Portable Latop Advice.

Discussion of all laptop related items
robbo
100th member
100th member

Re: Portable Latop Advice.

Postby robbo » 27 Apr 2009, 11:38

Just wondering, does anyone know of anyone that has Rock's Pegasus 320? The unusually named upgrade of the 335.
http://www.rockdirect.com/viewNotebook. ... ASUS%20320

As I mentioned in the Windows 7 thread, I might looking at new laptops in the same 13" size but doubt I'll get anything till Windows 7 is released.
Fodder
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Fodder » 27 Apr 2009, 12:33

I had a 15" inspiron 6000 for a couple of years, bought with the intention of carrying it around. In reality it was just that bit too heavy and cumbersome for me, plus the battery life was about 2-3 hours. This meant I didn't actually use it that much.

The XPS on the other hand is smaller and lighter, making it much easier to slip in a bag, plus the battery life is far better. I do now take it to college, the girlies when I'm there for the weekend, when I go for a 'study coffee' or pint. Basically, I use it so much I would class it as my main machine now. Sometimes bigger isn't better.
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 27 Apr 2009, 14:54

robbo wrote:Just wondering, does anyone know of anyone that has Rock's Pegasus 320? The unusually named upgrade of the 335.
http://www.rockdirect.com/viewNotebook. ... ASUS%20320

As I mentioned in the Windows 7 thread, I might looking at new laptops in the same 13" size but doubt I'll get anything till Windows 7 is released.

Can't see anything it does better than the competition (either cost or performance wise) especially given the bold claims that were made about it beforehand although the option of blu-ray is nice.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 27 Apr 2009, 15:11

I dont think any of the Rock laptops as that tempting at the minute. None are that attractive and the specs all seem a little....... meh.

I would have thought they would be due a revamp some time soon, or is that just wishful thinking?

Also seems as if they are still having some issue in the repair department.
Advocate

Postby Advocate » 27 Apr 2009, 20:41

robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 29 Apr 2009, 22:50

Just seen this Asus f6v. Didn't know this existed till now. Looks quite funky if nothing else.

http://uk.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=23&l3=519

Return to “Laptops”