Anything goes here...
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

What TV series have you watched?

Postby Johnmcl7 » 30 Jun 2018, 00:11

The ghost nation episode was definitely the highlight for me as well
Spoiler:
I thought the actor was extremely good particularly when he finds his wife in cold storage and can't revive her it actually felt quite upsetting and made you forget these are just machines. I also liked that it filled in some of the blanks as I thought it was a bit annoying how the ghost nation hosts seemed immune to everything else but then it makes sense when you find they've become self aware already and the mazes that appeared in the first series weren't a coincidence after all.

Is that Luke Cage series 2? The first series is my favourite of the Marvel series but after Iron Fist, Defenders, Punisher and Jessica Jones series 2 all being disappointments I'm not rushing to the new Luke Cage.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

What TV series have you watched?

Postby Johnmcl7 » 14 Aug 2018, 01:14

Well finally watched the second series of Luke Cage and thought it was pretty poor, it starts off slow, never really builds up and then fizzles out at the end.

Spoiler:
I thought Mariah Stokes/Dillard was just awful and given how much she's in the series that's a real frustration. Her daughter spearheading an anti-science message was really poor with her promoting 'natural' medicines that can give people super powers and criticising GMO's plus the anti-vax message was loud and clear with Bushmaster's town supposedly been subject to lethal vaccinations.

The advantage of a TV series is they have much more time to develop the characters but this time they just didn't seem to know what they wanted to do as the 'anger' and daddy issues seemed out of place and by the end I was confused how the young guy in the barber shop felt betrayed by Cage after he'd told the main bad guys he couldn't be bought.

Oddly the cameo by the Iron Fist was actually quite good and hints perhaps the second season of that will be worth a go as Danny's more relaxed stance made him a lot less irritating than before. That said his appearance felt very token and it's a shame he wasn't in it for a bit longer when he was clearly needed, similarly no mention of Jessica Jones early on either when Cage was trying to find someone which would have been ideal for her. I kind of wish they hadn't bothered with the Defenders and instead spent a bit more effort having each of them cross over a bit more with each other.

Better Call Saul is back on although is week by week so no binge watching. After watching the first episode I'm keen to see the rest of the series.

Totally not based on Ras' recommendation I watched the first series of Final Space which was surprisingly good. When it started off I thought it was attempting to copy some of Rick and Morty as it's a fairly wacky sci-fi featuring Gary, a human who is trapped on a spaceship serving out a prison sentence but it quickly shows it has its own identity and some of the animation and audio is impressive.
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire

Return to “The Salmon Pond”