tapatalk?

Suggestions, thoughts and discussion on the forum setup
Fodder
Master of the Salmon Slap

tapatalk?

Postby Fodder » 18 Feb 2012, 23:37

Would it be possible to pop the plugin onto the forum?

Tapatalk is a nice forum app and I would think it would make the compulsion for the forum easier to satiate for those with android/iOS :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Re: tapatalk?

Postby EviL Ras » 19 Feb 2012, 11:57

I think they looked into it a while back and it was either chargeable or a ball ache to implement!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 19 Feb 2012, 14:13

Yeah, would be pretty cool if that could happen.

What's the charge? If a couple of quid each may be worth it.

J
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 19 Feb 2012, 14:56

I'm way behind on the forum updates so need to get that sorted first as the version of phpBB is too old, annoyingly I did take a copy of the main forum and database, tested an upgrade and managed to sort the problems but stupidly didn't note all the steps as there was a lot of mucking around. I'll look into giving it another go shortly.

From the previous forum post on this I think the software is free for forums and instead they make their money charging for the client?

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Fodder

Postby Fodder » 19 Feb 2012, 22:53

yep, that was my understanding John. Server side is free, client is a quid or so.
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
steffcip
1+1=1 ?!
1+1=1 ?!

Postby steffcip » 20 Feb 2012, 10:40

John, I did lots of changes on the template so let me know if you want me to do them again (I don't have a list of what I changed so it will be a lot of work) where they have gone after new version has been installed
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 20 Feb 2012, 10:45

Thankfully when I tried the upgrade last time all the template changes look like they came across fine.
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 20 Feb 2012, 17:18

I had a look at the Tapatalk app on Android and it was horrible! From everything I have heard about it I was expecting something nice and easy to use, but from my brief play (wanted my 2quid refund) it seemed harder to use than the website on my phone.

j

Return to “Site Discussion”