to mess around with ultimately a little pointless unless I buy more bulbs.

A Dyson V6 Total Clean, brilliant little vacuum, more than enough battery for our house and no lugging the big old one around. The amount of dirt and fluff it pulled up the first run round the house was shocking considering I hoover regularly with an old Dyson animal.
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 21 Feb 2017, 14:27

dyson v8 absolute pro ultimate. The Mrs uses it so that's a win for me.
new hackett jumper + sheep skin coat (I did badly out of that trip)
paid off south africa
no more monies till bonus month.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 22 Feb 2017, 10:09

scarbunny wrote:Source of the postAn extra pair of Sonos Play:1s to add to the Sub and Playbar for 5.1, it sounds rather good and no messing around with wires to the rears. Just so expensive.

A Hue starter kit, nice and easy to set up, fun to mess around with ultimately a little pointless unless I buy more bulbs.

Hey Scar, I just ordered a playbar this morning, had my eye on one and the pending Brexit caused price hike forced my hand.

How do you connect it to the TV and what type of TV do you have? I've heard it's not always going to pass through 5.1 sound due to the way it works. I bought one of these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

So if I can't set it up with the TV direct I'll see if that helps.

You got a mount for it?

Also got some hue bulbs, two rooms so far, lounge has two lamps the ceiling light and I bought a Go for behind the TV. Main bedroom two lams and ceiling lights. I'll def be buying more!

j
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 22 Feb 2017, 14:58

Cyberlink powerdirector 15 - so i can get better motion tracking, faster encoding and simple audio syncing for my new multi camera videos.
RODE smartLAV+ lavalier mic - basically free due to getting £40 vouchers. Sounds good on my smartphone.
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 22 Feb 2017, 16:02

jurassicjim wrote:Hey Scar, I just ordered a playbar this morning, had my eye on one and the pending Brexit caused price hike forced my hand.

How do you connect it to the TV and what type of TV do you have? I've heard it's not always going to pass through 5.1 sound due to the way it works. I bought one of these...

j

I have the official Sonos mount for the Playbar, it was the cheapest option and available locally, it mounts it tight and flush to the wall. My TV setup is a little weird as I have the Sky box running into the Xbox One, then that connected to my TV via HDMI and then optical from the TV to the Playbar, luckily both my TV (Sony 50W829) and the Xbox pass through 5.1 it took some messing around with settings across all three devices to make sure 5.1 was getting through but worth it in the end.

I'm considering getting a new TV this year, with the new Xbox outputting 4K HDR it seems silly not having a TV that can handle that when it comes out. But am concerned I will lose 5.2 pass through, not sure what I'll do in that scenario.
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 23 Feb 2017, 14:19

scarbunny wrote:Source of the post
jurassicjim wrote:Hey Scar, I just ordered a playbar this morning, had my eye on one and the pending Brexit caused price hike forced my hand.

j

I have the official Sonos mount for the Playbar, it was the cheapest option and available locally, it mounts it tight and flush to the wall. My TV setup is a little weird as I have the Sky box running into the Xbox One, then that connected to my TV via HDMI and then optical from the TV to the Playbar, luckily both my TV (Sony 50W829) and the Xbox pass through 5.1 it took some messing around with settings across all three devices to make sure 5.1 was getting through but worth it in the end.

I'm considering getting a new TV this year, with the new Xbox outputting 4K HDR it seems silly not having a TV that can handle that when it comes out. But am concerned I will lose 5.2 pass through, not sure what I'll do in that scenario.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/29-cash ... ee-2622243

:mario:
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 24 Feb 2017, 12:22

Paint, paint, polyfiller, fine polyfiller, nice angled paint brush...

Need to return one unused tub of paint as managed to scrape on one and a half coats on two small walls and didn't want to crack open a fresh tin especially when it only came in a large tin.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 21 Apr 2017, 14:10

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/star-wars-may-4th

I haven't bought, but with 40% off star wars lego oh man do i want to!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 22 Apr 2017, 05:52

New chain and sprockets for the motorbike. Guess I will be doing maintenance this weekend.
Y.N.W.A.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 23 Apr 2017, 02:40

I bought a new Garmin 5s smartwatch and finally settled on a new router, went for a Netgear D7000 which seems to get decent reviews.
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 24 Apr 2017, 09:48

EviL Ras wrote:Source of the post https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/star-wars-may-4th

I haven't bought, but with 40% off star wars lego oh man do i want to!

Oh, harro!
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 27 May 2017, 05:45

Bought myself an Easton Havoc Carbon Riser handlebar for the MTB as reduced from £130 down to £60.

Chain Reaction seem to be selling off their stock of Easton components. Top quality stuff.
Y.N.W.A.

Return to “The Salmon Pond”