http://www.thegotparty.com

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
robbo
100th member
100th member

Game of Thrones thread

Postby robbo » 19 Aug 2016, 22:47

Still avoiding this thread. Had my hand up against the screen in case there was anything on show but luckily you guys have spoilered everything (on page 8 anyhow!). I'll get reading through it one day....
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 20 Aug 2016, 00:25

Yeah, we're still waiting for the day you're caught up and we don't need to keep using spoiler tags ;)

John
matt
Cake
Cake

Game of Thrones thread

Postby matt » 21 Aug 2016, 08:05

Spoiler:
robbo, stop reading this spoiler you fool
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Tappy » 23 Aug 2016, 09:32

Well, I'm less nice, so.... Hamilton won the last race! Haha! Spoiled it! In your face!

Wait, which thread are we in again?
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
matt
Cake
Cake

Game of Thrones thread

Postby matt » 23 Aug 2016, 12:10

Tappy wrote:Source of the post Well, I'm less nice, so.... Hamilton won the last race! Haha! Spoiled it! In your face!

Wait, which thread are we in again?

what have you eaten thread?
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 18 Jul 2017, 13:03

And we're back!

Spoiler:
Ugh, how did Ed Sheeran not get skewered by Needle?
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Game of Thrones thread

Postby EviL Ras » 18 Jul 2017, 14:06

Yes we are!

Spoiler:
What was the point of ed? "oh, its a new song....". I dont get why she met that band of guys anyway. Nice opening to the season tho!

The Sam montage was funny. But a bit random nicking a single book and suddenly finding out about white walkers.

The mountain was good. nice little storyline there.
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
matt
Cake
Cake

Game of Thrones thread

Postby matt » 18 Jul 2017, 18:40

Spoiler:
loving the set up of the two war maps for dragon lady vs cersei. Winner gets to take on the north?
Aria is the new ramsey - everyone is going to pay with a painful death?
Sansa has had the perfect scholarship on how to dual over people from cersei so is she going to do over little finger and John snow at the same time? Three way fight for queen?

the singing bandits - is that a set up for next episode. They get her blotto and try to have some fun, but actually, she kills them all in some horrific needling? I like a bit of sheeran but he deserves a poke or two after that effort.

The hound - he's seen the light and now more reflective on the "old" ways after burying his dead, what will he see next?

not many oh dear moments but nicely building thinking back on the episode :)
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 19 Jul 2017, 01:37

Spoiler:
The singing soldiers I think were simply a heavy handed attempt to show that wars aren't just black and white but varying shades of grey with soldiers like that relatively innocent of some of the bigger crimes those in charge are responsible for. I might be wrong but I'd be surprised if we see them again particularly with the Ed Sheeran cameo.

I don't think Arya is anything like Ramsey as he took pleasure in torturing his victims while Arya has done so relatively quickly and efficiently, even when murdering all the Freys she spared all the daughters although cooking the brothers into a pie was pretty brutal admittedly. I also wonder if there will be any repercussions from the faceless men or whatever they're called for her murder rampage.

I think Sam had been carefully eyeing up the books to choose the right one to 'borrow', nice cameo from Jim Broadbent there.

It was a good moment for the Hound and I liked the way the brothers without banners just accepted him and his grumpiness as is without really making any effort to convert him and instead let him find his way himself. In case anyone else was wondering, the dead people they found in the house were the ones he screwed over back in season four although I can't remember it myself. The whole lord of light thing seems a bit puzzling as well as from what we've seen he's a pretty nasty piece of work but yet he seems the natural response to the White Walkers.

I'm not sure what Sansa's longterm plan is but Jon clearly needs to listen to her more, she was saying he's a good ruler but he's too much like Ned Stark and that just doesn't work in Game of Thrones which Sansa is clearly a lot more aware of. It's perhaps naive but I can't see him having any issue with Daenerys if she leaves Winterfell to the Starks again particularly since Jon is her nephew.
Replicant

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Replicant » 19 Jul 2017, 06:06

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the post Yeah, we're still waiting for the day you're caught up and we don't need to keep using spoiler tags ;)

John

I have yet to watch a single episode
Y.N.W.A.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 19 Jul 2017, 23:27

Replicant wrote:Source of the post
Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the post Yeah, we're still waiting for the day you're caught up and we don't need to keep using spoiler tags ;)

John

I have yet to watch a single episode

Spoiler:
:slap:

and:

Spoiler:
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
Replicant

Game of Thrones thread

Postby Replicant » 20 Jul 2017, 10:31

I cannot commit to this its a ridiculous amount of time to waste when I could be out on my bike/motorbike.

Rather fed up of overlong American TV shows where the stories get more ridiculous as each series goes on. This is why I wont watch Lost or The Walking Dead either. CBA

:tank: on your :uni:
Y.N.W.A.
scarbunny

Game of Thrones thread

Postby scarbunny » 20 Jul 2017, 12:58

That's one of the good things about Game of Thrones, or at least it is if you keep up, its only 10 episodes a series rather than 20 something, and I think this series is only 8 and the final 6 or 7? so not a huge time commitment.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Game of Thrones thread

Postby EviL Ras » 20 Jul 2017, 12:59

TL:DR Replicant, is a grumpy old man who misses out the cool things when they happen, but CBA catching up!

spoiler tags for all!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14

Return to “The Salmon Pond”