GTA V thread

Discuss PC and console gaming
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Re: GTA V thread

Postby Johnmcl7 » 07 Apr 2015, 18:25

The annoying thing is the main person I play with is a PC guy but a few of the others in the group don't have decent PC's hence going for the Xbox One version rather than the PC version for multiplayer. I think they've still got to fix some of the Heist stuff as it's a bit unreliable but I reckon the Xbox is mostly responsible, the rather depressing thing is that I find the PC far quicker and easier to use than the Xbox for gaming as well as looking far prettier - depressing in the sense that consoles have gone from the quick and easy solution to the long and troublesome one.

We were doing one of the setup missions where you have to break into an area and steal a helicopter which is armed with a 40mm cannon on the front and miniguns on either side. Each of the four takes a different gun and one piloting, we had a bit of trouble working out the best way to take down the incoming choppers (several of which are armed with heat seeking missiles) but managed to do so and finally reached the landing point. About ten seconds away from landing the message popped up 'party chat disconnected' and I realised with horror that it had screwed up again and we'd lost the entire mission :(

John
You are outnumbered four to one by enemy titans, keep calm and focused
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 13 Apr 2015, 13:57

preloads unlock at midnight tonight i think.

BST (British Summer Time): Tuesday April 14th, 12:00am
EST (Eastern Standard Time, US): Monday April 13th, 7:00pm
PST (Pacific Standard Time, US): Monday April 13th, 4:00pm
AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time): Tuesday April 14th, 9:00am
AWST (Australian Western Standard Time): Tuesday April 14th, 7:00am
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 14 Apr 2015, 08:04

Apparently your username can cause issues with the install.. Mine seems to have installed ok, but we'll find out tonight.

How to Fix Problems Installing or Playing GTAV PC On Windows User Accounts Containing Certain Characters

13 APRIL - COMMUNITY
In preparation for launch, we have come across an issue with Windows usernames containing certain characters. Below is a solution for anyone that may be affected by this issue. For any other technical issues with GTAV whatsoever, please head to http://support.rockstargames.com.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/articles/204772198

How to Fix Problems Installing or Playing GTAV PC On Windows User Accounts Containing Certain Characters

Question: I am having problems installing or playing GTAV PC, and my Windows username includes characters that are not in the table at the bottom of this page. Issues include an error message saying “The Rockstar update service is unavailable (code 1)”, or the game hanging while trying to download the update. How can I fix this?

Answer: We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you don’t want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue. To create the account, follow these instructions from Microsoft’s website:
Windows 8/8.1: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-8
Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7
Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... dows-vista
Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A a 0
B b 1
C c 2
D d 3
E e 4
F f 5
G g 6
H h 7
I i 8
J j 9
K k
L l
M m
N n
O o
P p
Q q
R r
S s
T t
U u
V v
W w
X x
Y y
Z z
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 15 Apr 2015, 00:16

On pc, this looks amazing. 1080p 60fps with a mix of high and very high on the GTX 870m card.
LUHG
Born 10/06/14
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 06 May 2015, 00:51

My brother was showing me the AI taxi driver challenge which is quite funny, when you get in a taxi there's an option to get the taxi driver to take a quicker route for more money. He'll then take the shortest route but if you do this near a mountain range they'll try and take a dirt track through the mountain which they've clearly not been programmed for and make a mess of it which is funny to watch:

Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 06 May 2015, 01:03

On a different note I decided to give some heists a go with randoms and managed all 5 setup missions and the heist itself with only one general network error. Comparatively with my friends we normally manage one setup mission (if that) then normally have to give up because we can't get everyone to stay in the game. Although the missions are quite samey in some cases and it can be easy to fail them, they're still surprisingly fun to do.

I'm becoming increasingly suspicious about the XBox One Party chat as being a cause of the connection issues. It looks like it's entirely separate to the game but it isn't, it seems to be quite deep rooted within the game. When playing with randoms I wasn't using party chat (in game chat instead), I''ve beeen trying skype which seems to work ok but not had much time to test. They have supposedly improved the party system with dedicated party servers but that seems to have significantly increased the number of problems so far.

John

Return to “Gaming”