Techpond "Lego Minifigures" thread (we're not sad..)

Anything goes here...
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 06 Jun 2017, 13:09

Tappy wrote:Source of the post Hehe, I love a Lego story! I haven't done one in yonks!

Yeah, I have the A, B, X and Y Wings all assembled. And the Z95 Headhunter, just cos!

Need a pictue of the B-wing :)

The new Y-wing looks great, they have one on display at Smyths here. I've got the A-wing and Z-95 built (nice model for the latter) but the X-wings and TIE Fighter remain in their boxes...sure I've got a few prequel fighters I picked up and yet to build.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Tappy » 07 Jun 2017, 10:03

I found some pics on the phone but they have personal info on, so I'll try to remember to take more.

It's the non UCS ones that I have. Prefer those. More toys for playing with and going 'pewpew'... :shock:
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 07 Jun 2017, 19:10

Ah, I hadn't realised there was a non-UCS B-wing. I was initially disappointed I didn't buy the UCS Tydirium but this one is a better size and still looks good with reasonable complexity - found a picture of them here:

http://imgur.com/ruphK4J

I have been busy with buying up some lego series 16 figures as they're half price in Argos but not done at all well which is frustrating given how many cool ones there are. I started off with a pair of banana men which is fine as I like them but now have five, also have four hikers, three emo guys, three ice queens, two boxers, two ninjas but I did get the spy at least!

Also I have a Scottish Batman who is absolutely awesome:

Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 08 Jun 2017, 09:46

Oh, wow! That's really cool.

A friend picked up some of the Lego Batman minifigure blindpacks for me. they have some comical batmans in them. I have one in a tutu!

I recently picked up Series 14 and 15 of the minifigures. I'll grab 16 later this month after payday - and assuming someone has them for a reasonable price on eBay. They used to get really expensive after the series had stopped being sold, but I think people have cottoned on to the big supermarket discounts so can pick them up for low prices and still sell them on at a profit.
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 08 Jun 2017, 15:10

I have two cave batmen and the rock batman, I bought them in the Tesco 3 for 2 but then the offer was discontinued before I could buy any more.

I'm with you on buying all the minifigures as it's usually a reasonable price, pretty much the same as it is per figure whereas if you just buy the figures you want they're often six, seven pounds each which seems a ridiculous amount. On the other hand, I have way too many minifigures these days and the large groups of hikers and banana men were causing problems with my phone cable when on a call this afternoon.

John
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 09 Jun 2017, 10:23

Johnmcl7 wrote: and the large groups of hikers and banana men were causing problems with my phone cable when on a call this afternoon.

John

:lol:
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 09 Jun 2017, 15:35

robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 13 Jun 2017, 00:55

Mine and Steff's versions were defo better.

tmp-cam--597566923.jpg
Mine

tmp-cam--1734483166.jpg
Steff
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 29 Jun 2017, 23:53

What does Steff's one even say?!

I bought a Guardians of the Galaxy set today (76080) which I'd been tempted by the other day but noticed another fiver knocked off it, I noticed it when going round Tescos while entertaining my friend's toddlers. They decided they wanted to build the set which I thought there wasn't much chance with but one of them had surprisingly good delicate control and getting the pieces together. It's been a moment I've been looking to for a long time as I like the Lego anyway and while it needed a bit of patience it was great seeing their enjoyment in building the lego.

John
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 09 Aug 2017, 16:42

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the post What does Steff's one even say?!

I'm not sure but was it a John - Jahn - Zahn merging?
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 18 Aug 2017, 22:23

Got 2 minifigs today. The rocket guy, and the 16th black robber one.
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14

Return to “The Salmon Pond”