Completed any games recently?

Discuss PC and console gaming
jurassicjim
Master of the Salmon Slap

Completed any games recently?

Postby jurassicjim » 09 Jan 2009, 18:50

How are you lot for completing games? I have loads that I have gotten halfway through, or even about 80% and just stopped (GTA 4 springs to mind). But recently I have been pretty good and finished a couple of games.

Finished Condemned 2, would give it an 8/10. Very atmospheric and pretty disturbing. Quite short, but each "act" is different, and the story is good enough to keep interest. Would rather play a focused 8 hours, than a dragged out 20. Plus the fact it only cost me £10 brand new.

Finished Fallout 3 too, would give it a 10/10. Spent 45 hours playing, played as a goody, and thoroughly enjoyed it. One thing bummed me,
Spoiler:
I got to the last mission and saved it just before I got into the rotunda to complete the game. However, once I completed the game I went back to the save and I uncovered all the areas with the perks and there were loads I missed. But now, I don't seem to be able to carry on with any more side quests. I just get a talk option of "Sorry, I don't have time for this" or similar. The other save I have i'm level 16 and about 5 hours play time down. Can't be bothered playing that again.

Would really liked to have played on after completion and been able to level up past 20 and discover all the areas. Might play it through again one day as an evil character and not play as a weapons guy, perhaps a sneaky dude. But that might be a bit annoying.

Playing through GOW1 on coop with my bro, should finish that soonish. Really enjoying it, and a great buy for a tenner. Playing Okami and Zack and Wiki on the Wii at the moment too.

Okami is really good, a bit like Ocarina of Time, but as a wolf with really beautiful cel shaded graphics. Got that for a tenner at PC world, same as zack and wiki.

Zack and Wiki is fun and frustrating in equal amounts. Its a kind of point and click puzzle game, and probably not for everybody. Sometimes its very trial and error and dying is a pain in the arse as you have to redo the whole level, and it can take a good 30 mins to go through the various steps needed on the later levels, and thats when you have worked out the puzzles.

Got Mass Effect and Fable 2 on the 360 to start, and also No More Heroes on the Wii, but not going to start any of those til I have finished what I have started.

So yeah, trying to turn over a new leaf and actually complete some of the games I have. Also, going to stick to waiting to buy new releases too. No point in buying a game for £40 when you can just exploit the back catalog until the new games come down.

j
DaveG
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Re: Completed any games recently?

Postby DaveG » 09 Jan 2009, 20:03

I'm not gaming that much, I just have one on the go at a time. Most recently I completed Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, and I'm currently working on Dawn of War: SoulStorm.
Visit my blog & follow me on Twitter
Bryn

Postby Bryn » 09 Jan 2009, 20:12

Mass Effect is a truly superb game. At the time it really pushed the marker for quality games up, much in the way i think KOTOR did, by (one of?) the same developers. An easy 10/10.

I finished Fallout 3 before Christmas and i found it too short but having said that i didn't nearly explore enough. I just don't get enough time to game and at the time finding unneccessary villages and outposts didn't seem much worth it, but i shall be replaying. A solid 9/10 from me.

I've just bought X3: Terran Conflict and i am utterly determined to get all the way through this one. I've never bought an X game and finished it because they're so bloody huge and the learning curve is like something you have to have a Phd to understand. So far (god knows how far through i am; 30 hours) i'm absolutely loving it, i think because it's the first time i've played through enough to hit the point at which money starts rolling in and you develop a healthy fleet. The command/control system for fleets and navigation is flawless, combat itself is engaging and varied with 20+ different types of missiles, who knows how many different flak/concussion/pulse/plasma/gauss/mass driver weapons to satisfy the neediest of gamers. I'll definitely say get it if you've got time enough to invest and really get into it, if you like the sort of game it's spotless.
Dell XPS M1330 - T7500 / 8400M GS / 2GB / 250GB / WLED / Intel-N / 9 Cell
--------------------
C2Q Q6600 / 512MB 8800GTS / 2GB OCZ / 580GB / X-Fi
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 09 Jan 2009, 20:19

Last one I remember finishing is FEAR - i have loads 50 - 75% complete. I prefer to play multiplayer on line than complete a single player mission these days.

