Destiny

Discuss PC and console gaming
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 26 Aug 2015, 20:22

The sleeper stimulant looks pretty cool apart from anything else, I like the fact that the new exotics seem to be something a bit more different to the standard weapons as many of the current Exotics aren't anything that special.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
matt
Cake
Cake

Destiny

Postby matt » 28 Aug 2015, 09:10

I'm so lost!!!

And slight buthurt I just spent 120 vanguard on a helmet when I could have bought one that is better... FFFFFUUUUUU

So, I've done nightfall, weekly and dailys this week. Done a queen bounty @ reef and got nothing of interest after getting a key and POE level 28 run through.

Characters:
Main - Titan - 32 just
Second - Warlock - 28 or 29, has a good chest plate and an exotic helmet (needs an upgrade)

What do I need to do for the rest of the week:
1. Dailys
2. Visit XUR - what do I need to get from Xur?
3. level 32 POE
4. Do the expansion bits for my second character?
scarbunny
Master of the Salmon Slap

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 28 Aug 2015, 09:45

If your aiming for level 34 then you need armour with a light value of 42.

Ways to get 42 light armour

1 - Run PoE level 32 - this will give you an armour core to buy a piece of 42 light from Varkis in the Reef. However you can only get one piece a week. This week its a helm
2 - Get an Etheric Light an upgrade vanguard armour, these are guaranteed drops from PoE level 34, and random drops from Nightfall, and possibly other places.
3 - Upgrade an exotic armour piece with an exotic shard.

Currently I have an exotic helm with 42 light. However after mine and John's successful PoE run last night I have an armour core to buy the helm from Varkis. So my next steps will be, check Xur see if he has anything worth me buying and upgrading to 42. If not buy an exotic shard and upgrade a chest piece I already have to 42. Buy the helm from Varkis. Hopefully run PoE level 32 the next 2 weeks to get the other 2 armour pieces or etheric light I need.

See easy :slap:

Hopefully John will fill in the bits I've missed.

EDIT - Xur has nothing that is worth me buying this week so will grab a shard or two to upgrade my exotic chest armour and buy the helm from Varkis.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 28 Aug 2015, 12:06

1 - The dailys are ok for rep but the ascendent materials aren't really worth anything any more, I tend to only do them if they're shorter missions and/or I can combine them with bounties.
2 - As Chris has said, Xur unfortunately is pretty crap this week:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame ... _20150828/

I was hoping for the Titan helm Saint-14 (blinds enemies in the shield) or at least exotic engrams to have a go at getting one. At least I can get some more heavy synths, my Hunter has been burning through them this week.

3 - Definitely PoE 32, it's not too bad this week as there's no dismantle mines although the shoot mines got a little hairy. The level 34 is potentially doable as well although I haven't done the boss for a while, it's the Cabal one that remodulates his shields each time he regenerates it so it needs quite coordinated fire to bring him down and the cabal safe area is tough to hold.

4 - What level is your second character? Doing the missions doesn't get you much but it does get a bit of xp, a guaranteed key and access to PoE yourself.

I'd spend etheric light on weapons rather than armour, you're not any stronger when over levelled (there is a damage penalty when you're underlevelled but no bonus when you're over levelled) but a higher rated weapon is useful at all levels. For example if you do Vault of Glass on level and spend the etheric light on armour to go from 32 to 33 it will make no difference (aside from slightly higher defence) but an ascended weapon will do more damage on any activity.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 28 Aug 2015, 12:25

Will it not depend on what you want to achieve? If your wanting to be level 34 by the launch of TTK then spending the Etheric light on upgrading armour is a quicker way of achieving that then waiting on armour cores, and considering Year 2 weapons should be more powerful than the highest Year 1 weapons there is only a few weeks where the the weapons will be maxed out?

I was hoping for a nice exotic hand cannon from Xur this week as I'm not sure I really like the assault rifles any more, but I might just start levelling up my scout rifles instead.

Would anyone be up for trying for a VoG run over the weekend? See if we can't get 6 together for a hard run, or failing that if Matt's brother is up for it a normal run with 4? Then maybe on to Crota?
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 28 Aug 2015, 13:09

You're not going to get much etheric light though either and a single more powerful primary makes all the current activities easier, a single armour core gets you up to 33 anyway so it's only going to be a single level you're losing for the Taken King.

