What TV series have you watched?

Anything goes here...
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 10 Jun 2017, 12:02

I thought Netflix was safer from this sort of thing but Sense8 is cancelled :(
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 13 Jun 2017, 00:48

I'm not sure I had even heard of that show before I saw something on flipboard the other day...
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 13 Jun 2017, 01:39

It was quite a pricey series and I don't think it's done well hence it being cancelled, despite it being well rated it seems poorly known as I didn't come across anyone who had watched it. For a while I stopped watching TV series early on as so many good ones seemed to end up cancelled in their prime but I thought a Netflix series was a safer bet.

I'm perhaps wrong about American Gods as I've found myself keen to see each new episode to see what's happening and it's starting to make a little more sense. The whole life/death part makes me a bit uncomfortable particularly when it was going into detail with the afterlife which I think was partially why I was finding the series offputting and
Spoiler:
I'm not keen on the reanimated rotting Emily Browning

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
jurassicjim
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby jurassicjim » 13 Jun 2017, 08:35

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the postI'm perhaps wrong about American Gods as I've found myself keen to see each new episode to see what's happening and it's starting to make a little more sense. The whole life/death part makes me a bit uncomfortable particularly when it was going into detail with the afterlife which I think was partially why I was finding the series offputting and
Spoiler:
I'm not keen on the reanimated rotting Emily Browning

John

Yeah, I'm still enjoying it, a little slow in places, but all in the name of character development I guess. When the story moves away from Wednesday I get a little impatient as he's such a great character!

j
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 13 Jun 2017, 10:13

I never got into Sense8, tried the first episode and it just didn't click at the time. I saw an article yesterday saying it was costing Netflix around $9million an episode to make and it just wasn't getting the viewers to warrant the cost. If you compare that to Game of Thrones at around $6million an episode and is one of the biggest shows around you can almost see their point, although surely a better option would have been to try and cut the budget a bit first.

Need to sort out Amazon Prime to get on with American Gods.

Started watching the original Twin Peaks as I've never seen it and the new one is out at the minute. Not exactly the hottest of takes her but it is weird, I was expecting some level of oddness with its reputation and what I knew of the Red Room scenes but its all pervasive. I don't know if it's good and aged badly or just bad but highly regarded.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 13 Jun 2017, 11:46

There must be something very wrong with those finance figures - as much as I liked the show, I can't see why the cost would be so high. The cast is mostly unknown, it's a small cast and there's hardly any cgi although I can see the cost being higher for their location shoots but even then given Game of Thrones has a lot of high profile cast, the cast is absolutely enormous, there's lots of CGI and a lot of shooting locations. Then again I guess stuff like the Wachowski siblings probably don't come cheap.

John
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 13 Jun 2017, 22:17

Rick and morty is back on Fox from midnight if you havent had a chance to watch it yet, well worth diving in!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 15 Jun 2017, 11:21

Now we have more daylight and sun I am out on the bike more and consequently watching less tv. Although not a lot is grabbing my attention lately. Getting a bit bored of binge watching stuff to be honest. I have started to watch the new series of House of Cards on Netflix. This is as sharp as ever although I do think that they try to be a bit too clever on occasion.
Saving the new Fargo at the moment and will catch up soon.
Y.N.W.A.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 18 Jun 2017, 14:13

Replicant wrote:Source of the post Now we have more daylight and sun I am out on the bike more and consequently watching less tv. Although not a lot is grabbing my attention lately. Getting a bit bored of binge watching stuff to be honest. I have started to watch the new series of House of Cards on Netflix. This is as sharp as ever although I do think that they try to be a bit too clever on occasion.
Saving the new Fargo at the moment and will catch up soon.

I don't remember having such consistently great weather as last year I was swapping between the fat and plus bikes depending on the conditions but the trails have been bone dry most of the time and been able to hammer bike. I do like to stick something on to watch when I'm on cooldown though after a ride ;)

I would rather wait for Fargo but with series 2 I missed out because they hadn't finished the series when they took the first episodes off ondemand, I'm struggling waiting a week for it.

John
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 19 Jun 2017, 12:39

forged in fire, lots of forged in fire.

Do like to see the strength tests at the end, even if it's a waste of a perfectly good pig / beef roast!
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 19 Jun 2017, 13:59

It will KIIIELLL!

Love forged in fire, such trashy TV.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 22 Jun 2017, 01:02

I thought Matt was talking about American Gods with the forged in fire comment, I didn't realise it was a separate TV series. Speaking of American Gods I watched the finale which was on this week then checked afterwards thinking I must have been mistaken about it being the finale but it definitely was. After thinking it wouldn't be my thing I did end up being quite keen on it but that was a truly terrible finish to the series which didn't really explain anything or progress at all.

Amazon have a short documentary series on Le Mans which I've watched a few episodes on and seems pretty good so far, it follows some of the teams on the lead up to the 2015 season (when four teams were taking part in LMP1-H) but also wanders back to the origins of Le Mans and some of its history. It's a bit lacking on the technical detail particularly on the complex hybrids but it's probably better for it, I''d recommend it for anyone curious about Le Mans.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Jul 2017, 17:26

I see there's a new Stargate series called Origins although the rather laughable trailer only shows scenes from the film and a single new and very generic shot of someone standing in front of a stargate.

John
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 21 Jul 2017, 17:31

I just want someone to pick up the rights to Universe, that got killed just as it was getting going.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Jul 2017, 18:52

scarbunny wrote:Source of the post I just want someone to pick up the rights to Universe, that got killed just as it was getting going.

Its cancellation still hurts not just because it was a great Stargate series but a great one in general and did a much better job with the Voyager premise.

John

Return to “The Salmon Pond”