Game of Thrones thread

Anything goes here...
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 Jun 2016, 23:01

Tappy wrote:Source of the post Thanks John, that was useful!

Also the compare the look of the character from the series to the book was good: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/04/0 ... they-look/ (Spoilers in there unless you've started Series 6-ish).

In general they seem to have done a pretty impressive job of it and most of the deviations are to make the cast prettier and older which are understandable. The curious choices seem to be with the starks which don't seem to show their Tully side as much as they do in the books.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Game of Thrones thread

Postby EviL Ras » 03 Jun 2016, 23:45

Spoiler:
His last words. Too sad!!

LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Tappy » 07 Jun 2016, 12:55

S6EP07

Spoiler:
Well, The Hound, he ain't dead. We've gone from killing off all the characters to bringing them back from the dead! Likewise, does anyone think that Arya will die? Somehow, despite the recent slew of deaths, I have an expectation now that the well loved characters will survive.

Also, Bronn! Yey!
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 08 Jun 2016, 16:30

Tappy

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Tappy » 15 Jun 2016, 12:19

S6E08

Spoiler:
Sometimes the most obvious conclusion is the correct one. Arya is just a numpty that forgot all her training and was living it large and that's why she got stabbed. The whole stab to the stomach and then leaping, running, fighting thing was a bit of a stretch for me. But otherwise I liked the Jaime stuff, the Cersei stuff, the Varys stuff, the... well, that's about it, isn't it?

The trailer for next week seemed to look very exciting yet showed nothing. There's a battle. That's all we know!
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 15 Jun 2016, 21:59

Spoiler:
I was disappointed with the Arya conclusion particularly as the various theories did make some sense in that it was strange the way she was behaving and seemed to invite the attack and be entirely unprepared for it. I still thought there was more to it when Arya started running after that serious stomach injury as it seemed more likely she had somehow faked the stomach injury but it seems Arya was being very careless and healed impossibly fast from a fatal stabbing. The slight nod from Jaghen seemed to imply this was perhaps the outcome he had expected in that Arya was trained as a skilled assassin and the Waif had been killed, she didn't really seem to be a girl of no name as she lacked the emotional detachment expected of her. Even then though the way Arya has been it doesn't really feel like she's learnt anything or improved much after all the time spent in the house of black and white.

The Blackfish's demise seemed poorly written as well as I didn't find it believable that the army would surrender everything to Edmure purely because of his title, although rankings are strong there's plenty of back stabbing and loyalty changes. I could see it the other way round if Edmure had been in command and the Blackfish wanting in but why would they listen to someone who's been a prisoner of the Freys and Lannisters for quite some time over a proven military commander like the Blackfish? It was disappointing he chose to die as well as his skills are clearly needed for Jon Snow and Sansa, I thought he'd want the chance to get his revenge later.

On the plus side though, I thought the Hound's scenes were great even though on paper they sounded daft instead they were done well and the debating over who kills what was particularly amusing particularly when the gruff Hound mentioned he'd have killed all of them with the reply being he must be getting old then.

It's good to see Bronn back as well with his usual honest approach although something I was wondering was last week he complained he hadn't got his castle and lovely wife but I thought he had, Jaime had visited him when he needed him last. I can't quite remember what happened there though, was his wife annoying him?

https://imgur.com/gallery/me4D1sT

That's probably a fair summary of Game of Thrones in general.

We finally got the long awaited 'I choose violence' scene which I thought was played extremely well as the faith militant sized up against the zombie mountain with a real feel of tension as to what was going to happen. It doesn't seem a surprise when your main opponent has such muscle by her side that trial by combat would be scrapped but the big question is what was the rumour? The suggestions so far seem to be wildfire and that Xersei wants to burn the whole place down which isn't hard to believe.

There's also the question of who Varys was visiting and certainly Littlefinger seems a good possibility there.

The next week looks like Jon Snow and Ramsay are going head to head although I'm hoping it doesn't get rushed as the Jon Snow/Sansa side has been building up rather nicely and I don't want it just to be over.
Tappy

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Tappy » 16 Jun 2016, 10:16

More S6E08

Spoiler:
Yeah, I didn't really consider the Edmure thing at the time. I think they needed to show more of him resisting the Freys and that surrendering a castle is just not something that he would do lightly. Then again, he's married to a Frey, perhaps his army are wondering why they are at war with the Freys and therefore such a command would make sense. But the Freys did threaten to kill him last week. I dunno...

It seemed to be a week of not seeing any big character's death. The Waif was all in the dark and Blackfish was all around a corner. And to think, a few weeks ago I didn't know the names of these guys.