I'm up for trying a VoG run although I think a normal mode run is a better idea regardless of how many we get as hard mode is punishing due to no revives, it's a tough way to learn the mechanics of the game as it's easy to get killed and then have to sit it out.

John
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 28 Aug 2015, 14:56

There seems to be almost another games worth of mechanics in the higher level stuff that I didn't know existed, like the 30 second time out before revives on Raids and PoE above the first level, no revives at all in Hard raids, what ever other crazy stuff is in the raids themselves.

Is it worth putting a Techpond clan together? if nothing else it should make it easier to get the "Strength of the Pack" Achievement
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 28 Aug 2015, 16:55

scarbunny wrote:Source of the post There seems to be almost another games worth of mechanics in the higher level stuff that I didn't know existed, like the 30 second time out before revives on Raids and PoE above the first level, no revives at all in Hard raids, what ever other crazy stuff is in the raids themselves.

The changes in the raid themselves aren't too bad, there's two Oracles with the Templar instead of one but that's not too big a deal as the person holding the relic can cleanse you (whereas in the previous stage it's crucial to kill all the Oracles as you have to use the pit to cleanse and it's limited), there's two more Gorgons in the maze which are stationary and Atheon applies detainment bubbles to those who are not teleported, the same as the Templar. Thankfully unlike the Templar you're not getting ready to use heavy weapons so it's more of an annoyance.

I think it's good to do a few normal runs first to get the feel of the mechanics then go onto hard mode otherwise you end up dying a lot and missing everything, it's really annoying in hard mode when you walk off a cliff at the start of a round or clip the edge of a platform with a rocket and that's you finished. Also Vision of Confluence and Found Verdict are both drops in normal mode so it's still worth doing.

Is it worth putting a Techpond clan together? if nothing else it should make it easier to get the "Strength of the Pack" Achievement

I'm not too fussed, it was a pain getting the current clan to register properly.

John
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 28 Aug 2015, 17:18

Looks like Atheon's Epilogue is also a drop from the normal raid, which would be of great help to try and get Thorn. Not sure when I'll be free over the weekend, but I'm sure I can find time when everyone else is around. Although this is all reliant on finding 2/4 more people.

Not even sure how to start a clan so probably wont bother if no one is particularly bothered.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 28 Aug 2015, 17:29

Atheon's Epilogue unfortunately is hopeless at the moment, it's been hurt badly by the auto rifle nerfs leaving it only useful for oracle killing...even against void targets it suffers compared to a standard Vanguard weapon. Normal mode is doable with less of us particularly as people can be revived although can still be a challenge

John
matt
Cake
Cake

Destiny

Postby matt » 28 Aug 2015, 17:40

aarrrggg accidentally five pints in. Will read again after supper
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 28 Aug 2015, 17:49

Maybe this is why the Vex don't like us...

http://i.imgur.com/PPXW81x.gifv

John
matt
Cake
Cake

Destiny

Postby matt » 30 Aug 2015, 11:41

what time is xur leaving today? I already have an exotic helmet for my warlock, might be an undepowered one though and use an exotic chest piece for my titan. Gamble on an exotic engram?

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/xbox/techpond

just checked my warlock, 26 of 42, might be a quick win to bag a new helmet?
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Destiny

Postby Johnmcl7 » 30 Aug 2015, 13:39

I think it's Friday 10am to Sunday 10am Xur is here. I received a new exotic helm for my Titan for the Nightfall which I thought for a moment was Saint14 but sadly not, I've got nearly 200 motes of light ready for Exotic helmet engrams! Although I realised I'm missing light 42 leg armour, I've been using exotic leg armour at the moment but it doesn't help my subclass and if I do get my Saint14 helmet it would mean dropping to level 33..hopefully Variks is selling leg armour on Tuesday.

John
scarbunny

Destiny

Postby scarbunny » 31 Aug 2015, 14:52

Just ground out the last few bounties I had this week, one of the more annoying Vanguard ones and then 3 of Eris' ones and now have a fully upgraded 42 light chest piece and am level 33. Now knowing my luck the armour core will be for a chest piece next week and I will have wasted a load of time but you never know. Not sure I can make anymore progress until Tuesday now?

Return to “Gaming”