What TV series have you watched?

Anything goes here...
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 06 Dec 2016, 08:24

Just started Rick and morty. Holy crap where has this show been?! It's so funny!

Just watched s01 ep4 Mr meeseeks. Where you can ask this being to appear, do a simple task, then they vanish happy. I swear, I haven't laughed that hard for a long time! I may re watch it before ep 5!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 07 Dec 2016, 20:04

I did mention how brilliant Rick and Morty was a few pages back :)

Existence is pain to a meeseeks Jerry, and we will do anything to alleviate that pain.
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 07 Dec 2016, 23:28

Mr meeseeks is hands down the best episode of season 1. I'm still laughing at it everyday!

Finished series 1, it was great! onto season 2 now!!

Here's the video that made me watch the series!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 08 Dec 2016, 15:15

I can't even be annoyed I paid £25 for the first series and then they released it on netflix then paid £25 for the second series and Netflix released that the week after as it's brilliant. I really like the Meeseeks episode as well and it's all done so well that it's just as funny watching it again.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 09 Dec 2016, 00:28

What I'm loving most is that nothing happens without it meaning something later! The house, characters, events. Everything seems to appear again or have relevance later!

So I understand the game of thrones analogy now!
LUHG
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 09 Dec 2016, 16:16

The attention to detail is impressive even for minor things and as you say you know everything means something and will come into play later.
Spoiler:
I'm still wondering when we're going to see the Morty that was controlling the Rick that was killing the other Ricks in the council of Ricks episode.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 10 Dec 2016, 02:55

I finally watched the end of Westworld after being away the last week or so and managing to avoid spoilers. I thought it was a great finish that answered a lot of questions rather than finishing on a huge cliff hanger leaving most of it open as I'd worry they would do and excellent use of that Radiohead track. I noticed a discussion on a friend's FB feed where they were asking whether it was worth continuing with the series and most replied that it was overhyped and not worth watching. I think quite a lot of people were put off by the complexity of it and I'll admit I was having a bit of trouble following it but then I like that sort of thing and being able to read up on what people's theories are about where it's going.

I bought the soundtrack today as I was pleased to find it had the piano tracks as often with this sort of soundtrack they don't realise licensed music from another party, apparently it was Nolan's decision to have the current day music and also his choice of which tracks to include.

John
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 12 Dec 2016, 13:58

Finished Rick and Morty. What a series! Season 2 was even better than season 1, although nothing beats the meeseeks yet for comedy! But theres been some truelly stand out episodes in season 2. and they way they tie into season 1 events is great! Cant wait for season 3!

I loved westworld. The finale was superb! Really answered all the theories that were out there! And even left a nice few questions for series 2!

Im fact it was so good, i'm 2 episodes behind on humans now as its crap by comparison!
LUHG
Born 10/06/14
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Tappy » 12 Dec 2016, 19:41

I watched the series finale of Westworld last week and thought it was a very good ending. I haven't watched the film in years, but I think we've only witnessed the first act of it! So still plenty to play around with for future series.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 31 Dec 2016, 04:01

I noticed James May has a series on reassembling things to see how they work, apparently series 2 so I've missed a series clearly but thought this episode was good where he puts together an old Hornby/Triang model train:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -train-set

In a similar fashion to the How it's made TV series it's surprisingly interesting seeing all the little detail I'd never really thought much about on a model train.

I've also been watching Archer which is an animated comedy series which I see referenced a lot although I'm not sure how much I actually like it, it's quite good to have something on in the background while doing something else as I don't need to pay much attention to it. The series is based as a private spy agency which largely takes the piss out of the older James Bond style and is generally fairly odd.

John
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 09 Jan 2017, 10:08

finally got around to finishing the first half of season 7 of the walking dead. little slow to begin with (after the first episode) but starting to intrigue again. Not long till it's back at the end on Feb.

Also, Fortitude is back for season 2 at the end of Jan. Had forgotten about this but looking forward to seeing how it carries on from a good season 1, which was 2 years ago...
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 13 Feb 2017, 21:00

Stranger things. Enjoyed it.
LUHG
Born 10/06/14
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 16 Feb 2017, 17:43

First episode of season 7.5 of the walking dead. Ooo err! Not used this waiting a week malarkey!

Spoiler:
who could the familiar face be?! And I didn't see someone else appear in the car at the beginning until I read an article about the episode after watching it.

I'm intrigued anyway.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 17 Feb 2017, 03:55

I watched Luke Cage which I've been meaning to do for a while but kept putting it off until I could give it the attention it deserved. It was well worth the wait and I'd say it's been my favourite of the three series (between it, Daredevil and Jessica Jones) so far mainly due to a lot of great casting particularly Luke Cage. I like the quiet menace he has and his solid build makes his powers more convincing whereas Jessica Jones' super powers such as her super strength seemed a bit off. I also liked that it ties in more with Jessica Jones rather than Daredevil which seems to be kept oddly isolated apart from a token crossover. I'm not sure about the need for a series with them all together just a little more crossover with each other would be good.

Legion started last night on FX and has been getting great reviews, comic wise Legion is the son of Professor X and his super power is that he absorbs other personalities and their abilities which leave him suffering a fairly brutal multiple personality disorder. Got it saved on the Sky box so will need to give it a go.

I've been watching Attack on Titan which is a Japanese cartoon I've heard a lot about and always been curious to see. The basic concept is pretty well thought out with a fairly medieval humanity struggling to hold out against the 'Titans' (no, not https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/mars-pattern-warlord-titan-body) which appear to be large humans that want to eat the normal humans. They have a weakness that they die if cut along the back of the neck so the humans have developed a gas fed grapple system with a replaceable sword blade weapon to take on the titans. I've been curious to see where it will go but I find it a difficult watch as the animation style and the characters are all massively exaggerated to the point they're just insanely annoying and I don't feel remotely sorry for as the cartoon keeps trying to make me. I am curious to see how it develops but I suspect that curiousity is going to be quickly exhausted.

John
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 17 Feb 2017, 10:16

Scrolled back to see if I mentioned it previously, but seems I did not. Yes, Luke Cage has been my favourite so far as well.

I know what you mean about The Defenders. Whilst The Avengers has done well, and it's fun to see everyone together, The Winter Soldier with a Black Widow crossover is still my favourite of the films. You don't need an ensemble to make something great. A whole series of The Defenders seems a lot. But we shall see.

I've watched two episodes of that Legion now. I wouldn't know it was set in the X-men universe if I wasn't told.

Also watched the pilot of that 24: Legacy (also on Fox). I'll watch it again next week.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2

Return to “The Salmon Pond”