What have you bought today - VOL 4

Anything goes here...
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 31 Oct 2016, 01:58

I'm quite excited not about something I bought but what my Mum has bought, she's had an ebike for a month as part of a scheme to encourage people to do less miles in their car. That went back last week and went really well as she was taking it for short trips and enjoying going out for longer cycles with me. I was pleased that she was keen to get her own bike but had little luck hunting for bargains and had a poor response when asking on a big ebike forum. In a half awake daze last night while waiting for a possible call back from work I somehow managed to stumble across the exact model of bike she'd hired but for a big 25% off. I mailed her the details and woke up this morning to an e-mail confirmation as she bought it straight off and turns out the last one in her size.

It's been dispatched and no issues getting delivered to the Highlands so just hoping it arrives ok now

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 01 Nov 2016, 09:54

2 cans of flea spray. Ankles are now a human dot to dot.

Any special tips from the pro's?
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 04 Nov 2016, 03:15

I've been after an Xbox One controller for a while and for various reasons it keeps going wrong until today I saw a deal on the design I wanted for £11 less and better yet I had £15 of vouchers with the company. Although it was all undermined when I decided I also like the other design they had reduced and bought that as well.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Replicant
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Replicant » 08 Nov 2016, 15:04

Bought myself a vest/gilet for cycling and managed to snaffle it for £50 instead of £80. Tried it at the weekend and I was impressed.
Y.N.W.A.
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 09 Nov 2016, 10:34

That was on The Apprentice last week wasn't it?! Does it have lights at the back and was launched with a distasteful and confusing mime campaign?

Oh, and they like to call it a gillet.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 18 Nov 2016, 04:20

I bought a fairly expensive Gore jacket on a local sale reduced to £90 from £180 which seemed way too much but I really liked the jacket, it was very light, comfortable fit, kept me warm (I was out in -2 tonight with just it and a t-shirt) and also no issues with zips or seams coming apart. I've had a few cheaper cycling jackets and they never lasted that long so the money was well spent on the Gore....until I crashed the bike and ripped the shoulder :(

I finally found a place selling them cheap but they were black rather than the bright red mine was which I felt was useful for visibility so I left it and a fellow fat biker was selling a blue one (the colour I wanted) for a bit less than the sale price so felt like it was meant for me.

I've bought a 10TB HD in Amazon's warehouse deal, I'm a little iffy on buying a HDD second hand but it's going to be a backup drive so I'm thinking it's worth a shot.

John
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 18 Nov 2016, 11:40

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the post
a fellow fat biker was selling a blue one (the colour I wanted) for a bit less than the sale price so felt like it was meant for me.

John

I take it you mean 'fat biker' rather than 'fat' biker? :lol:

I never buy cheap MTB clothing as it just isn't worth it in the long run as there is always a compromise. I will buy good quality e.g. Endura, Gore etc at a discount because it is end of line or some other reason.
Y.N.W.A.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 18 Nov 2016, 23:47

Replicant wrote:Source of the post
a fellow fat biker was selling a blue one (the colour I wanted) for a bit less than the sale price so felt like it was meant for me.

John

John's been piling on the pounds and drinking non-diet Irn-Bru!
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 19 Nov 2016, 00:49

Replicant wrote:Source of the post

John

I never buy cheap MTB clothing as it just isn't worth it in the long run as there is always a compromise. I will buy good quality e.g. Endura, Gore etc at a discount because it is end of line or some other reason.

Well 'fat biker' and 'fat' biker are both the same thing, a beer belly and beard are both compulsory requirements for fat bike riding :)

John
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 21 Nov 2016, 23:11

Click and collect for another Now TV box with 6 months entertainment. Also bought the 4 months movies one. Not sure if I'll use that yet as have hardly used the movies one I have so far. These must be my 4th and 5th boxes...
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 22 Nov 2016, 18:48

I'd do the same if my Mum didn't have Sky, it seems a much more reasonable deal to get to the Sky content I'd want.

Renewed my car insurance which is good to get out the way and my brother's speeding offence didn't add much, just wish they'd give me a reasonable auto-renew although it was fairly quick this time.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 22 Nov 2016, 21:44

Also picked up Pokemon Sun and a stereo headset for the Xbox.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 24 Nov 2016, 13:29

I was disappointed that I wouldn't have any new Jack Reacher books to read while I was travelling then remembered I had Prime, ordered three books last night and they arrived this morning even at my remote island location.

John
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 24 Nov 2016, 13:40

You still order books?!!!

I downloaded them all to my kindle a year or 2 back.

Dude, you need a 3G kindle for travelling! My wife swears by hers!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 24 Nov 2016, 21:54

I have an e-reader but there's no way I'm paying significantly more for a digital copy - getting the three books electronically would cost 50% more and those digital copies are worthless the moment I buy them while the physical ones still have value. It's worse with Black Library as their e-books are usually a larger increase over the physical copies and the short runs on the prints means the books are easily worth the same money to sell on or more as time goes on and they don't get a reprint.

John

Return to “The Salmon Pond”