Dear Blog V XV - the blog strikes back

Anything goes here...
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 23 Oct 2016, 16:41

Dear blog,

Yeah, weirdly we mentioned our old breeder where we got Mui from, and she's got a really bad rep now. Sad to hear. But we're covering most of the south east for puppies! missed a lot of litters to be fair. But we're not in an uber rush. but xmas would be a dream if we could do it.
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 24 Oct 2016, 12:32

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the post Dear Blog,

Definitely worth the round trip, Alfie was an 8-9 hour round trip and we made it twice before going to pick him up on the third run.

John

Dear blog,
isn't that just a normal trip to the local shops in the North, North?

South Africa flight booked for Saturday Night. In Joberg office as of Monday.

Not sure if this is now Panic or Excitement.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 28 Oct 2016, 19:15

Dear blog

So after that weird cryptic call from Amazon, I got an email from TripAdvisor saying my recent reviews had 888 views. Very lucky number in Asia.. So just stuck 2 tickets on the lottery. Didn't realise they're £2.50 each now!

Sadly due to working a 10 hour day, not meeting Robin for a drink. So we really need to nail a weekend for drinks!

Also, on dog news, the dog had its puppies and there's 3 girls! So we can have a puppy by 27th Dec!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 03 Nov 2016, 02:58

Dear Blog,

With the weather getting decidedly colder and wetter it's clearly time to put the summer bike into hibernation and dust off the fatbike...oh:

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/news/ar ... all-48520/

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
Replicant
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Replicant » 03 Nov 2016, 14:35

Dear Blog

Is it about time we had a separate sport/cycling Topic?

Unless you are riding on snow I still do not understand 'fatbikes'.
Y.N.W.A.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 04 Nov 2016, 00:39

Dear blog,

Replicant wrote:Source of the postIs it about time we had a separate sport/cycling Topic?

We have a sports thread but that's been about watching pro sport. We also have a cycling thread of sorts but that was mainly about MAMILs.

I say new cycling thread! :tank:
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 04 Nov 2016, 03:14

Replicant wrote:Source of the post Dear Blog

Is it about time we had a separate sport/cycling Topic?

Dear Blog,

Quite simply, snow isn't the only time you need more traction - there's been heavy rain quite a bit this week and the trails are now muddy and slippery, a standard bike will struggle through the mud and the wet roots can be treacherous. The big low pressure tyres on the fat bike just float across the top of the mud rather than sinking in and the big contact patch gives them much more grip on slippery roots. The big tyres also work better than suspension at smoothing out rough trails, the rigid fatbike is more comfortable than the hardtail or full suspension bike on their medium suspension settings and when you go to pedal hard on the fat bike it just flies along as can easily carry speed on rough terrain and there's no suspension movement to soak up power. On strava the fat bike is faster than any of the others on natural trails both on the flat and uphill although the 29+ wins out on the downhill and on purpose built trails.

Like everything with mountain bikes, there's pluses and minuses - the fat bike isn't much use at trail centres and similar where it gains no benefit from the traction and the lack of agility and suspension hurts its speed on the fast downhill. Otherwise though while the fat bikes may look daft, they are surprisingly capable and aside from all that just a lot of fun to be able to ride quickly and easily through terrible conditions that bogs down normal bikes which will be the case now up here for the next few months.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 04 Nov 2016, 22:33

Dear Blog,

Dropped the fat bike off to the bike shop today and decided against going out for a ride on the plus bike as the weather has been terrible today, really heavy showers although after such a mild October I guess it's been pretty good up until now.

I've been trying not to get concerned about my mum's new e-bike which there's been no word on since payment went through but she got in touch with the company and they've now dispatched it so all looking good. My Mum has been buying accessories ready for the bike so it would be really annoying if this one didn't arrive as there's no other bargains like it on this model.

John
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 05 Nov 2016, 20:17

Dear Blog,

Done very little today! Woke up dazed at 9am wondering if i was still in lapland! Then went to get a hair cut and get some tasty baked treats from paul rhodes bakery in nottinghill. Then been entering competitions this afternoon. Really want to win something else! A trip to iceland would be nice! So heres a link to enter if you fancy a trip as well! bit.ly/1cLmjUp (yes that gets me an entry too)

otherwise been researching dog things for the arrival of the new puppy in 7 weeks. Beds, fences, training pads, etc. All the things you forget about when you used to have a mature dog!
LUHG
Born 10/06/14
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 06 Nov 2016, 23:11

Dear blog

One of these lucky ladies will be sharing xmas with us!

P1700080.jpg

The breeder just sent us this pic. We'll pop over in a few weeks to take a look!
LUHG
Born 10/06/14
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 07 Nov 2016, 10:58

Dear Blog,

EviL Ras wrote:Source of the post Dear blog

One of these lucky ladies will be sharing xmas with us!

The breeder just sent us this pic. We'll pop over in a few weeks to take a look!

Squeeeeeeee!

That is all.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
steffcip
1+1=1 ?!
1+1=1 ?!

Postby steffcip » 07 Nov 2016, 11:55

Dear Blog,

Busy weekend had to take care of my 4 kids alone from Fri AM up to this morning as Mrs went abroad for few days.
Also yesterday I had to learn a bit xcode and did a little app for the company, just an easy interface for a website we have with a database. Took 4-5 hours but I like what I did :) not sure if apple will accept it now in the app store (not submitted an application yet)
Any news about the TP meet? :)
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 07 Nov 2016, 11:58

Dropped the fat bike off to the bike shop today and decided against going out for a ride on the plus bike as the weather has been terrible today, really heavy showers although after such a mild October I guess it's been pretty good up until now.

John

Dear Blog,

I went out for a ride yesterday and tried out my new Gore vest/gilet (whatever you want to call it). I've always thought that gilet's were a bit naff but after yesterdays ride I am converted.
The beauty of living on the South coast is that I had brilliant blue skies although the wing was a bit sharp on the bare part of my legs.
Y.N.W.A.
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 07 Nov 2016, 12:57

Replicant wrote:Source of the post

John

Dear Blog,

I went out for a ride yesterday and tried out my new Gore vest/gilet (whatever you want to call it). I've always thought that gilet's were a bit naff but after yesterdays ride I am converted.
The beauty of living on the South coast is that I had brilliant blue skies although the wing was a bit sharp on the bare part of my legs.

dear blog,
lulz

Replicant

Postby Replicant » 07 Nov 2016, 14:46

Dear blog,

Epic response to a typo. Love it Matt
Y.N.W.A.

Return to “The Salmon Pond”