XTCX pro going free for parts (graphics card faulty)

Discussion of all laptop related items
Xander
Fish food
Fish food

XTCX pro going free for parts (graphics card faulty)

Postby Xander » 29 Mar 2011, 20:48

Got an old rock XTCX pro (2.1Ghz) that is going free for parts if anyone wants to claim it...

The only faults with is are:

- Battery doesnt really hold any charge for more than a few minutes
- 7950GTX graphics card has given up the ghost, you can actually boot up into windows in safe mode, but in normal mode and bios you get horrible artifacts on the screen. I've wiped the HDD (original 160gb hdd).
- memory has been downgraded to 1GB (to boost the memory of my wife's laptop - sorry)

Er thats about it as far as i can recall, what it does have is a bluetooth remote control as extra

If you want it you will have to collect or pay for postage, other than that its free...
csteff
1+1=1 ?!
1+1=1 ?!

Re: XTCX pro going free for parts (graphics card faulty)

Postby csteff » 29 Mar 2011, 21:59

I will PM you
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Tappy » 30 Mar 2011, 06:49

Hmmm, the condition of that XCTX Pro sounds very familiar to the state mine is in these days - the graphics card isn't as bad though, I just get a lot of green lines down the screen.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
raith_rovers_fan
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Postby raith_rovers_fan » 26 Jun 2011, 09:15

I am having problems with mine, think the processor is over heating, not sure though. It will ramdomly die completely, no bsod just cut out. I had a similar problem with my pegasus Ti before which rock support told me that was the problem. this only started a week ago, might take it to get the heatsink reset and fans cleaned when i arrive in sydney. Its tough to do myself when i am travelling. I just hope that solves the problem.
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 26 Jun 2011, 12:17

raith_rovers_fan wrote:I am having problems with mine, think the processor is over heating, not sure though. It will ramdomly die completely, no bsod just cut out.

I've had a few laptops suffering from this, an Acer and a Fujitsu-Siemens. I put it down to overheating as well, my solution was just propping it up at the back to get a bit more airflow, and cleaning it out on the inside. Never really solved it once it started though, just seemed to get worse over time, probably should have looked into doing what you are.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
raith_rovers_fan
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Postby raith_rovers_fan » 29 Jun 2011, 08:27

well after new thermal paste and a clean i am no further forward, at least i done it my self so no great expense. i think my XTC pro may now be officially dead. unless i can source a cheap/free MB and processor. :-(
Last edited by raith_rovers_fan on 30 Jun 2011, 04:51, edited 1 time in total.
Xander
Fish food
Fish food

Postby Xander » 29 Jun 2011, 13:49

Guess you got to this post a tad late... unless steffcip is able to trade parts to you :-)

Getting spare parts for dead XCTX when you have a working graphics card is easy enough it seems, its the graphics card that is a pain to source.
raith_rovers_fan
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Postby raith_rovers_fan » 30 Jun 2011, 04:31

Steff has already tried to get it from me!! lol

I was looking at this as a potential solution to the problem?

Return to “Laptops”