Destiny

Postby matt » 31 Aug 2015, 14:54

vault of glass hard tonight?
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 31 Aug 2015, 23:10

:cake: :mrgreen: :mario: :mario: :uni: :mrgreen: :P :cake: :mario: :donut: :cupcake: :fish:) :tank: :whale: :popcorn: :tank: :uni: :mario: :D :D :o
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
matt
Cake
Cake

Destiny

Postby matt » 01 Sep 2015, 09:51

yep, that was sub optimal last night, sorry chaps for getting your hopes up.

Have a cousin over from 'murica today and tomorrow so looks like thursday might be my first raid night this week.

when is the new expansion out? might book a day off...
scarbunny
Master of the Salmon Slap

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 01 Sep 2015, 10:55

Went well then John? I had had my fill of Destiny for the day, grinding out Eris Morn bounties for XP is not fun. I ended up watching this weeks Dragons Den and getting an early night so all was not lost.

This week Variks has boots, so worth trying for, for me and would be a big improvement for Matt as well. He has a nice looking scout rifle as well if we could get a lvl 34 PoE run done.

Nightfall is the Valus Ta'aurc Cabal one, not sure about the main run but the boss has a reasonable cheese spot which should make it easier.

Looking at the Moments of Triumph thing I have 7 days to do VoG and Crota on hard and the lvl 35 PoE to get the emblem, I can't see that happening.

Taken King is out on the 15th.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 01 Sep 2015, 13:26

It went very well, I decided to bite the bullet and try a Skolas run with a couple of randoms off the Destiny Fireteams subreddit as I've had good luck with matches there for level 32 ad 34 prison of elders. I'd read a lot of Skolas stuff that didn't sound much fun as players had tried to get him for hours without any success but also read that the key to getting past him was good teamwork and good communication. The two guys I joined were excellent, they had no problem taking me on my first run and we had good teamwork to get through the stages. Onto Skolas himself and we had a couple of wipes mostly my fault while I got the hang of it but we managed him after that, after we finished the second set of mines and Skolas' health was low we all emptied Gjallarhorn rockets into him - watching all the rockets streaking towards the doomed Kell was immensely satisfying.

Skolas himself does an immense amount of damage with is scorch cannon even if you're in cover the splash damage can easily kill you. We had two titans and a warlock so rather than keep running round the arena as some recommend, we stayed at the one side and kept a bubble up the entire time with enough orbs for the warlock to self res if things went wrong. Once Skolas goes down to 65% a team member gets infected with devouring essence which lasts 30 seconds, if the guardian still has it at that point they're killed so they have to pass it over before 30 seconds - they can't take it back for 30 seconds so the second player has to then hold it for a bit to pass it onto the third player who then has to pass it back to the first person. It sounds simple but when you're getting hammered by enemies, Skolas and have to dismantle mines it's easy to forget the timer and there were a few frantic changes.

I think it would be very tough as a level 33, even at level 34 with a set of ascended weapons it was fairly tough and there's times you need to be doing a lot of damage quickly so it's not even a question of being patient. The rewards are crap, you get etheric light, weapons core and armour core but those are all likely to be useless for those taking on level 35. There's a chance of getting an elemental primary but I just got a crappy legendary the same you can get from the PoE chest.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 01 Sep 2015, 13:31

With solar and arc burn, the Nightfall will be a final hurrah for Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn :( I suspect the boss won't last long against a barrage of Gally rockets, probably won't even need the cheese spot.

I'm going back on shift tomorrow so I won't be able to do any Destiny until after ten for the rest of the week but up for any activities otherwise.

John
matt
Cake
Cake

Destiny

Postby matt » 01 Sep 2015, 15:36

after 10pm?

could probably do a late night one night...
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 01 Sep 2015, 16:02

It's a bit more awkward but I'm sure I can do ten, thurs/fri/sat are probably better but I'm sure I could do today or tomorrow if needs be.

