Windows 7 and Pegasus 670

Discussion of all laptop related items
BinnsY
Master of the Salmon Slap

Windows 7 and Pegasus 670

Postby BinnsY » 16 May 2009, 11:04

Has anyone else tried this yet?

So far I have got everything working properly aside from turbo memory (which I'm not too bothered about) and my volume control keys. I can get the keys working but the icons for brightness, volume, mute, screen etc are on screen constantly unless i disable aero which is rather irritating. I can solve this but it means turning of aero and as this has to run in the background all the time it just makes windows look ugly :(

Anyone have any idea what else I could do? Do novatech or someone who also sell the 670 have an equivalent driver I could try?

And what model is the pegasus 670 to help me with my searching as I cant remember, is it clevo or uniwell?

Thanks
| 3.2Ghz Quad|4GB Ram|GTX 470|2000GB|X-Fi Gamer |
| 2.2Ghz Dual|2GB Ram|8600m GT|160GB|Realtek HD |
kingosticks
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Re: Windows 7 and Pegasus 670

Postby kingosticks » 16 May 2009, 12:41

Ive been running one of the beta versions on my 670 for a bit but I havnt tried any of the shortkeys (I'm used to them not working in Ubuntu). Are you running it with the normal Vista drivers that came with your 670? Next time I boot into Windows (when I am unable to resist CoD4 for any longer [tonight]) I will check them all and report back.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 16 May 2009, 13:45

I don't think Novatech sold that chassis, it was the one after by memory? If yuo do a hunt for Vestel you may pull up some other companies that sold the chassis.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
BinnsY

Postby BinnsY » 16 May 2009, 16:38

Yea, I've tried using various versions of the vestel suite, the download actually has version 1, 3.1 and 3.3 buried away within it, 1 and 3.3 have this problem with the icons always being on top where as 3.1 simply wont launch stating its missing certain nvidia dll's.

I've tried updating the graphics drivers to the latest and that hasn't solved it, I think your right on novatech though John as I couldn't find it on there site either. Unfortunately Vestel seem to be a nobody company and although I can find there site they seem to have no drivers on offer :(

I'll try searching for others that sold vestel machines though, hadn't thought about attacking it from that angle.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 16 May 2009, 17:18

I'm pretty sure there were a couple of companies selling the chassis in Europe but I don't remember there being anything that useful on their site aside from showing a product page for sale. I've never really seen much on the company though so it's probably going to be a bit of an uphill battle to get support for it.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
BinnsY

Postby BinnsY » 17 May 2009, 11:53

Yep, that seems to be the way of it :(

I've tried downloading a couple of programs to see if I can edit the program in such a way it doesn't rely on the icons (there just images in a folder that you can easily delete but doing so stops the program from having any effect) but I'm a little out of my depth :(
kingosticks
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Postby kingosticks » 17 May 2009, 21:37

I can confirm (unsurprisingly) that I have the exact same problem BinnsY. it seems a little weird, didnt think they changed the graphics stuff much but clearly something is up. I can live without the volume shortcut keys, only really care that I can use the play/pause and skip media buttons so have uninstalled the vestel suite for now. Please update if you have any luck.
BinnsY

Postby BinnsY » 17 May 2009, 22:28

Haha, I'm the opposite :P I could live without the skip and stuff but really want the volume keys lol.

I agree with you it does seem odd, especially as it played nicely with aero in vista.

I'll keep hunting and see what I can find.

Return to “Laptops”