Any wii u love?

Discuss PC and console gaming
UKIan
Master of the Salmon Slap

Re: Any wii u love?

Postby UKIan » 20 Jan 2013, 22:51

jurassicjim wrote:
UKIan wrote:Games: Nothing out, nothing coming out.

Well, probably a bit harsh, but I get where your coming from.

Mario, Nintendo Land and Zombi U are worth getting if you don't have them, Trine 2 download is also really good.

j

yeah, I've got mario and it came with nintendo land. Zombi U didn't really appeal, but I haven't really managed to get into any sort of zombie games so far. Trine I've got both on PC, but it is a cracking good game :)
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 27 Mar 2013, 15:04

I've got my Wii U all setup after the painfully slow updates, I didn't think there could be a console worse than the PS3 for that but the Wii U seems really bad for it. It took a long time for the initial update, another slow update if I wanted to play Zombi-U and yet another one to use the youtube client.

Super Mario Bros U arrived today which was surprisingly quick from Zavvi, also managed to pick up a black Wiimote plus from Tescos for £30 plus another fiver off with a voucher (£50 in Game!) and bought an eshop card so I can try that Nanostray game.

So far I've only tried Zombi-U, I'm trying to get used to it as the gamepad is quite a change from the 360 controller plus I've been playing a lot of GoW3 recently which of course is the polar opposite of Zombi-U.

I'm disappointed Mario isn't online as well as that's an area where the Wii wasn't very good, it would be great fun to be able to play on the Gamepad with people online taking advantage of the camera, mic and speakers.

Lego City Undercover had been preordered - that looks like a good laugh.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 27 Mar 2013, 17:01

Zombi U I really loved, once you get into it it's great. Proper survival horror.

Great in the dark with the surround sound high.

j
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Nov 2013, 02:19

With all this PS4/Xbox One talk at the moment I was surprised to realise it's actually the Wii U I'm looking forward to by a long shot. I was reading reviews of Forza which is the only game that's caught my eye from the new consoles but it seems a fairly safe bet which doesn't advance much over the 360 version but with less tracks and the same annoying freemium stuff from Horizons.

However I'm getting on really well with the 3DS which seems to have really gained momentum with a decent selection of very high quality titles from Nintendo which feel quite fresh compared to many other games these days. I haven't been bothered about the Zelda games for years but I don't remember being as excited for a game release as I am for the new one on Friday as Link to the Past was easily my favourite of the Zelda games.

I'm also looking forward to co-op Super Mario 3D over Christmas, it's looking superb as well.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Any wii u love?

Postby robbo » 14 Dec 2015, 12:16

So, have taken the late (as I always do unless it's a handheld) plunge and am awaiting a Wii U. You guys with Wii Us recommend the Pro/Gamecube controller for Mario Kart? £13 for a Gamecube replica controller at the mo. http://www.amazon.co.uk/PDP-Wired-Fight ... 00LSBNSJA/

The Hori made one is more expensive but gets better reviews http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Smash-Bro ... B00ND0E5ZU
jurassicjim

Any wii u love?

Postby jurassicjim » 14 Dec 2015, 14:15

The pro controller is really nice. I probably prefer it to the original Gamecube controller.

I don't actually use it for MK8 though, the Gamepad is far better than you think it might be for controlling game like MK8.

j
robbo
100th member
100th member

Any wii u love?

Postby robbo » 14 Dec 2015, 17:14

Suppose I'll just have to give it a go a see how I get on. Do plan on getting some sort of Pro/Gamecube controller at some stage though.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Any wii u love?

Postby Johnmcl7 » 14 Dec 2015, 20:42

jurassicjim wrote:Source of the post The pro controller is really nice. I probably prefer it to the original Gamecube controller.

I don't actually use it for MK8 though, the Gamepad is far better than you think it might be for controlling game like MK8.

j

What makes you prefer the Gamepad for Mk8? It's one of the main games that changed me to the pro controller as I found it so much better, the Gamepad is fine for when the second screen is needed but other than that I find the Pro controller much more ergonomic and comfortable to use plus its batterylife is decent whereas the Gamepad's batterylife is largely non-existent. Given the gamepad has no extra features for MK8 and they patched it to have the secondary screen information on the main one, I can't think of any advantages it has.

