Nintendo Switch

Discuss PC and console gaming
robbo
100th member
100th member

Nintendo Switch

Postby robbo » 06 Mar 2017, 22:44

Glad you're loving it. Was going to ask if you'd seen the hidden msg in the pro controller but you don't have one yet.
jurassicjim
Master of the Salmon Slap

Nintendo Switch

Postby jurassicjim » 07 Mar 2017, 14:54

Yeah, no reason to buy one at the moment. May do at some point in the future though.

j
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Nintendo Switch

Postby EviL Ras » 07 Mar 2017, 14:57

LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
matt
Cake
Cake

Nintendo Switch

Postby matt » 07 Mar 2017, 15:59

jurassicjim

Nintendo Switch

Postby jurassicjim » 08 Mar 2017, 14:06

Never properly played a Lego game.

That one worth getting? Seems a decent price.

j
scarbunny

Nintendo Switch

Postby scarbunny » 11 Mar 2017, 21:00

My local Game had some Neon Switches in stock so I traded in my noisy near launch PS4 for one, and a digital copy of Zelda.

I've just discovered it doesn't download while in sleep mode, even when docked, so I've spent 4 hours not downloading Zelda. Seriously even the 3DS has the ability to download in sleep mode, so I can't comment on actually using the thing.

However from just handling it, it's much smaller than I expected with out the controllers attached although in the same breath if it were much bigger it would be unusable so theres that. I'm not sure how comfortable the thing will be to use, the triggers seem like they are in the wrong place when attached to the screen I think I will be picking up a Pro controller at some point assuming there are enough games to warrant it.
Replicant

Nintendo Switch

Postby Replicant » 13 Mar 2017, 14:39

I want Nintendo to be successful but wish they would stop designing their consoles like they were drawn by a 5 year old.
I am intrigued by the Switch and am tempted but I have never played a Zelda game and I cannot see anything else I want to play other than Mario Kart.

How is their split screen mode if you play on the TV?

Looks like I will have to continue sitting on the fence for now.
Y.N.W.A.
jurassicjim

Nintendo Switch

Postby jurassicjim » 13 Mar 2017, 14:53

Replicant wrote:Source of the post I want Nintendo to be successful but wish they would stop designing their consoles like they were drawn by a 5 year old.

What would you prefer out of interest?

To me it's just an anonymous black slab and looks like any other tablet out there.

j
jurassicjim

Nintendo Switch

Postby jurassicjim » 13 Mar 2017, 14:56

scarbunny wrote:Source of the postI've just discovered it doesn't download while in sleep mode, even when docked, so I've spent 4 hours not downloading Zelda. Seriously even the 3DS has the ability to download in sleep mode, so I can't comment on actually using the thing.

Nice to see you took the plunge!

But yeah, the whole software side of things is very bare bones. Very fast OS which is nice, but not much going on.

Used it on the bus for the first time today, was great, the hour just flew by and felt more inconspicuous than I thought I would.

j
willieaames

Nintendo Switch

Postby willieaames » 19 Apr 2017, 07:30

The only thing I'm worried about with the Switch is reports of it not fully charging while playing Zelda docked. I'm assuming that won't be an issue with like 75% of games, but it's still rather disappointing since it diminishes the "take it and go" nature by reducing the playing time in handheld mode.
scarbunny

Nintendo Switch

Postby scarbunny » 19 Apr 2017, 10:47

I've not had that issue, but then I haven't really ran the battery low then switched to docked mode and then back out with out stopping playing. It will sit over night before being taken back out of the dock.

The issue I have with it is the terrible connection of the left Joy-Con which makes the console unusable in docked mode, so much so that the Joy-Cons are currently with Nintendo for repair which for a console less than 2 months old is unacceptable.

But what can you do.

Not sure what I think of the console generally, sometimes it is incredibly uncomfortable to hold in portable mode, other times its fine, the Joy-Cons have a little bit of movement in them when attached to the screen which is a little annoying, as is having to have the dock on top of the TV stand. Zelda is fine, but not the as amazing as the gaming press lead me to believe but I kind of expected to be disappointed with it. Snipperclips demo was fun, but the full game tends to end in arguments as the missus is incapable of seeing how to solve the puzzles half the time. I need more games for it really.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Nintendo Switch

Postby robbo » 19 Apr 2017, 23:34

Spamalam makes Surface RT post and Switch post. Intriguing...

Still not had a chance to even see a switch in the flesh, let alone have a go on one. Gf's brother has one now so will see how he's getting on with his.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Nintendo Switch

Postby EviL Ras » 20 Apr 2017, 16:05

Rumours of a switch mini have surfaced. Smaller with attached joycons, compatible with the other removable ones, no dock. so its basically an uber poweful gameboy.
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
jurassicjim

Nintendo Switch

Postby jurassicjim » 21 Apr 2017, 08:58

Well, "analyst predicts" a Switch Mini. Not saying it won't happen, but that's about as loose as it comes.

The reason being kids can't deal with the size, but I see loads using an iPad with no worries and I wouldn't be surprised if the switch is lighter - but maybe it's their tiny hands?!

j
robbo
100th member
100th member

Nintendo Switch

Postby robbo » 24 Apr 2017, 23:17

Switch mini to replace the 3DS soon, say the headlines. Article says not until 2019...

Return to “Gaming”