GTA V thread

Discuss PC and console gaming
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

GTA V thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 17 Sep 2013, 23:45

I'm thinking it deserves its own thread so here we are...

scarbunny wrote:
Johnmcl7 wrote:
So far I can't say I'm that impressed with GTA V, the controls are horrible and the graphics they claimed were the PS3/360 were clearly not. I've already had enough of 'homey' 'nigga' and the constant cursing which makes up the main script so thought I'd hop into a cop car to do some vigilante missions but doesn't look like there are any.

John

Kinda feeling the same, controls are ok, shooting mechanics are better than 4, but driving still seems crap. That whole early section with Franklin really annoyed me with the street talk, and far to much swearing. The Michael/Franklin section is slightly better, but what the hell is with the grading of missions?

Need to play more to get a better feel for it, but the opening couple of hours of SR4 had me hooked and wanting to play more, the first couple of hours of GTA V have left me cold.

My annoyance with the controls is that the auto aim seems really strong but goes the wrong way so I'm in cover and aim at a guy then swing out, the auto aim takes over and swings me towards another target completely but misses. So I end up swinging all over place and missing because the auto aim keeps taking control but doesn't target properly although I'm hoping it gets better as shooting skills improved. The car controls seem a bit wonky as the car doesn't steer instead it rotates and the rotation is particularly quick with faster cars although again it perhaps gets better with an increase in driving skills. Michael is a welcome relief from the constant homey/nigga talk (which I assume they think is funny to have nigger in every single sentence with some conversations) although I was hoping I could do side missions with him instead of Franklin but it seems they're fixed to a character.

I think it may well get better in time as it's kind of drip feeding everything at the moment and the missions are very dull but as you say it's not very appealing, it's just boring to play. I fancy giving Saint's Row 4 a go now though as it's down to £25 and it does look like it's a lot more fun.

John
We are outnumbered by enemy titans, recommend aggressive sustained counterfire
matt
Cake
Cake

Re: GTA V thread

Postby matt » 18 Sep 2013, 01:37

loving it! mostly exploring the map and stopping the floor from moving with my face.
Tappy
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Tappy » 18 Sep 2013, 13:43

As I said in my (slightly sarcastic) post on the bought it thread, I haven't played a GTA game since GTA2, just hasn't interested me. But once the reviews came out for GTA V, some with blisteringly good takes on it, I had to take a punt. And since it is the most expensive film/game ever made, it's almost a must watch/play.

I loved Saints Row 2, so that's my benchmark for this! (Thought SR3 was a bit OTT incidentally).
Last edited by Tappy on 20 Sep 2013, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Replicant

Postby Replicant » 20 Sep 2013, 13:19

I never really got on with GTA as the driving (my favourite bits) was always crap.

Its like having a second rate driving game added to an average third party shooter in my eyes.

Saying this I did enjoy SR3 for sheer stupid fun and I used to love the original Driver.
Y.N.W.A.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 21 Sep 2013, 09:13

Well, bought off amazon for delivery on Monday.

j
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Sep 2013, 18:16

What format has everyone bought on it? What is the current state of multiplayer, I've seen something about the main online mode coming later but don't know if there's anything available at the moment. It would be great to get some Techpond games going.

John
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 21 Sep 2013, 18:50

360 and 99% going xbox one in november
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 21 Sep 2013, 20:03

360 for me.

The multi player was set for release 2 weeks after the initial release date I believe

j
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 21 Sep 2013, 20:11

Also 360.
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 21 Sep 2013, 20:13

Also 360.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Sep 2013, 20:16

This looks good so far as I've bought it on the 360 as well.

John
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 23 Sep 2013, 09:40

360 here too.

I'm enjoying it... nay, loving it atm. Some real good bits in it. Some real odd bits too.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 23 Sep 2013, 14:18

Trevor.

My hero.

worth it for him alone. Apparently if you hold right d pad he shouts abuse and starts fights.....
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 23 Sep 2013, 18:16

Well, GTA was meant to be delivered today from Amazon, it didn't come. But I got an extra month of Prime for my troubles, which nicely takes me through the xmas shopping period :)

Hope it comes tomorrow!

j
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 25 Sep 2013, 09:12

Not sure what that double post was all about.

Not managed to play for a while, and even then not for any length of time.

I have set up a Tech Pond Crew on Rockstar Social Club for when GTA Online comes out not sure how to share it but im sure if you search for "The Tech Pond" you will find it.

Return to “Gaming”