Postcode Distance Calculator

Mobile phones, PDAs, desktops, peripherals or anything else which doesn't fit in the laptop category
Advocate
Master of the Salmon Slap
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postcode Distance Calculator

Postby Advocate » 06 Jan 2011, 11:10

Hi all,

For work I have to produce some reports based on travel times from several thousand patient addresses to our various hospital sites during peak time, normal time, on public transport, by car and by ambulance with the blue lights on.

The software we have at the moment allows you to input one origin postcode and one destination postcode but it wont let you upload a file, say a CSV, with all the origin postcodes and destination postcodes in it.

My question is - do any of you know of some software that will allow me to upload postcodes from a file, do the route calculations for the parameters I set based on actual traffic routing rather than as the crow flies and then output the timings to an excel file or similar?

As long as the software does what I need in a reliable manner the trust would be willing to pay for it.

I was thinking of trying to code something using google maps api but I really hate coding and deliberately moved into analysis to avoid having to do too much of it. Alternatively if someone fancied banging together a quick and dirty app for me out of the kindness of their heart that would be amazing. That said - if the work produced is of a high enough quality for us to be able to use reliably I would be able to get an invoice paid for a reasonable amount.

Big problem is time scales..... work needs to be completed ASAP hence the desire for a pre-built solution.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Other Technology”