Anyone interested or getting one?

Think I will....

J
scarbunny
Master of the Salmon Slap

Re: Any wii u love?

Postby scarbunny » 17 Sep 2012, 09:13

Nope, cant see the point in the thing. I can play most of the launch titles already, the touch pad gimmick just looks cumbersome and the launch price seems far too high for a current gen console.

My Wii has had a total use of less than 3 months over 3 years, it now collects dust or gets used for Virtual Console nostalgia binges.

I will be interested to hear your thoughts on it if you get one though
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 17 Sep 2012, 15:37

not for me, happy with the xbox/ps3.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 17 Sep 2012, 18:42

Looks like I'm the only one then.....

I do have £200 amazon vouchers though...
steffcip
1+1=1 ?!
1+1=1 ?!

Postby steffcip » 17 Sep 2012, 18:44

jurassicjim wrote:Looks like I'm the only one then.....

I do have £200 amazon vouchers though...

I'll buy them off you for £100 so you don't waste them on something you don't need :):)
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 17 Sep 2012, 19:11

As a Ninty fan I'd like to give one a go and see if it works. The controller just looks so big and unwieldy though. More interested in the Tvii aspect recently! Lol. If it works over this side of the pond...
Southwestwall
Rising from the depths
Rising from the depths

Postby Southwestwall » 19 Sep 2012, 18:56

Our Wii was a late adopter discount purchase a couple of years ago as a mildly motivational fitness device for the ladies of the house.

It arrived with Wii Fit Plus and Sports Resort, which remain the sum total of the collection. I doubt a replacement will ever be considered.
Notebook: Alienware M17xR3 - Core i7 2720QM, 8GB RAM, AMD HD6990M 2GB, 2x 1TB Sata 3 HD, Win7 64 HP
Notebook: Dell XPS M1730 - C2D T9300, 4GB RAM, 2x 8800M GTX SLi, 2x320GB HD, Fista 64 HP

Forgotten Hope 2 - http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/
UKIan

Postby UKIan » 19 Sep 2012, 22:16

I was completely no, then just a solid no, and now I'm sort of wavering a little, but I can't really see the point of it for me at the moment.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Sep 2012, 02:03

No I'm not interested at all, nothing I've seen appeals to me.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 12 Jan 2013, 09:51

Zombi U is a really good game, played it through and completed. I really don't understand the mixed reviews it got. If you have any passing interest in horror/ hard/ survival games its a must play in my opinion.

Really good atmosphere and tense, exciting game mechanics. It's actually a lot more of an open game that I was expecting. You have a lot of freedom to go where you want and how you tackle certain situations. If you see a crowd of zombies there are numerous ways you can tackle the situation, which is fun. The fact that one zombie can kill you means you are constantly on your toes.

j
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 12 Jan 2013, 17:13

How did you find the Wii U in general? What's the tv controller like to use?
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 13 Jan 2013, 15:21

I really like the whole system, the TV controller works perfectly with Sky, and take 1
5 seconds to be playing a game and switch to tv mode, change the channel and be back to the game. It's actually much easier than using the sky remote.

The software needs an update, as quiye slow moving between applications, but once you are in them they run pretty fast. Navigating the store etc is very easy to do.

It's very nice having the option of playing games on the gamepad, feels very restrictive going back to the xbox and having to play on the big screen only. Now for example, been playing mario while the football is on in the background.

Could do with a few more games obviously, but early days. Not much new been announced, but hopefully that will change. Wouldn't mind trying some of the ports, but will wait for prices to come down, as either played them or not willing to pay lots for them.

Bought Trine 2 ff the online shop, and it's a great little game, stunning graphics and again, nice to be able to play away from the TV. Netflix is good also.

The pro controller is great by the way, certainly on a par with the 360 one, if not a little nice feeling, the position of the analogue sticks feels more natural.

j
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 14 Jan 2013, 02:21

I've had a look at one in the shops but I still don't really get it, the reason I play the Xbox or PS3 is to use the big screen so I don't find that restrictive, if I want to play on a portable screen it's when I'm out of the house with no decent screens available.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
UKIan

Postby UKIan » 20 Jan 2013, 13:47

Well, I've now got one :/ So far I see nothing to recommend it.

Games: Nothing out, nothing coming out.
Hardware: Ok I guess, shame there's nothing much to play on it.
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 20 Jan 2013, 19:27

UKIan wrote:Games: Nothing out, nothing coming out.

Well, probably a bit harsh, but I get where your coming from.

Mario, Nintendo Land and Zombi U are worth getting if you don't have them, Trine 2 download is also really good.

j

Return to “Gaming”