Convar PCinspector File Recovery 4.x

Write a review of your latest purchase
Dr Who
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Convar PCinspector File Recovery 4.x

Postby Dr Who » 20 Jun 2009, 08:21

Recently an external hard drive of mine corrupted. Plugging it into Windows caused the system to grind to a halt and if you had the patience of a saint you could coerce Explorer to tell you it had 0 bytes available and 0 bytes free. Drive wouldn't mount under Mac or Linux. Tried a few demo pieces of file recovery software which had varying degrees of success in reading the drive. Then remembered a few years ago I used a piece of freeware by a company called Convar to recover photos from a corrupt memory stick in my camera. It only did photos but as the data I was most concerned about was the images I thought I would see if I could find it again. Fast forward a few years and their product now does a much larger selection of file types (http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_re ... language=1). Read the disc fine, in fact it could see more of the disc than any of the pay-for demos I used. Went through recovering data and I would say out of about 40-60Gb of various files there were probably 50 or less that it could not recover. Wow.

Can't recommend this product highly enough. Its actually three times now this company has saved me much gnashing of teeth, so super triple thumbs up.
sayed
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Re: Convar PCinspector File Recovery 4.x

Postby sayed » 20 Jun 2009, 22:56

Thanks Dr. Have most of my stuff tripple backed up but can never be to careful.
MacBook Pro 13" Mid-2009¦2.26GHz¦4GB¦500GB¦9400M¦WSXGA+
DEAD - Pegasus 665¦T7200 2GHz¦2GB¦250GB 5400rpm¦8600M GT 512MB¦WSXGA+¦Realtek HD¦VX Nano - XP
Ext 2.8TB HDD, Ipod 80GB, BB Bold
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Jun 2009, 09:22

I've been similarly impressed with this software which I've been using for a while and had success with it where other more expensive software has struggled.

John
Knowledge is Power - Guard it well
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 10 Jan 2010, 15:22

Recently I've been less impressed with this software, at best it's been managing to find the file listing but simply recovering files that were of no use. This week I've been asked to repair a PC that was bluescreening on startup, the moment it powered up in the caddy I could tell the drive was failing. Windows could see it was a hard drive and give it a letter but nothing more, PC Inspector File Recovery was drawing a complete blank as well.

I'd been recommended a program called File Scavenger as a friend had managed to get files back where other software had failed, gave it a go and was very impressed - in two hours it managed to recover 60GB of files (entire drive pretty much) including a 30GB Itunes library which looked to be mostly intact. It isn't free but unlike many recovery solutions it's a very reasonable 33 pounds.

John
Flippi

Postby Flippi » 27 Jan 2010, 13:54

I've got best experiences with the Advanced File Recovery software, most of the time I was able to recover data from formatted PC. This tool restores files from any storage media, including hard drives, memory sticks, external drives, digital cameras etc. Try it. I think this application can help you.
steffcip
1+1=1 ?!
1+1=1 ?!

Postby steffcip » 20 Feb 2010, 13:55

tried both programs but no good results
O&O DiskRecovery did a very good job for me
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 20 Feb 2010, 19:55

Which two? Hope you didn't try the Spambot's recommendation...
steffcip
1+1=1 ?!
1+1=1 ?!

Postby steffcip » 20 Feb 2010, 20:45

no lol
pc inspector and scavenger

Return to “Reviews”