Might try and do a solo nightfall tonight
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 01 Sep 2015, 18:09

It's probably one of the easiest Nightfalls to do solo as there's plenty of wide open spaces to allow you to keep well clear and snipe at your leisure. Almost everything Cabal is solar which is going to hurt with the solar burn but the one to watch out for is the Psion's wave attack which is arc and with the burn it becomes a one hit kill, they're easy to miss as they're weak enemies but the wave is deadly as it goes straight through cover and Titan bubbles.

Finally got my Moments of Triumph although seems a lot for just an emblem:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Trium ... #ajax=true

John
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 01 Sep 2015, 19:21

Just tried this weeks Nightfall. Nope.

I'm really not good enough at this game.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 01 Sep 2015, 20:50

scarbunny wrote:Source of the post Just tried this weeks Nightfall. Nope.

I'm really not good enough at this game.

You need to bear in mind that Nightfalls are meant to be difficult for a fireteam of three and you don't have max armour, ascended weapons or elemental primaries which makes it an extremely difficult challenge. I rarely solo the Nightfall as it takes a while as you need to slowly go through being very careful and one small mistake and it's all wasted. I'll be on for a spell this evening if you can spare some time, it shouldn't take long with two of us and solar burn.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 01 Sep 2015, 23:17

The Rngesus on the Nightfalls is tough this week, Patience and Time in the first run and Sawtooth Oscillator for the second while Chris managed to get exotic chest armour for the warlock he doesn't have...good incentive though to get the warlock going? On the second run I invited a friend in for the boss who's only recently started playing and just reached level 30, he hardly has any legendaries so thought anything would be good for him but he also got a sawtooth oscillator which aside from being a crap weapon, he has one already. Funnily enough though I took him through the Weekly heroic and he got a legendary primary weapon engram which decoded to the Last Word (exotic hand cannon) and the strike levelled him up with Vanguard which bagged him legendary boots. He had enough marks left over to get legendary gauntlets so now up to level 32 :)

John
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 02 Sep 2015, 10:10

I have my Titan nearly up to level 9, but I'm really struggling to get through the campaign it's just not fun and my weapons are pretty poor, not helped by the fact I'm trying to run him with a Hand Cannon which seems to be one of the lest common items. Not sure what the easiest way to level up a new character is apart from running the campaign and doing the bounties as they come up?

I think I will boost my Warlock once that becomes an option.

Could do with doing both 32 and 34 PoE this week to try and get the armour and weapon cores and an etheric light. I know John thinks its a waste but the armour core and light I can be level 34 this week.
matt
Cake
Cake

Destiny

Postby matt » 02 Sep 2015, 10:14

might be able to get on tonight, depends on if our visitors stay on or head on to their next place.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 Sep 2015, 10:39

I managed to solo the final Nightfall ever which seemed a fitting farewell to it, Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Found Verdict, Black Hammer, Ice Breaker and Gjallarhorn. It's strange to think of Destiny without any of them as well as all the hours going for armour cores and etheric light shortly going to be useless as well butI guess on the positive side there's going to be a lot of new stuff. The Nightfall was trickier than I thought, the solar burn made cutting through the cabal fairly easy but the splash damage from the Colossus' rpgs was absolutely lethal, I needed the self res quite a few times due to that. Valus didn't go down with the opening barrage of gally rockets and his rockets were similarly deadly which meant I ended up hiding until my self res was back, sneaking out to fire off a few rockets, dying and frantically trying to get back in. Eventually Vision of Confluence finished him off as I was chipping away at his health from the hiding spot and realised that it was actually doing a fair amount of damage.

Levelling up another player is a pain, the quickest way is to get another high level character to sprint through the level as that means you can do the higher level mission for more XP and do it far quicker. Also knocking out bounties along the way gets vital bonus XP, I guess now with Taken King you'll have to keep on doing that past 20 now instead of the huge grind to get Legendary marks and reputation.

Return to “Gaming”