Nintendo NX

Discuss PC and console gaming
matt
Cake
Cake

Nintendo NX

Postby matt » 24 Oct 2016, 15:26

that's my problem, my mate in the village only had golden eye and mario kart and I got fed up of being ruined on local play!
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Nintendo NX

Postby Johnmcl7 » 25 Oct 2016, 11:34

Well apart from that analogue stick which wasn't very durable at all but amazingly revolutionary - first one to have an analogue stick, the C-buttons were essentially a predecessor to a second analogue stick as camera controls, onboard vibration through the rumble pak (something you don't notice now until it's gone and feels very odd without it) and also the first with a trigger button underneath.

We were clearing out old phones at work and had to power them to clear their memory before scrapping them and it made me appreciate how great it is that all mobile phones now and many other devices now use standard USB charging. It's one era of the past I wish Nintendo wouldn't cling to, it was a pain in the neck that the 3DS didn't come with a charger when it was different to the DS and Wii U gamepad charger and a lot of places don't even stock the official charger.
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
jurassicjim
Master of the Salmon Slap

Nintendo NX

Postby jurassicjim » 25 Oct 2016, 14:45

What do Microsoft use for the controllers now? Is is micro usb like PS4?

People keep saying because of Nvidias involvement with the console, theres a good chance of it being USB C. Not sure why people think that exactly, but seems to be a mixture of optimism, believing Nvidia will bring Nintendo round to making some smart decisions and because Nvidia are probably already comfortable with the standard.

j
scarbunny

Nintendo NX

Postby scarbunny » 26 Oct 2016, 15:24

Yep Xbox controller uses micro USB now, I tend to use the lovely braided cable that came with my Xbox Elite Controller for the PS4 because Sony insist on using terrible built in batteries rather than AA.

Didn't the Golden Eye on the N64 let you use 2 controllers at once to give you "proper" dual stick movement/aim?

I'm interested in the NX, will see what its priced at and maybe pick it up for my birthday as its close enough to launch I think.
jurassicjim

Nintendo NX

Postby jurassicjim » 26 Oct 2016, 15:59

scarbunny wrote:Didn't the Golden Eye on the N64 let you use 2 controllers at once to give you "proper" dual stick movement/aim?

Yeah it did! Though at the time my simple mind couldn't process the complexity of this brave new world of controlling an FPS.

j
robbo
100th member
100th member

Nintendo NX

Postby robbo » 31 Oct 2016, 16:41

jurassicjim wrote:Source of the post
scarbunny wrote:Didn't the Golden Eye on the N64 let you use 2 controllers at once to give you "proper" dual stick movement/aim?

Yeah it did! Though at the time my simple mind couldn't process the complexity of this brave new world of controlling an FPS.

Did it?! I never knew that. Must try and get my mate's copy of it and have a go with 2 controllers.

I always thought that the N64 controller with its 3 prongs and the console's ability for 4 controllers would make for an amazing 12-player split screen mega race! Didn't quite understand the graphical and power side of things but did expect that the game would be minimalistic. All that was needed was left/right and accelerate (shoulder or Z button) for a F-Zero X type game. Oh yeah! And cramped seating.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Nintendo NX

Postby Johnmcl7 » 31 Oct 2016, 17:20

The only reason I knew about the dual controllers was because there was a glitch at the end of the first bunker level where if you had a certain dual controller scheme selected, you could control your gun in the cutscene when Bond was being captured and mow everyone down.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire

Return to “Gaming”