What games are you looking forward to?

Discuss PC and console gaming
robbo
100th member
100th member

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

Postby robbo » 14 Nov 2014, 15:44

Some of the Assassin's Creed: Unity glitches look hilarious! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30040613
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 12 Apr 2016, 00:56

It's a long time since we posted in here which can't be a good sign...

Anyway new Gears of War 4 trailer:

I'm not sure what to think of this one although the the concept looks fairly interesting set a good amount of time after the last game, I'm assuming it's the same enemy as before though. That said I wasn't ever fussed about the story, the co-op gameplay was always solid and the Horde Mode in Gears of War 3 remains the best of its type so I'm hoping they manage to offer something similar since that game type seems to be making a come back. Halo 4 didn't offer one at all after the excellent Firefight Modes in ODST and Reach, nor did Halo 5 but it's now getting a Firefight mode in the summer and Destiny is getting a revamped version of its Firefight mode shortly.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
matt
Cake
Cake

Postby matt » 12 Apr 2016, 13:42

titan fall 2 premier from june 12 although assume that's to confirm launch date.
Replicant
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Replicant » 25 Apr 2016, 12:39

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the post It's a long time since we posted in here which can't be a good sign...
John

I was asking our son if there was anything good that had been released lately or on the horizon. We were both stumped as couldn't think of any.
Y.N.W.A.
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 25 Apr 2016, 13:45

I can't think of anything coming up that I am particularly excited for, not sure what's coming out.

Mafia 3 looks ok, the trailers look a bit too bombastic though, I liked the subtlety and relative realism of the original which is one of my favourites.

Ok stole this list from Metacritic "Major" releases with firmish dates.

May 9-15
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Disliked 1 - 3 and 4 is more of the same so nope.
Disney Art Academy - What?
Doom - Just nope

May 16-22
Homefront: The Revolution - Never played the first, heard nothing but bad things, not interested at this point.
Shadow of the Beast - Found memories of the original on the Amiga, trailers look all sorts of awful.
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - Original was ok but I've played it already so nope.

May 23-29
Mirror's Edge Catalyst - First one was interesting but reports from the Beta are not good, maybe when its cheap.
Overwatch - Multiplayer only arena battler, nope
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan - I dont even
Total War: Warhammer - Potentially interested when its cheap, it can sit in my Steam library unplayed like every other Total War game.

May 30–June 5
Dead Island Definitive Collection - Really?
One Piece: Burning Blood - Nope

Summer releases
Kirby: Planet Robobot - Like Kirby, but its 3DS so probably not.
No Man's Sky - Potentially the most interesting game so far, but they have shown nothing that looks like it will hold my interest for more than an hour so maybe when its cheap
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE -
Ghostbusters - Movie tie ins are never bad so....
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Liked the last one so yeah probably, especially after months of drought.
World of Warcraft: Legion - Probably a bad idea

Fall releases
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice - Dear God WHY!
Final Fantasy XV - Probably a preorder but I expect to be disappointed, its been over a decade since a good Final Fantasy game.
Gears of War 4 - Finally " a real game, about real men, about a real war, with real guns" If its like 1-3 I'm possibly interested if its like Judgement then nope, if its something new then maybe.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 25 Apr 2016, 14:15

I'm not sure what to make of No Man's Sky as it's one of those games that could be amazing or very dull and won't really know until it's actually out. I thought Human Revolution was superb and trying not to get my hopes up with Mankind Divided as Ubisoft are so unreliable, I really want it to be good though and the trailer is superb for it.

I thought some of the ideas in Judgement were good but for some reason didn't get into the game at all, the lack of Horde mode was particularly frustrating after the awesome GoW3 mode - I'm really hoping they have something similar in GoW4.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 25 Apr 2016, 16:19

scarbunny wrote:Source of the post Total War: Warhammer - Potentially interested when its cheap, it can sit in my Steam library unplayed like every other Total War game.

So very, very true!

But there have been some stellar Warhammer games, like Dawn of War, so perhaps it's time for Fantasy to have its day.
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 May 2016, 02:08

There's a new Deus Ex Mankind Divided trailer which gives a taste of the game:

I'm not keen on the illumanati idea but the gameplay looks similar to the first one and that's definitely good.

Speaking of Warhammer, there's a new 40K game which is actually looking very promising:

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 04 May 2016, 00:50

Also on the subject of Warhammer, I'm very excited about a new Dawn of War:

I thought Relic had gone bust when THQ went down the drain however they have survived which I'm pleased to see and it looks like they're going more for the style of the first Dawn of War game scale wise.

