Destiny

Discuss PC and console gaming
scarbunny
Master of the Salmon Slap

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 02 Sep 2015, 10:57

Is there not a Nightfall on the 8th? I would have expected there to be as that's still a week before Taken King.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 Sep 2015, 12:29

They're claiming on the Reddit this is the last one as the 2.0 update is going live a week before the Taken King is released, so next week will be the new Nightfall which bizarrely won't have the Nighfall modifier any more.

John
Knowledge is Power - Guard it well
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 02 Sep 2015, 15:56

I see, that would make sense and explain why the moments of triumph thing only has 6 days left to run.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 Sep 2015, 15:56

scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 02 Sep 2015, 21:02

Uhmmmm

Not sure how ammo works, and the power seems a little on the low side for a year 2 exotic heavy weapon, but its a fricking sword!
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 Sep 2015, 21:12

I'd read some discussions about a sword wondering which slot it was going to go in but hadn't seen it, I'm quite amused that's a heavy weapon?! I wonder if the ammo will work in a similar fashion to Ice Breaker with each swipe using one shot until it recharges.

I'm a bit puzzled by the attack value as well even if it's not ascended (I'm wondering what that icon is on the bottom left?) that's still very low unless they're redefining how those numbers work.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 03 Sep 2015, 00:56

It turns out the Xbox has only a few days left on its warranty which makes sense given I bought it for Destiny in the first place and it's coming up for a year old. It's always had an intermittent issue when the screen breaks up similar to artifacting on a failed graphics card but it would do it at times when it had been on for a short while and it wasn't any worse after it had been on for a long time which suggested it wasn't a conventional graphics card failure. More recently it's been getting worse and the hdmi connection has been dropping entirely for a moment, the TV's hdmi connections go to the right and the cables go into the middle of the desk area so I think there's been some pressure on the hdmi sockets.

I've moved the Xbox to another TV and so far it's been behaving itself for a couple of hours this evening which isn't definite but certainly points more to the TV. The only hesitation I have on that is that when I'm using headset through the controller, when the hdmi connection drops entirely the audio also drops on the headset although I know the Xbox doesn't run without an active hdmi connection as it won't fully start up if the TV isn't powered on.

John
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 03 Sep 2015, 09:06

Hmm might be worth sticking a repair request in while its still covered? Not sure how it works with MS if it turns out to be fine?

I don't need to take the missus to work tomorrow so don't need to be up quite so early so should be able to do a 10pm start, although not sure what would be best to do. I need a PoE 32 run for the armour core, and would like a 34 run for the weapon core. But I also could do with running through the raids before The Taken King launches as I have a feeling it will be a nightmare trying to get a team together for the year one stuff.
matt
Cake
Cake

Destiny

Postby matt » 03 Sep 2015, 12:40

i need to get a crota run in to get some upgrade tokens for my boots. Currently stuck on level 33... GGGRRRR!!!
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 03 Sep 2015, 12:59

I can probably be on from 8ish tonight if you want to try and get something done?

I need to run the 32 and 34 PoE this week, and would like to run the Raids, maybe hard modes but not sure how much fun that will be for a first time through.
matt
Cake
Cake

Destiny

Postby matt » 03 Sep 2015, 13:41

will check in with brother if he's free. 3 + 3 randoms should be good for Crota, still need a level 34 too.
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 03 Sep 2015, 15:26

If we go with PoE first it might be possible for john to join us for Crota, if he fancies it, meaning fewer randos required?
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 03 Sep 2015, 16:26

Maybe not then

Just a quick note if you had any Destiny plans tonight. You don't anymore. Bungie is taking the servers down for around six hours for maintenance. This will be starting from 4pm GMT (that's 8AM PT).

http://www.gamesradar.com/psa-destiny-s ... urs-today/
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 03 Sep 2015, 17:16

I wouldn't have been available pre-10 anyway (finishes at 10pm?), I guess it's reasonable when they're making such huge changes to the game next week they're going to need some downtime.

John
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 03 Sep 2015, 17:27

Perfectly understandable, even if they weren't about to change almost every aspect of the game, from my recollection there has been very little maintenance downtime? Although there have been months on end that I've not played so I might have just been lucky. Should in theory finish for 10pm but these things never run as smoothly as they expect so wouldn't be surprised if there is a further delay.

Return to “Gaming”