Google Android Apps

Mobile phones, PDAs, desktops, peripherals or anything else which doesn't fit in the laptop category
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Google Android Apps

Postby EviL Ras » 06 Feb 2016, 13:17

I really love the gmail app. as i have 4 accounts i can click on the tab that shows email in all accounts. So much easier to find where a recruiter emailed!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
Fodder
Master of the Salmon Slap

Google Android Apps

Postby Fodder » 06 Feb 2016, 15:08

Gmail for email.

Tube Map (MX Data) for tube map and routes.
London Tube Status for tube times (actual, shows where next rains are and estimated times).
Keep - good for lists and notes, yes you can put reminders on them. I keep a list for shopping, when I notice I need something I un-tick it.
aCalendar+ - My personal preference for the calendar app, I find google's efforts bloody awful in comparison.
Event Flow Widget - Calendar widget, works brilliantly and quite configurable in its free version. I have paid version.
Rewards - Google opinion rewards, do a survey occasionally for pennies in your google wallet/account. All adds up and pays for most of my little apps.
Google maps - really quite good now for navigation.
DIGI Clock Widget - I like the options.
Smart Tools - all the man stuff like spirit level, torch, compass, ruler, magnifying glass, sound meter....
Flixster - cinema/film times app
IMDb - Obvs
Locale - Auto rules for stuff like silent on/off etc.
Snapseed - pretty nice photo editing app, works in conjuction with Photos.
Zedge - awesome ringtone etc. app.
Drive and all the docs software - improving all the time and pretty damn useable now.
Beyond pod - a bit clunky to set up but good, used the rewards app to purchase.

Set your pics to auto upload and picassa to get your whole pic library in the cloud. You may need to use the fixed resolution option unless you want to spend on storage space.
Google Music - point it to your music storage area on your PC/Network and listen to your library from the cloud.
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
Fodder

Google Android Apps

Postby Fodder » 06 Feb 2016, 15:13

For more professional uses -

Medscape is a great reference app for medical stuff, although US so not always accurate or relevant for UK legislation.

Essential Anatomy 3 - Ok, not startlingly accurate but a good representation for educational demonstration or 'what the hell is that bit called?' moments.

SumUp - EPOS to use with the SumUp chip and pin reader, good for small business. No rental or maintenance charges, about £60 for the reader up front and 1.97% flat charge even on American Express.
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Google Android Apps

Postby EviL Ras » 09 Feb 2016, 15:56

FYI, check your security settings on google today, and get 2gb free additional storage. Taking it to 17Gb at least.

security.google.com
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14

Return to “Other Technology”