Be careful with buying proper games on Windows Store

Discuss PC and console gaming
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 28 Feb 2016, 18:15

I had no idea about technical issues with buying bigger games on Windows store, I thought it would be similar to Steam and it's just a case of a different download service but it's quite different:

http://www.howtogeek.com/243012/why-you ... ows-store/

Just to be careful if there's any good deals going which I'd guess are likely if they're wanting to get more people onto the service.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 14 Mar 2016, 23:57

Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 15 Mar 2016, 02:14

Not directly related, Microsoft want to unify their different systems and they want more control and money over it basically. If you buy a game through Steam in many cases Steam just handles the download of the files and from then on it's just a normal install after which the game behaves exactly the same as bought on another service or as a standalone. The Windows store doesn't work this way though as those games are going through a Microsoft layer the goal of which seems to be to unify development across the Xbox One and PC, the problem is though this layer seems to have a few issues and is lacking support for some features particularly high end ones like multi-GPU technologies. This is what Valve were concerned about that led them to develop Steam OS although at the moment Microsoft don't restrict other applications, Valve are perhaps right to have some concerns.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.

Return to “Gaming”