M1330 Replacement

Discussion of all laptop related items
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Re: M1330 Replacement

Postby Tappy » 10 Jul 2011, 10:03

A 15" laptop is, indeed, much easier to find. I'm looking at an XPS 15 for her highness now. Probably off the Outlet or an Outlet reseller.

The GPU still seems to be going well on my M1330, it's had a few motherboard replacements though. Maybe that's why they stopped doing them, too many warranty claims!
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 26 Sep 2011, 10:52

In the end she wanted to buy a laptop herself for as cheap as possible without getting anything too rubbish (probably something to do with the constant taunting I gave her about abusing my laptop). I found a 15.6" ASUS for a little under £300. Probably could have found something better if I had time to look for deals, but she wanted it straight away. It's the ASUS K52N - has a dual core AMD, and ATI semi integrated graphics, but she's happy with it, seems to do what she wants. You can certainly tell the difference in quality compared to the XPS (or even any of the Rocks I've had over the years). The screen is very sensitive to viewing angle and the plastics feel cheaper, but I guess that's to be expected when you go for that kind of budget model, it's like the difference between having colour coded bumpers on your car or not...

Now to see if it will last the course, or if it was a waste of money.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 26 Sep 2011, 13:51

I bought myself a HP G62-451SA which although a refurb has a core i3. When I bought it they were selling at £299 less a 20% offer which means it cost me £239!! They have put it up to £329 now.

Outstanding bargain if you ask me and it is a pretty nice laptop although the function keys down the left hand side can be a little irksome sometimes.
Y.N.W.A.

Return to “Laptops”