John
jurassicjim

Any wii u love?

Postby jurassicjim » 15 Dec 2015, 22:43

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the post
jurassicjim wrote:Source of the post The pro controller is really nice. I probably prefer it to the original Gamecube controller.

j

What makes you prefer the Gamepad for Mk8? It's one of the main games that changed me to the pro controller as I found it so much better, the Gamepad is fine for when the second screen is needed but other than that I find the Pro controller much more ergonomic and comfortable to use plus its batterylife is decent whereas the Gamepad's batterylife is largely non-existent. Given the gamepad has no extra features for MK8 and they patched it to have the secondary screen information on the main one, I can't think of any advantages it has.

John

It's just the controller I always have out for the Wii U and I always have it plugged in.

j
robbo
100th member
100th member

Any wii u love?

Postby robbo » 22 Dec 2015, 17:00

Got my Wii U. Had a little play on Mario Kart 8 last night. Downloaded the Merc cars and they look suitably funny with Yoshi driving them! Left the machine to download Splatoon over night.

Didn't receive the Mario and Luigi game so have emailed to ask them about it. Checking the hotukdeals thread I found the console deal on it seems I'm not the only one who didn't receive their extra free (and I think physical) game they were promised.

Didn't mind holding the gamepad and it was nicer than expected in the hand but I think I will be getting a Pro comtroller in the future.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Any wii u love?

Postby Johnmcl7 » 26 Dec 2015, 03:15

My brother is up for a few days and was trying to think of what co-op options I had, checked through my Xbox one collection but the lack of split screen gaming meant it was pretty much just Diablo 3 then of course remembered the Wii U which offers single screen multiplayer gaming on most of its game and the controller compatibility is superb so it works with current and past controllers unlike the Xbox One. I let him have a look through the games and he fancied Yoshi's Woolly world which I've been very taken with, there isn't actually much platforming challenge but trying to find every nook and crannie to get the secrets does take a bit of effort and in general it's just a nice chill out game helped by the incredibly cute Yoshis and the woolly effect everything has. In each level amongst other secrets you have to find five yarns of wool which come together at the end to make a new Yoshi you can change to if you want, my favourite so far is the Moo Moo Yoshi which has a pink snout and black spots on his white body.

My only annoyance is the Amiibo support which again cuts out content of the game unless you have the Amiibo, in this case you can't design Yoshis at all without an amiibo not even just to store on your console. That said, amiibo Yoshis are also very cute so may end up with one anyway...the mega one looks awesome and I was about to fire it into my basket then realised at £33 it's more than I paid for the game itself.

John
robbo
100th member
100th member

Any wii u love?

Postby robbo » 26 Dec 2015, 12:17

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the post the mega one looks awesome and I was about to fire it into my basket then realised at £33 it's more than I paid for the game itself.

I so want the mega one! :D Do you both play at the same time in the game controlling two Yoshis?
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Any wii u love?

Postby Johnmcl7 » 26 Dec 2015, 14:04

robbo wrote:Source of the post
Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the post the mega one looks awesome and I was about to fire it into my basket then realised at £33 it's more than I paid for the game itself.

I so want the mega one! :D Do you both play at the same time in the game controlling two Yoshis?

Yes - you can eat each other and spit each other out like firing an egg and help each other jump higher although I had the wrong control system initially and then changed so my brother hasn't been impressed with the amount of times he's been accidentally eaten.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Any wii u love?

Postby Johnmcl7 » 27 Dec 2015, 03:17

I didn't last long...he's on his way!
robbo
100th member
100th member

Any wii u love?

Postby robbo » 04 Jan 2016, 01:54

Is he as great as you'd hoped?

New Mario and Luigi arrived last week. Haven't tried them yet though.

Return to “Gaming”