Samsung galaxy x

Mobile phones, PDAs, desktops, peripherals or anything else which doesn't fit in the laptop category
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Samsung galaxy x

Postby EviL Ras » 12 Oct 2016, 00:29

So Samsung showed this fun video off in 2014. But rumours abound about a Samsung galaxy X coming out next year. Could we finally get the phone with an 8" tablet screen hidden inside?

Personally I'd be all over that as long as one handed use on the tube isn't impacted!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
jurassicjim
Master of the Salmon Slap
Master of the Salmon Slap

Samsung galaxy x

Postby jurassicjim » 12 Oct 2016, 12:43

I feel someone needs to do something with phones, as apart from a headphone jack here or there, they are all very similar.

Happily welcome something wild like that concept from Samsung!

j
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Samsung galaxy x

Postby Johnmcl7 » 12 Oct 2016, 12:48

Sony did have a go at this design with the Sony Tablet P although with two screens rather than a single folding one, for all the stuff Samsung have shown off with their folding screens they don't seem to be able to do much in practice aside from slightly curve the edge of the screen.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
robbo
100th member
100th member

Samsung galaxy x

Postby robbo » 12 Oct 2016, 13:39

Time to throw a curveball in here: will MS be able to do something with the Surface phone? Which could be panned and then its technology slowly adopted. That's presuming they come up with a differentiator.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Samsung galaxy x

Postby Johnmcl7 » 13 Oct 2016, 22:01

robbo wrote:Source of the post Time to throw a curveball in here: will MS be able to do something with the Surface phone? Which could be panned and then its technology slowly adopted. That's presuming they come up with a differentiator.

I don't think so as they did everything well with their existing phone platform but just didn't seem to get any of the market share they should have done. I thought in particular making great budget phones where Apple don't offer any phones and many of the Android budget phones were rubbish (before the Moto G phones) was a great way to get market share but didn't seem to work either.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire

Return to “Other Technology”