3DS game recommendations

Discuss PC and console gaming
scarbunny
Master of the Salmon Slap

Re: 3DS game recommendations

Postby scarbunny » 18 May 2014, 17:27

I've bought all my 3DS games digitally, Game sells download codes for the same price as the physical copy. I've never traded games in so for me, sure I'd like them to be cheaper but I don't mind paying for the convenience especially for a portable console.
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 19 May 2014, 09:25

If you keep trading them in, then they will hold their price! Go on, buy original, give the developer some dosh!
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 19 May 2014, 19:35

I will if it's a brand new game or on discount!
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 28 May 2014, 21:01

So, AR cards: fun gimmick or is there a use to them?
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 28 May 2014, 21:31

Fun gimmick I think!

j
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 28 May 2014, 22:25

Cool. I'll try mine out tomorrow! Haven't opened the packet to see what cards I've got yet.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 19 Jun 2014, 23:23

:( Does no one want to be my friend?

Or is the James that popped up in my Mii Plaza you, Jim? Says met via invitation. Any friend codes for you guys? The only guy I keep meeting at the moment is the boy who lives next door (whose bedroom is adjacent to mine) and he's helping me defeat ghosts and the like in StreetPass Quest.

Super Street Fighter IV arrived today! Cue the button bashing! Up to two games now :D

Also, had a funny one the other day with the 3D effect (which is normally off). Had my glasses on to watch tv but then opened up my 3DS for a play and wondered how well the 3D would work with my glasses on as I don't normally wear them for close range work as I'm a little short sighted. On turning on the 3D effect I just saw two images from slightly different perspectives and not the blended in one image that creates the 3D effect. Tried altering the slider and the images just got either 'further apart' or 'closer together' - my brain just wasn't working out or processing the images as intended. Took my glasses off and the 3D effect appeared as expected and stayed as 3D when I put my glasses back on. Every time I've tried since my eyes & brain pick up the stereoscopic 3D image as opposed the to separate images that make it up.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 20 Jun 2014, 01:17

I don't really know how the friends codes work to be honest, I think I have Street Fighter though - does that work online?

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 20 Jun 2014, 09:29

I'm not even sure where I would find my friend code.

The dungeon quest thing is pretty easy until one of the levels where the person you meet has to be wearing a light blue top otherwise you cant progress and a latter one that requires white.

I need to play more 3DS, want to finish Fire Emblem and Pokemon but just not getting in to it. I had the same thing with Zelda, just couldn't get in to it, then one day picked it up and was hooked and then finished all of Lorule, collected all the things and got all the weapons in a weekish.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 20 Jun 2014, 23:43

Click on the smiley face icon at the top of the home menu and it'll take you to your friend list. Click on you Mii mug and it'll show you your friend code.

Cheers for the info on the quest thingy. Wondered if it would get any harder. Need to maybe go into town with it in my bag and see if I pass any others with a 3DS.

There's an online match up on Street Fighter. Not sure how it works as not tried it yet. I'm super rubbish at it at the moment. Also got some free levels on Super Mario 3D Land the other day. The places where you go to play a mini game in between levels in a world. Not sure how they came about either but they were gifted to me or I got them somehow over tinterweb. Maybe I should read that booklet that comes with the game...
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 02 Jul 2014, 13:54

scarbunny wrote:The dungeon quest thing is pretty easy until one of the levels where the person you meet has to be wearing a light blue top otherwise you cant progress and a latter one that requires white.

I got past the blue top bit with my neighbour's Mii (doesn't have a blue top) as his Magic is flames which went past the shield and defeated the knight. Did have to hire someone to light up the room. Got lucky with my second purchase who had a white top and brought light to the room. Now to bump into the boy next door again and let him to his magic and hopefully then onto the final level!
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 18 Jul 2014, 12:38

Managed to convince my missus to go to Game to pick up the Charazard they are giving away in store I avoid the embarrassment of being a 30 year old asking for free Pokemen, although they assumed it was for her daughter.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 03 Sep 2014, 14:19

Just seen that there's a new 3DS coming out soon, called the.... New 3DS!!! Loving the new at the beginning like with the New Super Mario games.

At least the x,y,a,b buttons on the new 3ds (regular size) look cool! Not so much on the new 3DS XL version. Also has better 3D viewing, faster processor, extra shoulder buttons, a new circle stick, nfc and custom covers!!

XL version: http://reviewjunkies.com/wp-content/upl ... 3DS-LL.jpg
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 03 Sep 2014, 18:40

And its more powerful meaning new games won't work on the old 3DS despite them being identical to the majority of people. I was excited for Xenoblade Chronicles but its a "new" 3DS exclusive.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 03 Sep 2014, 19:27

I'm disappointed they haven't fixed the main issue with the 3DS which is batterylife, the DS lasted forever and a day and given the 3DS hardware is relatively basic the poor batterylife is a big letdown. Integrating the second analogue nub seems a good idea but it doesn't look to be in a comfortable position particularly given the 3DS ergonomics are not great in the first place.

The biggest issue has to be the name though, I can't believe how stupid it is given how much criticism Nintendo have taken over the 3DS and Wii-U names. It's interesting seeing a general point of view on the likes of HotUKdeals where many people were baffled at the 2DS due to thinking the 3DS was simply a DS that offered a 3D screen and similarly the Wii-U was a modified Wii with a bigger controller.

I think the coloured buttons look great (shame they're not on the XL version as you say) although not sure about the extra shoulder buttons, the originals are a bit awkward and these look worse. Some of the articles suggested Nintendo may be setting the 3DS to work as a Gamepad alternative which I think is a great idea but can't really seeing it working ergonomically.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.

Return to “Gaming”