Sony A6300 announced

Mobile phones, PDAs, desktops, peripherals or anything else which doesn't fit in the laptop category
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Sony A6300 announced

Postby EviL Ras » 10 Feb 2016, 14:14

Well, a few months ago i looked if the A6000 was going to be superseeded. As there was nothing in sight, i went for the A6000 and have been pleased with its results as a small versatile camera!

But now, the A6300 has been announced!

Worlds fastest 0.05 focus time.
425 focus points to track focus faster and more accurately.
New 24.2Mp APS-C sensor with copper wiring for increased speed and low light performance (51200).
FULL 4k video (records at 6k and down scales to ensure no pixel binning.) Full S-Log for 14 stops dynamic range.
Audio in socket.
Weather sealed.
Improved 2.4m EVF with 8 FPS shooting (where the screen updates to show the live image, instead of black screening like it used to).
11 fps without that live EVF.
Can use the LAEA3 adapter for using other manufacturer glass with auto focus.

What its missing:
Touch screen!!
Headphone socket.
180 degree tilting screen for self monitoring.

Its currently priced at $1000. The preview comments seemed positive, but we're waiting for the full production models to release ready for March.

They also announced 3 G Master lenses. The much wanted 24-70 2.8, 85mm 1.4 and 70-200 f2.8. As well as a 1.4 and 2x teleconverter for the NEW 70-200 only.

I was excited by it as that 4k video looks great! And the new auto focus and predicted 1 stop better ISO. Its even being called the A7r2 mini!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Sony A6300 announced

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Feb 2016, 20:45

It looks a solid improvement on the A6000 although nothing that game changing and admit there's still not much incentive to upgrade from the older NEX-6. I'm a bit wary of claims about AF speed as it's essentially meaningless, Olympus used to boast about how their AF system was the fastest measured as the time to get a positive lock....the first problem was that they didn't account for missing focus which the system frequently did nor the C-AF performance which it was poor at. The rival Nikon system doesn't boast the same fast lock times but in practice it was a far quicker and more accurate AF system particularly in C-AF which is where mirrorless systems are weak. I don't find the NEX-6 much use for video due to the lack of sensor cooling, it can't manage even its maximum recording time before the sensor overheat and shuts down then takes time before it's cool enough to start recording again plus there's nowhere to mount a proper mic.

My main issue with the NEX-6 isn't the body itself which Sony continue to do an amazing job but it's the lenses, they're still big and expensive for both E-mount and FE-mount some of which are larger or similar sized to my full frame lenses for the big Nikons. I think that's one of the main reasons I don't use the NEX-6 much although I'm not doing well with photography in general at the moment, I really need to put a lot more effort into it as I still haven't even used the RX10m2 I bought in December.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire

Return to “Other Technology”