techpond fitness thread!

Anything goes here...
Advocate
Master of the Salmon Slap

Re: techpond fitness thread!

Postby Advocate » 22 Feb 2010, 14:15

Fodder thats a bit light isn't it? how tall are you?

I'm 6ft and weigh in at 90kg
Fodder

Postby Fodder » 22 Feb 2010, 16:26

5ft 10inches ish. BMI is about 24 ish I think. I'm not a heavy build, although I do have a chest and shoulders unlike some whippets you see (thankyou daily swimming training as a kid).

If I could be bothered to train as I used to and pile the creatine in then I would probably be nearer the 80+ kilo mark. My legs are woefully skinny compared to former days, but should be getting out on the bike more soon so will be bulking them up a bit.
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 22 Feb 2010, 17:20

I'm 5' 9"ish and weigh about 70kg/11 stone which is about perfect for my height. Looked at an SAS guide book a while back and was actually in the 'heavier' half on their chart for height to weight ratio...
mrtoddie

Postby mrtoddie » 22 Feb 2010, 22:57

6ft 1 and 98 kilos...

fatty??
Yeah!
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 22 Feb 2010, 23:11

Here's the graph from the food standards agency...

http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/bigim ... 8jun09.jpg
Advocate

Postby Advocate » 22 Feb 2010, 23:25

ooh apparently I'm overweight... I wouldnt mind putting on another stone though.... as long as it was only in muscle as the people that fight in the hyper-weight category in TKD are generally slower than me :P

I somehow don't think that graph takes into account more athletic builds...

To be honest unless you have some reason for being a specific weight (like a fighting class) you should allow you body to default to whatever it likes best, as long as you eat fairly well and exercise regularly(ish) it should work out well - for the 8 years in the middle of my life where I didn't really do much sport other than cycling I just stayed between 10-12 stone, I only went up to 14 when I started doing martial arts again... and that is without supplementing my diet, except for pizza... love the pizza... if I start with the gym again to get fight fit I may start back on the creatine and protein shakes but I havent done those since I gave up playing Rugby - they took me up to a slightly pudgy 15.5 stone... unless I can keep it lean I think it looks a bit odd on me so need the daily exercise if I am to go back on those.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 23 Feb 2010, 00:13

Agree with you there advocate - that the graph doesn't take into account athletic builds. Bit like bmi readings that at times need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

A good general guide though.
mrtoddie

Postby mrtoddie » 23 Feb 2010, 01:30

blech lol

well i am eating less but no more running for now cus there is still snow and crap around... aint gonna do it unless the weather is nice cus i just wont otherwise.
Yeah!
Fodder

Postby Fodder » 25 Feb 2010, 11:43

Tuesday was an interesting food day.

Meusli and banana for breaky no.1, bacon roll for breaky no.2, some biccies and chocs in the morning. Chicken donna for lunch, fish and chips for dinner followed by sticky toffee pudding and some more choccies.

This diet thing is great.
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 25 Feb 2010, 16:36

Haha a nice sliding scale there Fodder! Sliding down scale... Or even up! :D
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 25 Feb 2010, 23:10

Inside of my right knee has started hurting today, top of tibia. (Looking it up, the mcl ligament?) Not sure what I've done except spend too long at a desk where I can't straighten my legs properly. Icing it at the mo and don't think it's too serious.
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 26 Feb 2010, 00:30

hit the gin tonight. My favourite workout.
mrtoddie

Postby mrtoddie » 26 Feb 2010, 19:48

robbo wrote:Inside of my right knee has started hurting today, top of tibia. (Looking it up, the mcl ligament?) Not sure what I've done except spend too long at a desk where I can't straighten my legs properly. Icing it at the mo and don't think it's too serious.

no idea about the specific ligament, but yeh sounds about right with ur leg space and desk...

just get up and move more..

I ruined my knees doing athletics when i was a real youngin clicky click when i stand up!

I tell you what tho i feel thinner even if im not any lighter... my trousers are a bit more baggy round my gut...

but still..... Kebab tonight :P
Yeah!
Advocate

Postby Advocate » 26 Feb 2010, 20:32

I am on the extreme weight loss diet...

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5l9gm4ymLw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5l9gm4ymLw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

added to that vomiting... nice and dehydrated today
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 27 Feb 2010, 02:55

Not good Advocate, hope you're feeling better soon.

According to the chart I'm a bit underweight but I don't think that's an issue, I have been trying to put some weight on which was working over winter but Alfie's requirement for energetic exercise has quickly reversed that.

John
Leviathan - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz ram, Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB, 2TB SSD/44TB HDD, BD-ROM, Dell U2711/HTC Vive

Return to “The Salmon Pond”