The Division

Discuss PC and console gaming
se99paj
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

The Division

Postby se99paj » 23 Jan 2017, 14:08

Anyone playing this at the moment? It was a gift for Christmas but haven't been able to get into it until last night as I needed to upgrade my Gfx card.

Only just getting started but quite like it at the moment.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

The Division

Postby Johnmcl7 » 23 Jan 2017, 17:48

I was tempted by it as a Destiny replacement but it seemed to have a rough launch with a lot of issues, the initial additions to the game didn't seem great and Destiny friends weren't that taken with it. However from what I've seen of it recently they seem to have made a lot of decent improvements and the new PvE Dark zone mode sounds good. Is the game playable on PC? I never heard anything good about it due to the ridiculous amount of hacking that was going on.

John
You are outnumbered four to one by enemy titans, keep calm and focused
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap
Master of the Salmon Slap

The Division

Postby Tappy » 24 Jan 2017, 10:19

I had it on PC. It was good for a bit, decent gameplay, nice equipment and stats to care about, but no one else I knew was playing it, so I just sort of stopped.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
se99paj
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

The Division

Postby se99paj » 24 Jan 2017, 14:09

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the postIs the game playable on PC?John

Yes - Playing it on PC, although had to make sure I finished Fallout 4 before starting. I don't have a console so never got around to playing Destiny, it looked good though.

Tappy wrote:Source of the post I had it on PC. It was good for a bit, decent gameplay, nice equipment and stats to care about, but no one else I knew was playing it, so I just sort of stopped.

I originally thought it was a Single Player, didn't realise you could work with other players online. Do you need to team up for later missions? I don't know anyone else playing it either so might struggle in later missions!
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

The Division

Postby Johnmcl7 » 07 Jun 2017, 21:56

I did give this a go on the free weekend a few weeks ago but really didn't like the feel of it, I felt the setting didn't work as it just seemed stupid hosing a guy down who is only wearing jeans, a jacket and a cap yet can easily soak up sustained fire from an assault rifle. I've found Ghost Recon Wildlands to be much better in that no matter what the enemy is they go down in a single headshot and instead they're made more difficult by having more body armour, more accurate, more of them etc. which fits the setting so much better.
You are outnumbered four to one by enemy titans, keep calm and focused

Return to “Gaming”