Dear Blog V XV - the blog strikes back

Anything goes here...
scarbunny
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby scarbunny » 10 Jan 2017, 15:26

Dear Blog

Yep, it worked out about £100 a month cheaper to go through the leasing company for a much higher spec car, built to order to my requirements rather than a fixed spec, so seemed silly to buy direct. True I end up with nothing in 4 years rather than having some equity in the vehicle, but I could always put the saving to one side and have a deposit of nearly £5,000 for the next one (I won't do this).

The only problem being I have to deal with a third party and they seem really bad at communication, and I have to trust them not to mess up my order.
iwt
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Postby iwt » 10 Jan 2017, 21:17

Dear Blog,

Yeah that makes sense. We bought the mini from the dealer in Mayfair, which is owned by Mini, great experience. Quite fun collecting it because there's a whole underground car park thing. Communication was beyond amazing + made to feel very special. My car came from local dealer who were rubbish, we knew that they would be, but they had a build slot that suited and were very aggressive on price. Only knew the car was with them because I chased and they were like "oh yeah it's here now".
Macbook
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 10 Jan 2017, 23:08

dear blog,
just back from watching oxford smash scunthorpe 4-1. I knew I probably should have boycotted but at £10 a ticket and the first time I've actually seen them win at home, it's happy days!

In other news, looking likely I'm off to Spa GP this year as a mate has sorted a house for the weekend so only need to find ferry and ticket price - cashback!
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 10 Jan 2017, 23:19

Dear Blog,

I'm really kicking myself for not going to Spa last year for the six hour race now that Audi have pulled out so I've missed my chance, I am off for the six hour race and the Blancpain 24 race so I'm thinking I need to just stomach the costs and go for it as I've always been keen to see Spa. I also noticed the Nurburgring 24 pedal bike race is when I'm off, the organisational side of that scares me a bit but I'm thinking I should maybe see if I can find a relaxed team doing it that I could join in with. I finished all my big cycling challenges last year so I'm trying to think what to go for this year, it's good in a way but I'm frustrated my cycling this winter has been poor.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 24 Jan 2017, 22:27

Dear Blog,

My car isn't sounding healthy at all. Really gravelly when accelerating and whiny when off power to brake. Sounds a bit like when in Top Gear/Grand Tour they go on a road trip with cheap cars and then one starts playing up... :(
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 25 Jan 2017, 10:44

Dear blog,
UPGRADE TIME!
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 25 Jan 2017, 11:42

Dear blog

Come on, you know you want to!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 26 Jan 2017, 15:01

Dear Blog,

I've found the perfect mountain bike brand for Ras:

http://forums.mtbr.com/evil-bikes/somet ... 30140.html

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 03 Feb 2017, 11:55

Dear Blog,

Word up. That's all.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 05 Feb 2017, 03:11

Dear Blog,

How's the car going Robbo?

I've just had mine serviced and MOT'd, I thought I'd damaged the rear wheel when I put it back on the other week but turns out it's needing new discs and pads at the back. It's never good to get a call just after dropping the car off but not too bad when it's just a wear and tear item although even then that all set me back £400.

John
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 06 Feb 2017, 13:35

Dear Blog,

Car isn't great. The gearbox wearing out - bearings inside along with getting stuck in reverse and maybe the clutch going and handbrake needing tightening. Local garage said not worth repairing the gearbox - just keep going with it until it gets really loud or you can't live with the noise. Have had a little look online and there are places that sell and fit refurbs or secondhand gearboxes for £500. Questions are "how long will I keep the car for and is it worth it?" and "how long will a secondhand gearbox last?" though.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 04 Mar 2017, 18:21

Dear Blog,

So, go to gig, get phone stolen out of my pocket, ring up automated service to get it cancelled & blocked, ring up 101 to report it, go to town the next day to get a replacement sim, pay £5 for new sim, ring up to activate and use old number, it working within an hour.

Transferring numbers and activating sims is a lot quicker than the couple of days or so it used to take. Annoying that I got my phone stolen but quite a straightforward process to get reconnected.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 10 Apr 2017, 00:50

Dear Blog,

A lady came into work wanting advice on choosing a replacement laptop for her son as the current one was broken which had been diagnosed as a dead hard drive. I explained hard drives are a common failure and usually easy to replace so I'd have a look although when I was handed the laptop the reason for the hard drive failure became clearer with a noticeably buckled LCD frame and a crack above the keyboard as well. The original drive wasn't reading so I chucked a spare in and loaded Windows 8.1 on (they wanted that back on) but no license found which I realised was because my build stick was 8.1 pro. I rebuilt it as Windows 8.1 but it still wasn't finding a license either so installed some tools to check what W8 license was in the bios but none there. I mucked about upgrading the bios, disabled secure boot etc. but no luck so I rebuilt my build stick as a Dell W7 one, installed Windows 7 which activated then rebuilt the build stick again as Windows 10 which went through fine as well.

On the slight plus side just as I was about to get started with data recovery the person mailed me back to say they weren't needing any files so that's saved some hassle.

John
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 18 Apr 2017, 11:48

Dear blog,
brexlection?
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 18 Apr 2017, 14:30

matt wrote:Source of the post Dear blog,
brexlection?

Dear Blog,

Here comes 7 weeks of pure bollocks and lies from every politician in the UK.

Irrespective of their stance on Brexit I suspect idiots will still vote tory because they aren't Labour and vice versa. :(
Y.N.W.A.

Return to “The Salmon Pond”