Google Android

Mobile phones, PDAs, desktops, peripherals or anything else which doesn't fit in the laptop category
robbo
100th member
100th member

Google Android

Postby robbo » 05 Feb 2016, 16:36

So, I'm back on Android for my day-today device after an absence of about 5 years. Missing some aspects of WP already but starting to get used to Android again. Slick and smooth so far on my Sony Z5 Compact. Let's see how I get on!

The sim card is pretty much stuck in there as I cut it down to size from micro to nano size but it was still too large to fit into the sim tray. I went to see if it fitted in the sim slot sans tray and it did. Was not fully in so tried getting it out but fingers and tweezers just wedged it fully in...

Nothing to use with the NFC so far. Mini hi-fi or something to ping music to would be good and something to cast stuff onto.
Fodder
Master of the Salmon Slap
Master of the Salmon Slap

Google Android

Postby Fodder » 06 Feb 2016, 14:45

I use NFC for my washing machine :P
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
robbo
100th member
100th member

Google Android

Postby robbo » 19 Aug 2016, 23:46

Bloody SD cards and android! :slap: :slap: :slap:

(can we have a punch emoji?)

Spoiler:
robbo
100th member
100th member

Google Android

Postby robbo » 03 Sep 2016, 22:18

Well it seems my SD card has totally failed now and can't find the usb adaptor to see if I there was anything on it I hadn't backed up already.

Am also trying the Arrow launcher at the moment. You can now decide what apps appear on the start screen but there's only one which scrolls in pages up and down. Am liking some it so far but some things don't work (like pinning OneNote notes to the Home Screen - nothing happens but if I go back to Nova there shortcut is there). Would prefer if the reminders screen would somehow sync with OneNote or Cortana reminders but I've signed up to Wunderlist and is working/syncing ok for now. Will see if I stick with it.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Google Android

Postby Johnmcl7 » 08 Sep 2016, 00:06

The LG V20 has been on my radar for a while and looking good now I think it's the only big flagship with replaceable battery and micro sd expansion:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/lg-v ... pecs-price

I've been eyeing up a replacement for the Note 4 for a while particularly after damaging it a while back but then I was thinking there's not really much point - thanks to the replaceable battery and upgradeable storage the Note 4 still has solid batterylife and 232GB storage. It also has a 5.7in 1440p screen the same as the V20 (or better depending if you like Samsung's AMOLED) and while he V20's Snapdragon 820 is superior to the Note 4's ancient Snapdragon 805 (a straight quad core, no clever big.little cores) but performance on the Samsung is still good. I like some of the modular ideas that LG and Motorola have shown but can't say I'd want either on a phone and prefer the V20 for not having it although it seems odd that at two years old there is no real upgrade to the phone.

John
Knowledge is Power - Guard it well

Return to “Other Technology”