Dear Blog V12

Anything goes here...
matt
Cake
Cake

Re: Dear Blog V12

Postby matt » 16 Jul 2010, 20:42

dear blog,
my friend got a boardman on the bike for work scheme and it is lully. Super slick.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 16 Jul 2010, 20:59

Replicant wrote:Dear blog

The annoying thing is that Apple tried to treat its customers like idiots with ridiculous excuses and they just let them do it. If this was Microsoft there would have been 10 times more uproar about the 'evil empire'!

Dear Blog,

Apple aren't stupid as they know they can get away with it, not only will many users accept it but even some tech sites have backed Apple up over the issue and on BBC this evening they had their 'tech' expert justifying Apple's lack of response and praising them for their speed in providing a solution.

I didn't realise Carrera were a Halfords brand, I guess I associate the name with decent slot cars. I have toyed with the idea of getting a decent road bike for sprinting back and forth to work on but no idea where to start.

John
Leviathan - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz ram, Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB, 2TB SSD/44TB HDD, BD-ROM, Dell U2711/HTC Vive
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 16 Jul 2010, 23:11

Dear blog,

40 min on the cycle machine. knackered now!

Aye john, we're only just learning about bikes now! looks like hybrid is the way to go!
LUHG
Drogon - Razer Blade 15 Advanced. 15.6" 1080p 144hz, i7 8750H 2.2 (4.1ghz turbo), 16gb DDR4 2666mhz, 8GB Nvidia GTX 1070 Max-Q, 1Tb 970 evo SSD
Born 28/11/2018
FatIan
Enjoying the cake
Enjoying the cake

Postby FatIan » 17 Jul 2010, 11:21

Dear Blog,

I think the state of the roads round where you live will dictate what type of bike you ride. I like the idea of a hybrid but they use far to thinner tyres almost back to racing tyres I used to ride. One or two pot holes and they'll be buckled to kingdom come. Plus you have to run them extremly hard. 80-100 psi.

If I was buying a new bike I'd still go for one like I ride now, a Mountain bike with front only suspension, suspension seat post and nice fat bump absorbing tyres. Think it is a GT Karakoram, had it for about 15+ years now.
Rock X770, T9300, 8800m, 500GB 7200rpm, TV tuner, WUXGA, Silver Trim, external LG blu-ray writer

Home built rig- Obsidian 800D, i7 980x OC@4.21Ghz, Zotac 480GTXs in sli, 128GB SSD 6gbs, 1TB WD Black 6gbs, Blu-ray rw, 3D Vision Kit and Monitor THX SS
mrtoddie
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby mrtoddie » 17 Jul 2010, 12:54

Dear Blog,

Don't forget with your thinner tyres the white lines on your roads even when a little bit wet are deadly...

In other news I have a week left at Hyrbid:arts, fingers crossed a start with a new lady (although that's complicated already lol) arrgh women :P, I played my first gig on thursday night to err well less than 10 people lol but apparently i sounded ok... i think they were all lying...

Its looking more likely that I will go self employed was looking at doing a joint venture but I'm now not sure that at least one of the people I was going to work with is going to actually be good to work with or not.. again... grrr women..

but yeah dandy is the word.

Hybrid:arts has changed my perspective on things, defo more musically inclined now, looking to start a band or at least get into the open mic events in leamington.. (which i didnt know even existed!)

Also working on some more Fruity tracks... going to get some guitar recording on the go aswell..

all in all im going to busy with all aspects, love, work, play.

Lets get it the dual on.
Yeah!
Advocate

Postby Advocate » 17 Jul 2010, 15:27

dear blog,

Matt thanks for the link - some interesting options there... will have a proper view of it from work ;)

Desire or galaxy s are probably the closest android handsets to the iphone 4 at the moment. The dell streak is awesome as well but is fekkin huge. You can however get some cheap (ish) android handsets for approx 100 notes saving yet more cash for the next shiny version of the iphone in 6 months
Fodder

Postby Fodder » 17 Jul 2010, 17:12

Dear Blog.

I second the Desire as a Iphone 4 replacement.

Ras and John, look at Trek and Gary Fisher. They are both very very nice rides, with the Fishers having a tad more character to them.

