What you playing at the minute?

Discuss PC and console gaming
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 07 Jul 2017, 22:50

scarbunny wrote:Source of the post An awful lot of solitaire, we've been a little slow at work, I was in the office all alone for a week last month, and the Windows 10 solitaire has Xbox achievements so if been working on them. I've always quite liked solitaire and now I've worked out what freecell is all about that's quite a good time killer to.

I didn't realise it was still on the go, I quite liked Minesweeper when Windows 8 came out but it was a bit buggy which was irritating.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Replicant
Master of the Salmon Slap

Postby Replicant » 20 Jul 2017, 10:36

Dear Deirdre,
I have a horrible feeling that I have grown out of gaming!! I haven't played a game in ages and cannot get enthused to start and nothing is particularly inspiring me at the moment either.

Am I getting OLD?! :shock:
Y.N.W.A.
EviL Ras
+1!!!!!!
+1!!!!!!

Postby EviL Ras » 20 Jul 2017, 14:14

TL:DR - yes.

Basically i've not played anything either recently. Even though i bought fallout 4. It doesnt help that my GTX 870m is starting to struggle. So next year I'm going to upgrade my laptop. I'm looking at 1060 GPU machines. So the MSI GS63, the Razer Blade 2017, Auros x5 (GTX 1070) that sort of thing. I do a bit more video editing these days, but mainly just web surfing!

Shame really, i miss those L4D sessions!
LUHG
Ghost - MSI GS60 Ghost Pro. 15.6" 1920x1080 LED, i7 4710HQ 2.5 (3.5ghz turbo), 16gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM, 3GB Nvidia GTX870M, 2 x 128gb SSD, 1Tb 7200rpm HDD
Born 10/06/14
scarbunny

Postby scarbunny » 20 Jul 2017, 17:07

I was going to say I don't think it's an age thing, but maybe it is, maybe that's why despite buying and playing quite a lot I've not had the same enjoyment as I used to from it. There are games that, from experience, I should love that have left me bored. Looking back I think it started around the start of this console gen and has been getting steadily worse, moving seems to have had a massive impact on my desire to play games not sure if this is down to having no internet or proper furniture for over a month? But it's one of them things I do because it's what I do.

The most enjoyment I've had is from "walking simulators", stuff like Firewatch, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture & Virginia and also Life is Strange which is more a Tell Tale type game.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 21 Jul 2017, 01:11

Replicant wrote:Source of the post Dear Deirdre,
I have a horrible feeling that I have grown out of gaming!! I haven't played a game in ages and cannot get enthused to start and nothing is particularly inspiring me at the moment either.

Am I getting OLD?! :shock:

I worry the same from time to time but then I get very into a game and find that's now the case, I've similar thoughts about Chris and this console generation feeling like a weaker one. Part of it is just the sheer number of games out there I think making it more difficult to settle with a particular game and get into it, there's certainly still games out there I've loved this generation - Destiny for all its flaws had some incredible moments during the raids and Ori and the Blind Forest is stunningly beautiful with fantastic gameplay.

I've also been enjoying Gears 4 for its class based co-op again even though they've done little to improve the issues with it but disappointed Destiny 2 seems to be looking worse by the day.

John
Used correctly terrain is a second weapon in your arsenal, equal to your Titan itself. Make the battlefield work for you, or you will find it working for your opponent.
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 31 Jul 2017, 13:02

Titanfall2's horde mode is live which they call Frontier Defense where you guard against a fortification for five waves against increasingly tough enemies mostly comprising of lots of titans. You start off on foot for the first wave but after that you stay predominantly in a titan with none of the parkour running first person shooting the PvP mode heavily features. It's fairly basic as you mostly fight a variety of titans with some basic options to buy some upgrades and fortifications between rounds but it's a reasonable challenge even on easy and it gets very hectic near the end of the later waves when the titans are assaulting in big numbers. I haven't tried a higher difficulty level as the titans get more capable as they are levelled up so mine aren't good enough for it, there's a lot of upgrading which gets a bit dizzying...your character gets upgrades, each of his weapons get upgrades, the titans get upgrades and probably other stuff that keeps flashing up on screen that I'm not sure what it's doing.

It's meant to be coming to EA Access tomorrow which if that's the case will be an easy buy, the mode gets a bit repetitive but it's cheap enough to give it a go and the variety in the different titans you can choose mixes it up a bit.

John
Johnmcl7
Daemonhunter
Daemonhunter

Postby Johnmcl7 » 01 Aug 2017, 02:28

TItanfall 2 has gone onto EA Access so I've bought that as it seems not bad value for £20 anyway as I'd have paid that for TF2 on its own. I was thinking I'd get bored of it fast but found I was missing 'Stand by for Titanfall' more than I thought and was pleased to hop back into the cockpit to wreak some more havoc.
robbo
100th member
100th member

Postby robbo » 09 Aug 2017, 17:04

I freaking LOVE Nintendo!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :mario: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :fish:

Spoiler:

coz I do.

Tune! Turn up the subbbb!!!!

:D

Return to “Gaming”