John
jurassicjim

Postby jurassicjim » 04 May 2016, 12:41

Someone needs to make a Warhammer 40k film and quick!

Those CGI trailers are always amazing.

j
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 04 May 2016, 15:50

jurassicjim wrote:Source of the post Someone needs to make a Warhammer 40k film and quick!

Those CGI trailers are always amazing.

j

Sadly they put their foot in it by releasing an absolutely terrible Warhammer 40k film:

The story was stupid and the CG was just appalling, the characters were a low poly count, the texturing was basic, there were few on screen at once, the environments were basic and the animation was terrible as well. What was worse was that it came out after Dawn of War which not only had reached a fairly mainstream audience but its intro CGI was of far better quality, it did a fantastic job bringing Warhammer 40K to life and even now I still think the powerful dreadnought thumping into battle and spooling up its autocannon to hose down the attacking Orks looks fantastic.

There is a fan made short film called Lord Inquisitor due out next year and they showed off an impressive bit of concept work with a Grey Knight suiting up and using a real time rendering engine but it's obviously a lot of work to produce a film and it's not easy:

But yes, I agree entirely with your sentiment - it's not even as if it would be hard to make a Warhammer 40k film particularly in the current era where stuff like Transformers is doing well. Big badass genetically engineered humans in power armour wiping out the xenos/traitors/daemons etc. has quite a universal appeal.

John
Tappy

Postby Tappy » 05 May 2016, 09:25

Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the postBig badass genetically engineered humans in power armour wiping out the xenos/traitors/daemons etc. has quite a universal appeal.

John

I think you mean big, idiotic, genetically flawed humans in power armour being wiped out by the superior races. Why, yes, that does have universal appeal!
Gengar Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Samsung 256GB M.2, NVidia GTX 970
Wigglytuff Microsoft Surface Book | Raichu Microsoft Lumia 950 XL | Bulbasaur Nvidia Shield Tablet | Arbok Microsoft Band 2
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 11 May 2016, 16:05

Tappy wrote:
Johnmcl7 wrote:Source of the postBig badass genetically engineered humans in power armour wiping out the xenos/traitors/daemons etc. has quite a universal appeal.

John

I think you mean big, idiotic, genetically flawed humans in power armour being wiped out by the superior races. Why, yes, that does have universal appeal!

Good news Tappy, there's actually another WH40K game on the way for heretics like you:

http://www.neocoregames.com/w40k-inquisitor/

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 02 Oct 2016, 03:03

Matt, was it Deathwing you were talking about coming out as a co-op game in November? I didn't actually realise it was out so soon and I'm trying to keep my expectations in check although from what I've seen of it so far, it's looking superb - the detail on the Terminators, their weapons, the Tyranids, the starship designs etc. all look spot on and seems to fit well with a co-op based loot shooter. What I'm also impressed by is their choice of chapter, Blood Angels have always been the ones that were part of the Space Hulk table top game and the Dark Angels don't have a particular Xenos specialty. What makes them interesting though is during the heresy, their Legion split in half and one half turned against the other with the loyalists winning out. They keep their heretic side a secret even from most of their own warriors and they focus on tracking down the ones that betrayed the legion known as the Fallen, they believe they can only redeem their chapter when they have successfully captured all the Fallen.

Gav Thorpe has been enlisted for the Deathwing game and he wrote one of my favourite Space Marine novels featuring the Dark Angels, it follows an Interrogator Chaplain who is tasked with hunting and capturing the fallen and flicks between two timelines - one 15 years in the past when he is interrogating a Fallen member he has captured and in the current timeline he is tracking two more Fallen who once were with the captured one. Astelan, the captured Fallen will not admit to his sins and instead claims his faction remained loyal to the Emperor the whole time and they were turning against the Legion as they believed it was going the wrong path, too secretive and hiding too much. Over the course of the book, the Interrogator Chaplain's position is gradually eroded and by the end having seen some of what Astelan predicted become true is left unsure of how 'bad' the Fallen really were and there's a bit of a shock ending when he and his team die as he hadn't realised various secrets being kept around him. It's a welcome change from the usual heroic space marines barging into battle and saving the day and I'm really hoping there's an element of that in the game, it seems likely there will be something to do with the Fallen otherwise there would be little reason to choose the Deathwing.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 20 Nov 2016, 01:26

Another new trailer, again looking superb:

Return to “Gaming”