Overclockers misleading promotion

Discussion of all laptop related items
PhilHibbs
Fish food
Fish food

Overclockers misleading promotion

Postby PhilHibbs » 16 Nov 2012, 11:15

Overclockers UK are sending out a promotion email linking to http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... &mfrid=450 which lists some laptops with "SSD & HDD", but the configurations quoted do not include an HDD, just a 60GB SSD. I have let them know that I think that this is misleading, and they are looking into it.
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap
Master of the Salmon Slap

Re: Overclockers misleading promotion

Postby Tappy » 16 Nov 2012, 11:32

Fair point actually, just saying something like "SSD + HDD options" would have cleared it up.

What is more misleading for me, or in fact just incorrect, is that there is only space for one drive on their 15" laptops, so you can't have an "SSD + HDD", and the line "Our recommendation is to select an SSD for the primary drive along with a HDD as the secondary drive for storage." doesn't apply. They probably just copied it across from the 17" description.

On a different note, those seem like decent prices for new spec gaming laptops - if I was in the market for them anymore...
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Re: Overclockers misleading promotion

Postby Johnmcl7 » 16 Nov 2012, 21:58

I agree I think it's sloppy copy and paste work but misleading particularly as with msata drives it is now feasible to have SSD and HDD combinations even in ultralights whereas previously such a combination would be limited to the bigger DTR machines.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire

Return to “Laptops”