Also, seems like Sansa wrote the letter from last week to Blackfish and not Littlefinger? Or did she send that by carrier pigeon? I forget.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Jun 2016, 14:46

Season 6, episode nine spoilers:

Spoiler:
After all the waiting, we're finally at episode nine and wow that was impressively well shot:

http://imgur.com/gallery/Z3VjtjI

I was wondering if we'd be done out of a battle after what happened with the Blackfish but most definitely not, it was just brutal as Jon Snow worked his way through the enemies getting increasingly disorientated then when he was suffocating I genuinely felt short of breath. Being saved by the Vale was a bit odd though as it seemed the sort of cheap tactic others would rely on and it made the rest of the battle a bit off as well, clearly waiting a short amount of time wouldn't have made much difference - Sansa correctly called it that Richon was a dead man. I was expecting something smarter when Sansa had commented that she knew Ramsay and when Snow's armour was surrounded I was expecting the same in return..still that was a fantastic shot as the Vale knights came in and demolished the Phalanx.

That said I was pretty sure Ramsay was going to make it but that was a great finish to have the giant charge the door then the one on one finish with the arrows was nicely done. Possibly the biggest shock though was that smile from Sansa as she walked away from Ramsay being brutally killed, I thought they were going to keep him alive to watch him have everything taken from him given all the games he played.

Also Iwan Rheon deserves a lot of credit for being such a creepy, evil Ramsay Bolton to the degree it's hard to think he's actually quite a nice guy - he seems entirely different when you see him in real life although in fairness, most of the cast is superb.

I didn't realise the significance at the time but the stag the Davos picked out of the snow was Shireen's stag and it's where she was burnt so there's possibly further repercussions there.

Dani's storyline was a bit too predictable again and generally had enough of her as her storyline just doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I liked the Tyrion was trying a more moderate approach which seemed reasonable but then that ends in flames. The scene between Dani and Yara was particularly good although I can't help feel that Yara won't hold her side of the bargain as the men won't support her once they know what she's agreed but then perhaps Dani just doesn't care, she needs the boats and Yara wants shot of Euron.

John
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Game of Thrones thread

Postby EviL Ras » 22 Jun 2016, 10:39

Spoiler:

How they filmed the SnowBowl

Episode 10 trailer
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 28 Jun 2016, 00:40

Season 6 Episode 10 Spoilers:

Spoiler:

Game of Thrones can be a little frustrating at times as the pace can be slow particularly when it's struggling to balance many different storylines, characters and settings however you always know it's going to worth it as always delivers, even now into the sixth series and many twists and shocking scenes the fact it keeps going on is just incredible.

I was driving down to Edinburgh and back so was looking for some music and noticed that season 6 Game of Thrones was for sale so grabbed that and the track Light of the Seven immediately grabbed my attention with its quiet and chilling piano although I didn't recognise it until tonight with that fantastic introduction. The discussion on the 'rumours' Qyberg had mentioned to Cersei were thought to be Wildfire and that Cersei was planning to blow the whole place up...people guessed it right yet it was no less shocking to see, particularly blowing away the Tyrells so we may not ever know what Margaery was planning. After that it just never stopped or slowed down with poor Tomlin quietly killing himself looking at the burning Septum then leading to the biggest shock of all despite it also being guessed correctly that Jon Snow is in fact a royal.
Tappy

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Tappy » 28 Jun 2016, 09:39

S6E10
Spoiler:
Oh my, how do you top S6E09, well, you make S6E10, of course!

So much happened! I really liked the music too, stood out in that opening scene and almost distracted you as to its purpose and then, at the climax of the scene, it fitted perfectly such that the music was somewhat of a knell.

I also liked the fast travel, which GoT hasn't used much, but when it does it does a good job to show the passage of time.

Also nice to see Arya using her skills. Wonder where she got that face from? A dying girl? A murdered girl?
scarbunny

Game of Thrones thread

Postby scarbunny » 28 Jun 2016, 11:47

Spoiler:
Hated the music in the first 10 minutes, found it intrusive and over bearing.

Everything else was pretty good though. Wondering if the whole a girl has no name thing was a test all along and she is now a faceless (wo)man?

Does this make Cersei the Mad Queen? If Aerys II Targaryen was the Mad King for wanting to burn the city with dragon fire what does it make some one who actually does it?

Lyanna Mormont is officially awesome.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Game of Thrones thread

Postby EviL Ras » 28 Jun 2016, 13:08

Spoiler:
You just know that this:

Will forever be replaced by this:

LUHG
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 28 Jun 2016, 16:23

Spoiler:
I didn't expect Arya there as I was sure it was something Jamie had organised but it makes more sense that it was Arya all along. What are the faceless men exactly, there's a lot of references to their god but they seem to be little more than mercenaries? In which case her bumping off whoever she feels like may annoy them somewhat but on the other hand she's likely doing 'good' for Westeros.
matt
Cake
Cake

Game of Thrones thread

Postby matt » 12 Jul 2016, 14:37

Spoiler:
watched epsiode 9 and 10 back to back

EPIC!

interested in little finger now he's officially out -> is he going to bump off john snow or turn sansa on him?
Fire priest old lady heading down south, does she know more than she is letting on? Why so quiet...
Jamie going to be pi555ed at sis for making the prophecy come true?
north / west / south duke it out then winner takes on the walkers?
arya - faceless woman, can't see her being alive til the end
ginger beardy man - must be on the hit list next season?
music - awesome
dragons - awesome

Return to “The Salmon Pond”