Advanced Excel & MS Project courses

Guides and useful links
Advocate
Master of the Salmon Slap

Advanced Excel & MS Project courses

Postby Advocate » 28 Sep 2010, 15:50

How do all.....

I have recently found myself working for the NHS in ways that do not involve my degree at all, I do however have to use Excel a lot and I have been tasked with finding an advanced excel course that isn't complete rubbish for the office to go on. We regularly use things like pivots and vlookups but we are especially lacking in macro skills in this department so a heavyish focus on that would be good or a more tailored style course perhaps.

Similarly for MS Project - the boss has decided that absolutely every little project we do must be charted appropriately on gantt charts etc and we all need to be able to do the updating so a foundation type course on project would be ideal.

Long story short - can anyone recommend a couple of good (excellent) training providers for an advanced excel and a foundation-intermediate project course?

We have used Silicon Beach training previously and apparently they arent that good so recommendations would be welcome (and if the course is near you I will buy you a pint and maybe cake).

THANKS!

:cupcake:
UKIan

Re: Advanced Excel & MS Project courses

Postby UKIan » 28 Sep 2010, 17:26

Learning tree are the big company that have brochures in every office. The problem with courses, especially the advanced ones are they aren't very advanced and for some reason half the people sent on them are retards. This means an exercise that takes a normal person five minutes results in an hour of faffing.

Hmm, how did a rant get in there?
Advocate

Re: Advanced Excel & MS Project courses

Postby Advocate » 29 Sep 2010, 10:00

Thanks Ian - I have been sent on a few of very pointless courses for this job now. Fortunately on one of them we got to choose the criteria and as there was just me and my line manager we actually went at a reasonable speed. the rest have been put in the slow lane by others, particularly a 3 day HES (Hospital Episode Statistics) course I went on which should have only been one day at most.

Have been exploring online courses as I thought that would be a good option but the boss has said no so will have a look at learning tree.

Return to “Useful Info”