Sony Vaio P11Z Review

Write a review of your latest purchase
iwt
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Re: Sony Vaio P11Z Review

Postby iwt » 24 Oct 2009, 20:08

UKIan wrote:I like the look of them too, but there's a new one now: Engadget

Why oh why did I have to open that link! VAIO x-series, I need one. Need one now.
Macbook
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 07 Nov 2010, 17:40

Out of interest, a year on what's your thoughts on this machine?

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Tappy » 08 Nov 2010, 09:50

In a nutshell: It's too useful not to have, but if I went back in time, with what I know now, I'd still have a hard time justifying purchasing one!

I would say that it's been useful. I don't use it nearly as much as I used to, with its home role (as a sofa browser / office viewer) being taken over by a smartphone these days. However, it's always the device I take with me if I'm staying somewhere else overnight, be it holiday or business. And I did use it in work for a few weeks after my work laptop died, and it performed its role perfectly.

So, personal usage patterns aside, I still find it capable of carrying out what I ask of it. There are some painful moments where it's doing too many things at once, and you just have to leave it, but I do have a fresh install of Windows 7 on it now, and it's much smoother than it was with Vista or even the Windows 7 upgrade (as you'd expect).

On the bonus side, I still get comments on its size.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2

Return to “Reviews”