£17 to spend on Xbox before the 1st June, suggestions?

Discuss PC and console gaming
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

£17 to spend on Xbox before the 1st June, suggestions?

Postby Johnmcl7 » 29 May 2015, 22:06

I have £17 credit which expires on the 1st June which I think I can spend on any of the Microsoft services including the Xbox and Microsoft store.

There's nothing really catching my eye, both House of Wolves and the Forza Horizons 2 are options but neither are particularly appealing. Any suggestions?

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
matt
Cake
Cake

Re: £17 to spend on Xbox before the 1st June, suggestions?

Postby matt » 30 May 2015, 01:36

trials fusion is good fun
scarbunny
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby scarbunny » 30 May 2015, 13:43

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood?
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 31 May 2015, 13:25

I've got Wolfenstein for the PC, I prefer that format for FPS games unless I'm playing them co-operatively.

I'm thinking Tales from the Borderlands might be a good bet now or Ori and the Blind Forest?

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 01 Jun 2015, 15:15

Ori is good, but its a proper old school hard platformer towards the end, requiring some pixel perfect jumping.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 Jun 2015, 02:02

You can laugh at me when I'm complaining about how I want to break my controller over it then ;)

I kept swinging back and forth between House of Wolves but at the end I grudged paying so much for so little even if it was money that was going to expire anyway.

John
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 02 Jun 2015, 09:22

House of Wolves is some of the best content for Destiny, but for £20 is a massive rip off. I only have it as I jumped on the expansion pass when I bought the game, otherwise there would be no way I was buying it.

Interested to see what the big "Comet" expansion brings later in the year, but I assume that will be priced as a full game and I've already spent enough on it so it will have to be spectacular if I'm to buy it, and there will no doubt be a second expansion pass for content packs 4 and 5.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 Jun 2015, 19:31

From what I've seen of House of Wolves it does make some clever re-use of existing maps and enemies which would be good if it was a free or cheap release but it's just a joke for what they're charging - seeing the weekly strike was Septiks prime I thought there's no way I could be bothered doing that again which I gather I'd largely still need to since I'm missing a few decent exotics.

There's a lot of rumours about the Comet update with the only concrete-ish one being it's going to be $60 which is the full game price. Bearing in mind the original Destiny release was lacking content and this time they already have the game engine and most of the assets (enemies, guns, armour etc.) it would be reasonable to expect more planets, missions, strikes and raids than the original game but pragmatically I'm expecting a lot less.

John

Return to “Gaming”