To busy doing college work to game much at the moment.
Y.N.W.A.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 09 Jan 2009, 20:57

I could never get into the space games like that, for the reasons you gave Brun.

Really looking forward to Mass Effect, wanted to play it for ages, but will resist until I finish what I'm on.

Loved KOTOR, so if its anything like as good, i will be a happy boy. Hopefully with an awesome KOTOR like twist in the story somewhere...

j
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 09 Jan 2009, 22:54

Ive completed a few in the last month/6 weeks, but it has been christmas

Fable 2 - Not bad a bit shallow, combat is one button really. A good 7.5-8/10
Fallout 3 - Very good great sub plots great world, but main quest and dialog is deffinatly lacking 9/10
Halo 3 - Bloody terrible game, run into the middle of the map to find what ever your looking for isnt there and then run out the same way. 4/10
Gears of War 2 - Prefered it to the first one even though the story was worse 8/10

Almost completed Saints Row 2, about half way through Tomb Raider and Mirrors Edge, yet the start Far Cry 2 and Prince of Persia. I know its sad but I think achivements really help drive me to complete more games as I only ever completed a few games for the PS2 but Ive completed almost all My xbox games. Apart from GTA 4 and Condemned 2 both of which I really dont like.
BinnsY

Postby BinnsY » 09 Jan 2009, 23:00

Latest one I completed was GTA4 on pc and I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Got a strategically placed save point so I can go and see the other ending at some point.
| 3.2Ghz Quad|4GB Ram|GTX 470|2000GB|X-Fi Gamer |
| 2.2Ghz Dual|2GB Ram|8600m GT|160GB|Realtek HD |
Fodder

Postby Fodder » 10 Jan 2009, 00:13

Cod5 on PC single player. Finished all the COD games apart from COD2, it just didn't appeal enough to get me to the end. MOHAA, all of those as well.

Got maybe 70% through Far Cry, then got thouroughly bored of having to slog away at stupidly difficult points to carry on. The baddie in the helicopter chasing you down on a sinking boat was the last straw for me on that one.

Like Replicant, not much time to game due to study and work, but multiplayer online suits me fine. Hop on, balst for half an hour with some mates and hop off again. Play the odd league match with the clan which is fun too.
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
Combat Marmot
Enjoying the cake
Enjoying the cake

Postby Combat Marmot » 10 Jan 2009, 18:28

I finished Fallout 3 today. I got close to finishing it about a month a go but then I put it on ice to explore a bit more. I thought the ending was somewhat contrived and the main story was a little too short for my liking. I didn't find all the bobbleheads before completing but I think I did most of the side quests.

I'm going to try and complete portal now.
Combat Marmot
Enjoying the cake
Enjoying the cake

Postby Combat Marmot » 10 Jan 2009, 20:32

Completed portal - I had got to about test chamber 10 before today. Still got the bonus maps left to do.
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 10 Jan 2009, 21:13

Might have to buy the orange box, only really want portal as Im not the biggest HL fan, but amazon have it on the xbox for £15 so might be worth it after pay day
Fodder

Postby Fodder » 10 Jan 2009, 22:56

The orange box is excellent. Episode two is very good. Lost coast level is a nice killfest too.

Portal is short, but a great puzzle game and nice dark humour. Oh, and TF2 of course. Can't get the hang of it personally, but it is fun.
"Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; & I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
Combat Marmot
Enjoying the cake
Enjoying the cake

Postby Combat Marmot » 11 Jan 2009, 00:04

HL2 EP2 is a lot better than EP1. Not sure if Portal is worth the £14 which Steam will charge if you by it on its own. Paying another £1 and getting the Orange Box seems a much better deal. TF2 can be quite addictive.
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 17 Jan 2009, 18:47

Completed Tomb Raider earlier this week, quite enjoyed it, was a little short but what gane isnt now a days.
Advocate

Postby Advocate » 19 Jan 2009, 11:01

Think the last game I completed was final fantasy 8..... I always seem to get bored before I finish games these days...

oh - Civ 4, completed that LOADS of times, only got one more class of victory to get till I have won on all styles.

Return to “Gaming”