RIP Valiant - my XPS M1330 seems to be on its deathbed

Discussion of all laptop related items
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

RIP Valiant - my XPS M1330 seems to be on its deathbed

Postby Johnmcl7 » 03 Sep 2012, 16:14

My M1330 failed to boot a couple of times yesterday as the display badly corrupted during the loading screen although it was absolutely fine when it rebooted itself straight after. It managed to boot fine today but didn't last long in Windows, the display driver crashed multiple times and then recovered until the display broke up and the machine froze followed by a shutdown. Given its cursed graphics cards it's done remarkably to last this long particularly since it's usually in daily use but clearly it's finished and there's no much point trying to repair it.

Is it the last of the Techpond XPS M1330's or are some still on the go? I think Chris said his had been repaired a couple of times but I can't remember the others.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Re: RIP Valiant - my XPS M1330 seems to be on its deathbed

Postby Tappy » 03 Sep 2012, 18:06

Mine was working the last time it was switched on... it wasn't healthy though, it was making odd noises and doing wierd things so it's job was taken up by a new laptop. Although it's had a hard life, despite me being a caring owner, once my Mrs took ownership, she really abused the poor thing.
Last edited by Tappy on 04 Sep 2012, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 03 Sep 2012, 20:12

Mine gave up 18 months ago and is sorely missed as it was a fantastic machine.
Y.N.W.A.
Fodder

Postby Fodder » 03 Sep 2012, 22:56

Still going, used a couple of times a week over the last year and every day before that (for many hours).

Has been running very very slowly for a long time. Really should format and re-install but can't face the hassle. Still all original parts, never had an issue with it (yet!).
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Return to “Laptops”