As an alternative to a hybrid and you don't mind spending a tiny bit more, have a look at what are known as 29'ers. I have one, it is awsomeness on two wheels, it will make you a mountain bike god even if you fall off on the slow, straight flat bits. Rides as well as a hybrid on the road, but my word the speed you can get up off road is ring clenching.
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 18 Jul 2010, 08:22

dear blog

classic line on the IT Crowd last night

" But its an iPhone Jen. I may be able to get an iphone without giving any money to Apple. I'llbe living the dream!"
Y.N.W.A.
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 18 Jul 2010, 11:26

dear blog,
cheap cocktails, massive hangover. Fingers crossed butter n toast + orange juice pulls me through or it is going to be a long day!
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 18 Jul 2010, 12:44

Dear Blog,

At the moment I walk to work, drive home in the afternoon, walk Alfie, drive back to work then walk home in the evening. As I only have half an hour to get home walk Alfie and get back again that means walking home is out but I don't like using the car for the frequent short trips. So I've been considering getting a bike that would be quick and smooth on the road as I need to get home quickly, then run round Alfie's walk then get back to work quickly with enough energy left for another seven hours of work as this is during a 12 hour shift. I do have a fairly lightweight mountain bike at the moment but it's got mountain bike tyres, I have been thinking of looking into just getting new slick tyres instead.

John
Leviathan - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz ram, Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB, 2TB SSD/44TB HDD, BD-ROM, Dell U2711/HTC Vive
mrtoddie

Postby mrtoddie » 18 Jul 2010, 15:46

Dear Blog,

Ok a little less dandy.
Yeah!
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 18 Jul 2010, 17:17

Dear toddie.

pimms o'clock over there is it?!
LUHG
Drogon - Razer Blade 15 Advanced. 15.6" 1080p 144hz, i7 8750H 2.2 (4.1ghz turbo), 16gb DDR4 2666mhz, 8GB Nvidia GTX 1070 Max-Q, 1Tb 970 evo SSD
Born 28/11/2018
UKIan

Postby UKIan » 18 Jul 2010, 21:20

Johnmcl7 wrote:Dear Blog,
I do have a fairly lightweight mountain bike at the moment but it's got mountain bike tyres, I have been thinking of looking into just getting new slick tyres instead.

John

Dearest Blog,

That's what I had when I used to cycle to work a few years ago. A mountain bike, albeit a light and fast one, and I replaced the tyres with puncture proof semi slicks. It worked well.

Going back even further I used to use a racer which was very quick and very light. I didn't have any issues with tyres or grip, even in the rain, I did get the odd buckle, but that was a two minute job to straighten.

I'm sort of in the market for a new racer/road bike. When I was young racers were all the rage and you could pick one up fairly cheaply. Then they fell out of fashion and it was over a grand for an entry level model and now they seem to be coming back again so I might look at a relatively cheap on.

Oh, I've got a hybrid at the moment. It's a good bike, but not doesn't feel quite right, I think it's the upright stance which makes me feel very top heavy.
FatIan
Enjoying the cake
Enjoying the cake

Postby FatIan » 18 Jul 2010, 22:46

Dear Blog,

Finally moved in today, yay! Stuff everywhere though, lots of work ahead sorting things out. Glad to finally be here after the long slog of decorating.
Rock X770, T9300, 8800m, 500GB 7200rpm, TV tuner, WUXGA, Silver Trim, external LG blu-ray writer

Home built rig- Obsidian 800D, i7 980x OC@4.21Ghz, Zotac 480GTXs in sli, 128GB SSD 6gbs, 1TB WD Black 6gbs, Blu-ray rw, 3D Vision Kit and Monitor THX SS
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 19 Jul 2010, 07:49

Dear Blog,

Tods - Congrats on the first gig! What were you doing? An open mic night by the sounds of things? I've been thinking of joining a band locally but not got the time at the moment. My mate suggested this website where he's tried a few people out from http://www.joinmyband.co.uk/

FatIan - Congrats to you also on finally moving in!

Went to a couple of nice pubs yesterday. Used the Pizza Express voucher deal on Sat and then a pub burger and chips dinner yerterday. Coupled with a few ciders, need to go to the gym now!

Return to “The Salmon Pond”