Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Clevo W110ERF/Eurocom Monster

Postby Johnmcl7 » 20 May 2012, 12:06

I think I posted this in the M11x thread, just noticed a review of it:

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.a ... ng+netbook

Edit: And one from AT:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5812/euro ... le-monster

The review of it sounds good although I'm wary that packing so much power into a small chassis particularly by Clevo is going to go wrong at some point. Particularly with the Aurora R4 on the go, the Z5's processor and graphics are now feeling pretty dated and with Sony abandoning the Z series as an all in one powerhouse there's not any options there (honestly though even if they hadn't, I doubt I'd fork out the serious amount of money they'd be after) so an 11in machine with a quad core processor and decent graphics is tempting. Then again doing any work on such a small screen is likely to be tough and there's few screens out there that can come close to the Z5's superb 1600x900 panel which offers very good colour.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
carln
Media Director
Media Director

Re: Clevo W110ERF/Eurocom Monster

Postby carln » 21 May 2012, 11:08

I haven't seen such a powerful 11 inch laptop before. It's a new idea to me.

I'm not sure I'd enjoy the gaming experience on a screen that small - I would like the portability of it though.

Because of Clevo's reputation (ahem) I wonder would it be prudent for anyone who was considering this lad to wait for a few months until any early bugs are worked out of the chassis. I'm thinking particularly of any overheating issues that may not be apparent until the unit is stress tested by gamers etc. in a non test bench scenario.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Re: Clevo W110ERF/Eurocom Monster

Postby Johnmcl7 » 30 May 2012, 23:43

Dell had the Alienware M11x which as an ultra portable gaming laptop but it paired a ULV processor with a half decent graphics card, nothing as potent as this one yet still fairly bulky. I think the idea of this appeals as a gadget as I don't think it's well thought out and 11in seems a bit small, a 13in chassis seems a much better idea. I don't think it would be that much bigger but I think it would be better balanced as you wouldn't need such a deep machine and the screen is more practical.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire

Return to “Laptops”