Does anyone play Bloodborne?

Discuss PC and console gaming
jurassicjim
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby jurassicjim » 01 Aug 2016, 10:05

I would just like to discuss it, that's all.

Incredible game.

j
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 01 Aug 2016, 20:17

No, it doesn't appeal to me although I'm sure Chris has been talking about it.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 02 Aug 2016, 09:19

i played the demo for 5 minutes and binned it off as I couldn't get my head around it.
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 02 Aug 2016, 11:48

I have been playing it on and off since launch. I had no real issue with any of the bosses until the Shadow of Yharnam which I've now hit like a brick wall, although I've only ever gone up against them over Remote Play so there is probably an amount of lag there making it impossible. I've read that using Tonitrus makes the shadows much easier but that means heading to Hypogean Gaol and defeating Darkbeast Paarl, which I'm having even less luck with.

I might try heading to Cainhurst Castle, see what I can find.

I'm not sure I actually like the game though, the lore is interesting but the best place to see that is the internet, the character progression is annoyingly obtuse, the combat is clunky and I don't find it particularly satisfying. But I still want to finish it, its just finding enough time that I am in the right frame of mind to die, a lot, and be ok with spending a few hours hours making no progress which when there has been so many other games I've wanted to play has been hard, I have been struggling to find things to play the last few weeks so maybe it's time before Deus Ex comes out. I also bought the Old Hunters DLC so I guess I need to finish the main game to get on with that.

Here's me doing a really bad job of taking down Witch of Hemwick on my first attempt, the only thing I've ever uploaded to the YouTubes.

And I think Matt might be thinking of BattleBorne?
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 02 Aug 2016, 12:48

scarbunny wrote:Source of the post I have been playing it on and off since launch. I had no real issue with any of the bosses until the Shadow of Yharnam which I've now hit like a brick wall, although I've only ever gone up against them over Remote Play so there is probably an amount of lag there making it impossible. I've read that using Tonitrus makes the shadows much easier but that means heading to Hypogean Gaol and defeating Darkbeast Paarl, which I'm having even less luck with.

I might try heading to Cainhurst Castle, see what I can find.

I'm not sure I actually like the game though, the lore is interesting but the best place to see that is the internet, the character progression is annoyingly obtuse, the combat is clunky and I don't find it particularly satisfying. But I still want to finish it, its just finding enough time that I am in the right frame of mind to die, a lot, and be ok with spending a few hours hours making no progress which when there has been so many other games I've wanted to play has been hard, I have been struggling to find things to play the last few weeks so maybe it's time before Deus Ex comes out. I also bought the Old Hunters DLC so I guess I need to finish the main game to get on with that.

Here's me doing a really bad job of taking down Witch of Hemwick on my first attempt, the only thing I've ever uploaded to the YouTubes.

And I think Matt might be thinking of BattleBorne?

I have literally just got to the Shadows of Yarnham, tried it 3 times, and got better each time - sort of undecided on what is the best order to take them in. But did best taking out the fireball mage first.

I do really love the game, it is so compelling! Just wish I had more time to play it.

I was using the saw blade thing, but recently got Ludwigs Blade, and finding progress is coming much easier with it.

In general, I don't find it that hard, you just had to be super patient at all times. The boss battles can be frustrating though.

Annoyingly, it was that earlyish boss, the guy who turns into a werewolf that has caused me the most issues. Literally 40 or 50 attempts!!

Bloodstarved beast I did on my first try which I really wasn't expecting after reading about him on forums.

j
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 02 Aug 2016, 13:05

yeah, battleborn is crap.com!
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 Aug 2016, 15:02

matt wrote:Source of the post yeah, battleborn is crap.com!

I'm not sure if you're joking but that's an entirely different game.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.

Return to “Gaming”